BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Fútbol, Le Foot, Voetbal, ποδόσφαιρο

12 minutes ago, roverandout said:

I was only kidding but as for your assessment of tomori.  They have kept more clean sheets with him in the team and yes I can back it up as i have been following him closely 

He has made mistakes in big games so maybe he is just not a top level player at this moment.

• Like 1

Inter were superb in that first half and blew AC Milan away with some superb football. I don't like how BT who have some real experts on Italian Football revert back to Crouch, Gerrard etc who cant compare with the sort of knowledge and insight. Its the predictable crap, focus on (and interviews with) a couple of players each with relevance to England and/or the Premier League.

I occassionally watch Serie A on BT Sports and when I do I think it is very well presented. Napoli have been a joy to watch when I have seen them but missed Oshimen for the first leg of the quarter and rushed him back for the second.

• 2 weeks later...

Juventus have been docked points again. Makes a mockery of the Serie A. So far this season, docked 15 points, overturned on appeal, now docked 10 points.

It wouldn't surprise me to see this punishment overturned too. It affects the validity of the competition by changing the amount of pressure clubs are under in certain games. 

I'm really not a fan of the club and think Serie A is a much better spectacle without their ongoing dominance. Looking at the current squad, they've burnt money for a pretty poor set of players. The worst of which is Pogba who's started 1 game all season.

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Darrenbot said:

Sevilla win on pens,i thought it was going to go on all night,so much moaning at every decision from both teams slowed the game down.

It was verging on the pathetic tbh. Both managers guilty of constantly leaving the technical area aswell. 

Tammy Abraham was awful aswell. Deserved an Oscar or 2 for his antics. 

3 hours ago, DE. said:

Extra time felt like it lasted another 90 minutes. Embarrassing from both teams.

An awful advert for football. Far too much play acting and histrionics. Anthony Taylor and Michael Oliver had their hands full, but did well. 

Mourinho pulled his usual. This time he threw his runners up medal into the crowd.

I made this comment in the Champions League thread but it does seem odd to me having grown up with football Italia, Roberto Baggio, and the all-conquering AC Milan teams of the late 80's/early 90's to see Italian teams featuring Premier League also rans. Roma had Smalling, Matic, Abraham, Patricio, Wijnaldum, and apparently a former Rovers loanee playing. A far cry from the heady days when the Premier League got Serie A cast offs.

Erik Lamela, Alex Telles, and Jesus Navas were ex-Prem players featuring for Seville.

9 hours ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

Rekik

It is. I recall getting a bit giddy when he signed because he had a big reputation. After watching his debut at Hull that quickly changed and he tanked in the next few games. In fairness though he has made a good career for himself.

Your prize for the first to answer correctly is an evening with Steve Waggott 😂😂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, arbitro said:

It is. I recall getting a bit giddy when he signed because he had a big reputation. After watching his debut at Hull that quickly changed and he tanked in the next few games. In fairness though he has made a good career for himself.

Your prize for the first to answer correctly is an evening with Steve Waggott 😂😂

Bring your own knife.

I had planned to watch the final followed by England U20s but as it meant  6am finish and feeling tired I gave them a swerve and got some sleep.

Looks like I made the correct choice for once. I recall giving up at HT in the Liverpool v AC game .... There have been others in both football and cricket...

I will make the effort see WHU and City win their finals but not sure I can cope with the FA Cup final offering but that's a signal for it to be a decent game

I'm glad Sevilla won. It started for me when Rakitić went to take a corner early on, and Roma supporters were chucking coins at him. Stupidity. Mourinho is a dick head for throwing verbal insults at Anthony Taylor in the car park after the game, and it no doubt sparked Roma fans to abuse Taylor and his family at the airport. Morons all around. Mourinho the biggest of them.

Taylor had a bad night, but doesn't deserve what that lot threw his way. It was a horrible game full of antics, but the better team won in the end.

• Like 1

If Roma were an English club they would be banned from UEFA competitions for five years. An absolute disgrace to the game, Anthony Taylor gave plenty of cards but all were deserved. I certainly hope Mourinho never comes back to the prem. Is there a fit and proper regulation covering managers?

Edited by Ianrally
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Ianrally said:

If Roma were an English club they would be banned from UEFA competitions for five years.

Love how that gets said whenever a foreign club or their fans do something 😆 nothing has ever happened to suggest that'd be the case.

Mourinho's English teams were of course known for their sportsmanship and good treatment of referees. Anders Frisk 2005, Tom Henning Ovrebo 2009 (Mourinho was no longer there then but Chelsea again) - both very similar.

• Like 1