BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Other PL happenings 2010-2011

Tom

Im glad though, Its a result which will hurt...and one which will ensure they fight against Blackpool.

Eh? That makes no sense.

The Champions League is pretty much gone for Spurs now, they'll be deflated against Blackpool. They could easily not turn up.

A win today would have kept them in touch with Man City and given the Blackpool game more importance.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Observation: Sunderland have never finished above Bavkburn in the PL. They are currently 3 points ahead of us on 41.

Maybe, just maybe...

Considering the amount of money they've spent in comparison to us, that's kind of sad for them. This season will probably be the season they do finish above us, and we actually need them to win a couple of matches for us in the run-in I think so I wouldn't necessarily begrudge them that if we survive as a result :P

Good to see Chelsea putting some pressure on the Red Scum at the top.

Would you rather play "the Red Scum" after they'd already won the league or when looking for points?

Eh? That makes no sense.

The Champions League is pretty much gone for Spurs now, they'll be deflated against Blackpool. They could easily not turn up.

A win today would have kept them in touch with Man City and given the Blackpool game more importance.

As I've mentioned on the relegation thread the race for 4th seems to be over for them but they will be looking over their shoulders at Liverpool, knowing if Stoke do beat City in the FA cup final then only 5th place in the league will get into Europe.

Fourteen goals for Odemwingie this season so far for 1 mill.

Now that's a bargain we really should have been all over.

Hindsight is always 20/20. ;)

Most people on here were very excited when we signed M. B. Diouf on loan, I think anyone would have a hard time playing upfront for us this season.

Eh? That makes no sense.

NO european football if they give up?!? I doubt that very much, they will want 5th no doubt about it!

As I've mentioned on the relegation thread the race for 4th seems to be over for them but they will be looking over their shoulders at Liverpool, knowing if Stoke do beat City in the FA cup final then only 5th place in the league will get into Europe.

Fair enough, they've still got things to play for.

I don't see how losing today makes them more motivated for Blackpool though. Blowing their Champions League chances will do more harm than it will good.

I don't see how losing today makes them more motivated for Blackpool though. Blowing their Champions League chances will do more harm than it will good.

The fact they've, as you say, blown their CL chances, will mean IMO that they'll be motivated to beat Bpool to make sure they get at least the consolation of being in the Europa league.

They havent blown it just yet...they still have to play City and also City need to go to Everton too....they will however blow it when they face Liverpool in 2 weeks time.

Good to see Chelsea putting some pressure on the Red Scum at the top.

What a strange viewpoint Matt. With those two goals ruled out the 'red scum' might have it all sewed up by the time they come to Ewood. Now it's unlikely and more likely that they will come to Ewood with all guns blazing needing a result.

What a strange viewpoint Matt. With those two goals ruled out the 'red scum' might have it all sewed up by the time they come to Ewood. Now it's unlikely and more likely that they will come to Ewood with all guns blazing needing a result.

Im guessing that he is writing off the Man Utd game anyway. So it doesnt matter if their season is over or if they are desperate for the 3 points.

Anyone expecting an easy game against United is living in dreamland.

The ref didn't know that he had already booked Gardner when he gave him the second yellow card. Brilliant. Cause it WAS a dive, and it WAS a yellow card. Wouldn't have got it if the ref knew though.

• Backroom

Just have to hope Brum can scrap a draw now but I think wolves will pick up a huge win.

At least we did our bit this weekend!

Archived