BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Other PL happenings 2010-2011

Tom

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Couldn't care less, hopefully it will be our "staying up" party.

Were you at Ewood when s*ity got promotion? It will be Ten times worse if they win the title at Ewood.Can you imagine Rudolf's gloating after. NO WAY DO I WANT THEM TO DO IT AT EWOOD.

In a perverse way, I'd rather Utd won the title (I know Vinjay will hunt me down for saying so)and if they share the points with us, I don't mind them doing it at Ewood.

BTW, the only reason is stop the Liverpools fans I know, from going on about 'nobody as won the league more times than us'

I wasn't sure where to put this. But this seems like the most appropriate place.

Apparently Kevin Davies received abuse on Twitter after saying this on Saturday:

"On coach, first goal important today. Looking forward to seeing Blackburns attractive football been hearing Kean talk about today."

He said

"Just to let you all know today will be my last day on twitter, it's been very interesting and met some great people but not for me anymore."

"Reason for leaving is partly due to abuse that nobody needs really. After 18 years in pro football abuse is part of the job description"

According to reports, it was abuse from Rovers fans. My link

STOP PRESS

"Footballer finds out that he's not Idolised by all"

The only thing that amazes me is that it's taken this long for it to sink in.

Then again, he did put his head above the parapet when he signed on to twitter.

He signed up to a medium which leaves him open to criticism from the general public, the smart move would have been not to post up his sarcastic remark prior to the game, IMO he bought the crap on himself when he really should gave known better.

In fairness I have a major issue with the way abuse is hurled at footballers and even opposing fans!! It gets personal and sometimes sickening (Owen Coyle racist chant / arsene wenger chants)..

Am all up for a bit of banter but unfortunately there's too many ppl that take it too far..

Is there an inherit tribal requirement to fulfil in us..?? I don't think so.. Unfortunately society is fast losing it's core principles of respect and decency.. And personally I find it a massive shame when I see the pure hatred in some of our fans eyes towards players and opposing fans..

In fairness I have a major issue with the way abuse is hurled at footballers and even opposing fans!! It gets personal and sometimes sickening (Owen Coyle racist chant / arsene wenger chants)..

Am all up for a bit of banter but unfortunately there's too many ppl that take it too far..

Is there an inherit tribal requirement to fulfil in us..?? I don't think so.. Unfortunately society is fast losing it's core principles of respect and decency.. And personally I find it a massive shame when I see the pure hatred in some of our fans eyes towards players and opposing fans..

I agree with you, it's not something I subscribe to personally but it has always been there, you talk about pure hatred for opposing fans like it is new craze, remember the 70's and 80's?

I wasn't sure where to put this. But this seems like the most appropriate place.

Apparently Kevin Davies received abuse on Twitter after saying this on Saturday:

"On coach, first goal important today. Looking forward to seeing Blackburns attractive football been hearing Kean talk about today."

He said

"Just to let you all know today will be my last day on twitter, it's been very interesting and met some great people but not for me anymore."

"Reason for leaving is partly due to abuse that nobody needs really. After 18 years in pro football abuse is part of the job description"

According to reports, it was abuse from Rovers fans. My link

"The Bolton skipper was targeted by fans of his former club Blackburn after saying he was looking forward to 'seeing Blackburn's attractive football been hearing (Steve) Kean talk about'."

Typical Davies. He can give it but he can't take it.

1-1 thank clumsy, hit shift + 8 again!!! defoe!

1-1 all in the end. could have done without blackpool getting a point. I reckon we need 1 more now.

Hopefully west brom can beat wolves!

• Backroom

I really strongly dislike Adam since we played them, did you see him pointing at his badge today when he was after leaving in Jan?

Nice of BBC to question him about it as well, oh no they just wanted to know about his goal.

Archived