BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Other PL happenings 2010-2011

Tom

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Colin W****r's face was a picture after QPR's draw today.

"Hurray, you are promoted to the PL."

"Er, sorry, no your not, Norwich have just scored."

Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy. I'd love it if they missed out on goal difference and were battered in the play-offs.

Chesterfield could have been promoted last week so the BBC sent my daughter to cover it - it didn't happen. Then they got promoted without playing because of Wycombe's result, so today the BBC sent her to Chesterfield again hoping to see them be crowned champions. Instead they let Bury win and move to within 2 points of them and now, although they are definitely promoted Bury could beat them to the title.

Chesterfield could have been promoted last week so the BBC sent my daughter to cover it - it didn't happen. Then they got promoted without playing because of Wycombe's result, so today the BBC sent her to Chesterfield again hoping to see them be crowned champions. Instead they let Bury win and move to within 2 points of them and now, although they are definitely promoted Bury could beat them to the title.

It's time to send her on a special mission to report on Bolton (I'm sure Yorkshire viewers will be interested!). And how Man Utd are doing, after all they are hated by Leeds fans.

I thought you already won half of that £3.5k (sounds big like that doesn't it!) yesterday? Or did those winning all roll onto today?

No seperate bets mate as the lower leagues had a full programme yesterday so thought id try my luck again!!

Never mind.....shame the season is coming to an end for these bets though! :P

Carlisle's failure to score a goal today cost me £3500!!!

And Leeds failure to beat Palace also cost me £3558.92!!!

Muppets!

Gutting.

Although (having watched a fair bit of Carlisle since being up here) banking on Carlisle scoring is pretty dodgy ground. Never have I seen a team be so hot and cold in a season. One minute they can play awsome stuff the next they're absolutely awful.

Another good result for us. Wolves lose their game in hand, and we have a 8 goal better goal difference too.

What a shame we didnt get anything last night, would have made for a brilliant weekends results.

Gutting.

Although (having watched a fair bit of Carlisle since being up here) banking on Carlisle scoring is pretty dodgy ground. Never have I seen a team be so hot and cold in a season. One minute they can play awsome stuff the next they're absolutely awful.

Just like Blackburn Rovers over the past fifty years.

I just cant stand Kevin Davies, he must be the dirtiest player in the league system. Elbows, diving etc. Hopefully Samba, J&P Jones will teach him a lesson or two on saturday...

Just had to went some frustration after watching him fall over like a bag of sand in every duel and elbowing Murphy in the first half against Fulham.

I just cant stand Kevin Davies, he must be the dirtiest player in the league system. Elbows, diving etc. Hopefully Samba, J&P Jones will teach him a lesson or two on saturday...

Just had to went some frustration after watching him fall over like a bag of sand in every duel and elbowing Murphy in the first half against Fulham.

Didnt watch it - but sounds like him.

Watch him win at least 4 or 5 fouls on saturday against us...HATE him!

Wish we had him.

• Backroom

Howler by Gomez there but I feel sorry for him the ball didn't cross the line.

He has the makings of a top keeper but has David James syndrome

I cant see it being a conspiricy. Mainly because the decisions benefited Chelsea and Man City and causes problems for Man Utd and Spurs. If it was the other way round I would agree with you.

I just think that having everything go down to the final day is obviously more interesting. This is good for Sky, which in turn is good for the PL.

Is this at the back of officials minds when they are making these poor decisions? If I was a Spurs fan, I'd be very upset that a potential CL place has gone begging because of, not one but, two mistakes.

There should be a published league table of officials where these things are acknowledged. I think I'm right that a referee has his own pair of linesmen, so they'd all carry the can.

And another thing: it's okay for a ref to stop a game when a player is feigning an injury but the game can't be stopped while the fourth official checks a replay following a dubious goal shout? It must be the same amount of time - or less! And they could always add the time on. Plus the anticipation while they check would enhance the experience for fans. Why can't (won't) Septic Bladder see this?

Archived