BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Herold Goulon

When does Grella and Andrews contracts expire anyway?

Off the top of my head, brown, zurab, rigters, salgado, chimbonda & roberts contracts are all up at the end of the season. We just need vince and andrews to join them and i think most of the deadwood would be out.

Grella's contract is up at the end of next season.

Andrews was given an improved deal-I don't know if that also extended it. If it didn't, that is also presumably up at the end of next season.

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Grella's contract is up at the end of next season.

Andrews was given an improved deal-I don't know if that also extended it. If it didn't, that is also presumably up at the end of next season.

Andrews signed a four-year deal last season, so it's up in 2013.

Good one, Williams...

Andrews signed a four-year deal last season, so it's up in 2013.

Good one, Williams...

I actually don't think we'd have any problems moving him on if we wanted to.

He's a regular for Ireland and a (fairly) established PL player now and he's reliable in the injury department. (I think this is his first absence in over two years?). Wages will be reasonable too.

A lower PL club looking for a squad player or a higher end Championship club would take him I reckon. Grella is impossible to shift because a] he's on big wages, b] he's always injured, and c] his ability is nowhere near high enough to warrant a gamble on a and b.

So a midfield youth player, who cant even get in Palace's midfield should play in our midfield!? :rolleyes: Come on guys if he was that good he would be their main midfield man, yet he is stuck at right back!

When does Grella and Andrews contracts expire anyway?

Off the top of my head, brown, zurab, rigters, salgado, chimbonda & roberts contracts are all up at the end of the season. We just need vince and andrews to join them and i think most of the deadwood would be out.

Rigters & Zurab have gone so forget them anyway.

Brown has gobbed off, so he will clearly also leave - little fat stump!

Roberts & Chimbonda are out of contract - id expect both to leave considering we tried to shift them both.

IF Salgado continues to play at the same level then he should get a new deal WITHOUT A DOUBT!!

IF Salgado continues to play at the same level then he should get a new deal WITHOUT A DOUBT!!

It would be the perfect opportunity to clear some space on the wage bill, you know the the bill that takes up 90% of our income.

If the takeover doesn't happen so we are stuck with the current owners and we then offer a 35 year old (he hits 35 years old this month) a new deal then JW and Sam have no right whatsoever to moan about finances.

If Goulon comes in, is there a chance one of N'Zonzi (who doesn't seem flavour of the month at the moment) or Andrews might be heading out - result being we'd be a few quid better off? Might that be the reason?

I realise you could apply the same thoughts to Marrow, but if Goulon is seen as a potential first team regular by Jan and Marrow isn't....... draw your own conclusions. Perhaps seen as the way to have a few quid to spend in January.

Even though Allardyce might not be everybody's cup of tea I don't think anybody can argue that he isn't prepared to give the youngsters a run out.

If Marrow is good enough he'll get a game for us - if he isn't then he won't.

It's far better that Rovers can watch him playing in somebody elses first team than playing in our reserves.

So a midfield youth player, who cant even get in Palace's midfield should play in our midfield!? :rolleyes: Come on guys if he was that good he would be their main midfield man, yet he is stuck at right back!

He's palyed at Centre Back, Full Back and Centre Midfield in the Championsip and earned rave reviews from George Burley and Palace fans.

I try not to get personal on here but I'm sorry you talk some absolute b******s.

Remind you of anyone? Paul Gallagher....Alan Judge...the list is endless.

No offence mate but there is a MASSIVE quality difference between the two leagues, perhaps you would have thought about that had you not decided to be such a muppet in order to earn yourself some precious brownie points. Rave reviews for Palace means Fookall!

• Backroom

I'm not sure on Marrow as I havnt seen him but hughesy has a point, people like Gallagher are bigged up for being home grown and doing well in a lower league but in reality that is where it ends.

I hope Marrow is good enough but it's yet to be seen, for me Goulon is worth a shot if he has more about him than say Marrow regardless of nationality.

There maybe a big difference between the two leagues, but if you introduce a younger player to the premier league on the back of a successful spell in the championship it can only help his chances.

Send him back there and you might as well kick him in the nadgers.

I'm not sure on Marrow as I havnt seen him but hughesy has a point, people like Gallagher are bigged up for being home grown and doing well in a lower league but in reality that is USUALLY where it ends.

Edited to make it more accurate. I remember some homegrown lads who did well in a lower league and turned out let's say not bad for us. Went by the names of David and Damien.

• Backroom

Oh no doubt there are exceptions and I hope marrow is one I wa just pointing out that people get up in arms whenever we let a young home grown player go if he has done ok in the lower leagues.

If George Burley is giving him rave notices then he really IS good........regardless of which league he is playing in.

is this the same George Burley, that said Isgak Abrahams was the greatest footballer he has ever seen?

is this the same George Burley, that said Isgak Abrahams was the greatest footballer he has ever seen?

I've no idea on that one Icers ( I have never even heard of the player you quote), but I DO know George Burley, and getting him to say a single word of praise for any player is like getting blood out of a stone

I've no idea on that one Icers ( I have never even heard of the player you quote), but I DO know George Burley, and getting him to say a single word of praise for any player is like getting blood out of a stone

sorry Fife, i forgot to add a smiley or wink at the end of my post. I was just having a bit of fun with you. My name is Isgak Abrahams btw ;)

Sounds like this has stalled? It seemed from the LT that he was basically on his way. And with Nzonzi being so poor at the moment we need some fresh blood.

Also I would hope Marrow comes back and is given a shot. We are utterly bereft in midfield at the moment and frankly the hurdle he would have to leap to be considered "good enough" is painfully low. He is a worker as far as I understand and that is the baseline. If he can put in the yards then he is worth a go. He can't be any worse in technique and passing that the likes of Andrews and (sadly recently) Nzonzi.

ps. Gallagher is one of the most technically capable players who turned out for us in recent years. Not a Tugay, Bentley or McCarthy but comfortbaly a more assured footballer than Derbyshire etc. His problem was a complete lack of pace and physicality combined with a big head. A real shame as he had (and still has) a lot of quality. I expect him to make an appearence in the Premiership at some point in a bottom half team. Sort of player who would do well at a Blackpool type of club, and with a more mature head on his shoulders.

Frankly at the moment I wish he was still at the club as an alternative to Pedersen (who is currentlly rubbish again) and the crocked Dunn. Not saying he is ideal but we are desperate.

Archived