BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Herold Goulon

Worth his own topic as it sounds from the LT like he is very likely to sign.

Herold Goulon

Seems very similar to NZonzi - French U21 international, tall, young (22 years old), plays defensive midfielder, good technique. Also in the (now closed) transfer topic apparently Lazio and AC Milan were sniffing around at earlier points in his career but backed away. You do have to ask though if that is the case why would they not go back in now he is free? Wages? Injuries?

He spent two years at Boro but never broke the first team, although he was young at 18-20 years old. Managed 37 appearences (according to wiki - this has ben wrong before!!!!) for Le Mans in the last eighteen months which is a good return.

There was some talk about Goulon on the transfer topic. Anyone got any further info?

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

another youngster. that is something im liking about Allardyce at the moment. if we can get a creative mid and another striker, then the future looks really bright. no need to spend big money, if we can pick up more of these talented young players

I think I read he is 6 foot 2, another giant to add to the ranks.

We carry on signing players of this hight we will be having a halftime sponsered beanstalk climb.

Either that or the new Harlem Globetrotters.

I'd much prefer we looked at attacking players, instead of another holding midfielder. We have no one who can control the tempo of a game or spray a pass. There's simply no way we can continue to rely on Dunn for the occasional spark of creativity.

naPL_2679971_1_apx_470_.jpg

Herold "Effieal Tower" Goulan was of the the most improved player last year as his team(le mans)struggled..........He was the TALLEST and Also the HEAVIEST Player in the French league............He seems to be a Sam type player and could turn out to be gem...............

If we are looking to get rid of Grella then i can see the point of signing him. Like Topman i would have prefered we were looking at a creative player, it would give me some hope that Sam knows what is exactly wrong with the squad and his tactics and he is looking to rectify it.

Creative players almost always end up costing considerably more than non creative players, even if they are of similar quality in their respective roles.

If we are looking to get rid of Grella then i can see the point of signing him. Like Topman i would have prefered we were looking at a creative player, it would give me some hope that Sam knows what is exactly wrong with the squad and his tactics and he is looking to rectify it.

We are looking at getting rid of Grella. The question is whether any team is dumb enough to pay us for his "services". :lol:

well looking at Saturday's toothless display where N'Zonzi went missing I think this is needed and as he is a free agent but also agree with others an attacking,creative midfielder is needed hopefully we get extra funds in January.

N'Zonzi went missing? explain.

BLOODY HELL! BIG LAD!

we've got enough defensive midfielders... maybe sam is hoping mancini will continue his obsession with DM's and buy nzonzi, ling, grella and this guy for mega money! :P

im not against his signing, but surely we should be looking at a more creative player! :wacko::rock:

Creative players almost always end up costing considerably more than non creative players, even if they are of similar quality in their respective roles.

Established creative players, yes. There must be attacking midfielders out there worth taking on trial.

Archived