BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Manchester United v Blackburn Rovers

colin

The new owners are going to like this Sam...

They don't sound too keen on him from the interviews and snippets I've read - sounds like they've got their finger on the trigger already. A drubbing here won't do anything for his prospects.

Can't see him being manager beyond the end if the season, and I think even a few poor results in the December games might see him sacked before that.

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Hughsey, as much as you want to defend Sam.. the team selection, the way they play - is all down to one man.. the Manager!

You can't defend this shambles mate this is one Sam has to take squarely on the chin.

Why do we still play Jones in the midfield role when we have so many midfielders? If its because our midfielders are'nt good enough why do we keep signing the buggers.

Im worried we are going to get stuck with some very average midfielders we cant shift, we already have a load now and there all bloody useless and I cant see us signing some quality in this area until we shift some.

• Backroom

Trying to stay calm the fixtures after today till year end are all games we could get something from even if they aren't easy.

We need a good December - so does Sam.

• Backroom

It isn't over yet... but it's going to take a minor miracle for us to get anything from this game. This is one of the poorest United teams in years and we still look an absolute gulf apart in class. Then again, it was the same when we played Liverpool at Anfield. We just don't perform against the 'big' teams away from home.

Im worried we are going to get stuck with some very average midfielders we cant shift, we already have a load now and there all bloody useless and I cant see us signing some quality in this area until we shift some.

Many people myself included have been going on for years about our central midfield. We have without doubt one of the worst midfields in this league.

Dunny- Finished at this level.

Pedersen- Not a central midfielder.

N'Zonzi- Had a solid start but was a tad overrated.

Andrews- Not good enough.

Phil Jones- Centre back not a central midfielder.

Linganzi- Can't get a game at this level, suspect he is not rated by the manager.

Goulon- Don't know anything about him yet.

Emerton- Never really given a proper run in central midfield, seen by Sam as just a winger or backup full back.

To be honest I thought we played reasonably decently until the second went in. Retianed possession, got forward. Goulon seems a good player to me, decent touch and pass if a bit slow. I think he was substituted due to injury rather than tactics.

We fell apart after the third. Chimbonda is an absolute liability, and the first goal was criminal to conceded.

Is Morris a left back?

Many people myself included have been going on for years about our central midfield. We have without doubt one of the worst midfields in this league.

Dunny- Finished at this level.

Pedersen- Not a central midfielder.

N'Zonzi- Had a solid start but was a tad overrated.

Andrews- Not good enough.

Phil Jones- Centre back not a central midfielder.

Linganzi- Can't get a game at this level, suspect he is not rated by the manager.

Goulon- Don't know anything about him yet.

Emerton- Never really given a proper run in central midfield, seen by Sam as just a winger or backup full back.

That is the most concerning thing for me too and has been for a long time and the more we keep adding Goulon's and Linganzi's the more worried I get, I know we have'nt had the money to replace Tugay or Savage properly but the fact that we keep adding more average players tells me that Sam doesnt see it as a problem area.

You can buy the best striker in the world but he still would'nt score enough with the quality of our midifeld supplying the balls.

I guess Sam will blame the players.

Whos' that South African fella he bought, lasted half a season? Elrio van heerden? Maybe Goulon's headed rthe same way?

Bit harsh on two counts. We haven't even heard from Sam yet and EVH wasn't bought, he was a freebie (same as Goulon).

Not excusing the abysmal performance in the first half and Sam and the players have to be held accountable. How we respond in the second half with almost nothing to play for will say a lot about the character of the team.

To be honest I thought we played reasonably decently until the second went in. Retianed possession, got forward. Goulon seems a good player to me, decent touch and pass if a bit slow. I think he was substituted due to injury rather than tactics.

We fell apart after the third. Chimbonda is an absolute liability, and the first goal was criminal to conceded.

Is Morris a left back?

He has played there before for reserves and Academy but I wouldn't recommend it for the Premier League at the moment

Goulon seems a good player to me, decent touch and pass if a bit slow. I think he was substituted due to injury rather than tactics.

You could only really talk about him having a good touch if you were comparing him to an elephant.

Bit harsh on two counts. We haven't even heard from Sam yet and EVH wasn't bought, he was a freebie (same as Goulon).

Not excusing the abysmal performance in the first half and Sam and the players have to be held accountable. How we respond in the second half with almost nothing to play for will say a lot about the character of the team.

No such thing as a free player. I dread to think how many thousands have been wasted on EVH and Basturk.

No im warning about the over-reaction to our entire season/ team/ manager based on ONE game....

Today is awful no doubt about it...im not denying that, but SOME of that anger has to be aimed at the players, not just the manager....of the 30 odd mins or so I watched, I think Roberts touched the ball probably twice & like someone else said the defence is wide open thanks to no support from the middle.

Sadly it is one of those extremely bad performances against a utd team that are playing extremely well. Last week I said chimbonda was a liability. When chimbonda passed the ball back, where man u scored. It was nelson who told him to pass it back to the keeper. He did do without looking.

I know the new owners are wanting entertaining football, but I am sure they wanted that for Rovers suporters and not the oposition.

I do not think many of us expected to get much out of this game. But I also do not think we expected to go their and just surrender. It may be the first wake up call to our new owners. New players are required asap, because this is what we are up against in this league. I am also wondering if the request to play entertaining football is effecting things today. At this moment I would like to see hoof ball, if just to make the score line better.

Archived