BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Venky's Summer Transfer List

Back when the original Maradona story hit the press I thought, oh no, not for us. When the Ronaldinho story hit I thought, here we go again, and if it's true we don't want to bankrupt the club with silly fees and wages.

It just shows how far and how fast we've fallen. I'd actually welcome his arrival now, especially if it meant getting Aguero for silly money.

With the Venky's anything is possible. I still remember Balaji Rao on SkySports smiling broadly, then talking about how the Ronaldinho deal was on. However until they put their money where their mouths are I will always be sceptical.

well venkys really need to do something if we stay up. i dont like maradona but if it ment getting top stars if he were here, so be it. no matter who we have as manager you will always get some one not liking him.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why are people even discussing it!?

It was like the Bendnter rubbish last week, people on here were agate:

'oh we don't want him', 'he's no better than what we have'.

That wasn't going to happen, this aint going to happen!

Give me strength.

Why are people even discussing it!?

It was like the Bendnter rubbish last week, people on here were agate:

'oh we don't want him', 'he's no better than what we have'.

That wasn't going to happen, this aint going to happen!

Give me strength.

Just because it's a message board really, don't get too irate. I'd rather chat about daft things like this than keep going on about relegation, how crap Andrews is and how Jerome Anderson is the antichrist. Though I appreciate that people who do want to discuss those things are welcome to given that's what this forum is for.

:lol::lol:

No chance!!!

no way will Aguero come to rovers!

and we don't want maradona as manager.

we need a proven PL manager NOT a manager for venky's marketing purposes!!!

Cheslea want Aguero

http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/transfer-rumours/6213/7/chelsea-want-atletico-madrid-star-team-torres

Why don't we go for Vedad Ibisevic? villa and west brom want him

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1370925/Bosnia-striker-Vedad-Ibisevic-wanted-Midlands-duo-Aston-Villa-West-Brom.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

Like Villa did with gerard houllier? villa are doing well eh?

As long as people know it's daft!

It's bloody ludicrous matey!

But the only way Venky's are going to get their business model to work is to employ a marquee value manager. That needn't be the wild stab in the dark which would be Maradona, but it does need to be someone who is well known and well respected in the game.

Steve Kean isn't going to bring a big name here that's for sure, so I'm not entirely sure why they put so much faith into him. It's against their own way of working.

If they want to continue struggling, stick with Steve Kean or similar. If they truly want to raise the profile of the club, which they say they do then a marquee value manager is needed. And that would cost a lot of money to attract them. If they get that manager, then there's a chance we could then go for some of the big stars. Until then we won't have a chance, because as someone else has pointed out we aren't Man Utd or Chelsea.

The only way Maradona would work at all would be if we add a battery of really world class coaches to back him up, do the training/tactics etc. and leave Diego to do the motivational stuff. He's not coming, and Aguero is as likely to come as seeing King Edward III play on the lef twing against Arsenal this weekend.

Kuns meant to be joining Real.

:blink:

I'll be watching the next Madrid derby with keen interest, the Athletico fans will not like that.

Out of curiosity Roberto do you know if we sounded out Ranirei as rumour suggests we did over here?

At the end of the day if you don't want the ###### taking out of ya, don't give them the opportunity to do so. Trouble is our owners have created more ###### taking opportunities than a urinal.

At the end of the day if you don't want the ###### taking out of ya, don't give them the opportunity to do so. Trouble is our owners have created more ###### taking opportunities than a urinal.

Brand awareness. Our owners are bringing a new product to an overseas market. Any publicity is good publicity as they say. People won't exactly factor in Blackburn's league position when buying a chicken burger from a Venkys outlet.

I was thinking that some stories, or the majority of them maybe, are being planted just for that purpose, so the name Venky's is in the article/report.

Sure someone would have advised them to come out and say they are committed to us even in the event of relegation - as we know by now, trust what they say with a large pinch of salt.

It is starting to feel like a hit and run job..

Hit and run? Why spend money on any transfers or extra wages? Why not sell your best players at the first opportunity in January? Why fire a guy and pay him in full compensation. IMO these guys are not going anywhere.

It's bloody ludicrous matey!

But the only way Venky's are going to get their business model to work is to employ a marquee value manager. That needn't be the wild stab in the dark which would be Maradona, but it does need to be someone who is well known and well respected in the game.

Steve Kean isn't going to bring a big name here that's for sure, so I'm not entirely sure why they put so much faith into him. It's against their own way of working.

If they want to continue struggling, stick with Steve Kean or similar. If they truly want to raise the profile of the club, which they say they do then a marquee value manager is needed. And that would cost a lot of money to attract them. If they get that manager, then there's a chance we could then go for some of the big stars. Until then we won't have a chance, because as someone else has pointed out we aren't Man Utd or Chelsea.

The only way Venkys are going to get there model working is win over the fans totally get rid of anything to do with SEM/Kentaro/Huber and Anderson...get rid of Kean and Jensen get in a proper management team and let themm make the footballing decisions including transfers !

The only way Venkys are going to get there model working is win over the fans totally get rid of anything to do with SEM/Kentaro/Huber and Anderson...get rid of Kean and Jensen get in a proper management team and let themm make the footballing decisions including transfers !

Sounds great to me, but remember what nicko said 'that aint going to happen'.

Given their decision making to date imy, continous contradictions, conflict of interest model they are following, plus the potential financial implications of relegation they could easily walk away IMO - plus we have a wage bill, I suspect, nearly out of control at the moment when balancing it against turnover/income (I am not accounting for any sponsorship deals etc that may not be in the public domain by the way).

I really hope that someone tells Venky's to buy players in Portugal (specially in FC Porto lol).

FC Porto and SL Benfica have a good number of international quality players that would improve Rovers and could be sold for more money later. Of course they won't sell them all so that's why the teams that buy their players faster will be the lucky ones. Once they sell 2 or 3 players, they won't sell any more players...

Here is a small list (please, someone send it to venky's):

Right Back - Maxi Pereira, 26 y.o., urugaian international (Benfica)

Centre Back - Luisão, 30 y.o., brazilian international (Benfica); Rolando, 25 y.o., portuguese international (Porto); Otamendi, 23 y.o., argentinian international (Porto)

Left Back - Fabio Coentrao, 23 y.o., portuguese international (possibly too late to get him now) (Benfica); Alvaro Pereira, 25 y.o., uruguain international (Porto)

Defensive Midfielder - Javi Garcia, 24 y.o., spanish (Benfica); Fernando, 23 y.o., brazilian but with portuguese passport too (Porto); Guarin, 24 y.o., Colombian international (Porto)

Left winger - Gaitan, 23 y.o., argentinian international (Benfica)

Right winger - Salvio, 20 y.o., argentinian international (Benfica - on loan from Atletico Madrid)

Ofensive midfielder - Belluschi, 27 y.o., argentinian international (Porto); Joao Moutinho, 24 y.o., portuguese international (Porto),

Striker - Oscar Cardozo, 27 y.o., Paraguain international (likely to be sold) (Benfica); Radamel Falcão, 25 y.o., Colombian international (Porto); Hulk, 24 y.o., brazilian international (Porto)

Which is pretty much what I said ;)

:blink:

I'll be watching the next Madrid derby with keen interest, the Athletico fans will not like that.

Out of curiosity Roberto do you know if we sounded out Ranirei as rumour suggests we did over here?

Agree it does sound weird.but that seems to be the inside track.

If i'm honest i have no idea about Claudio Ranieri,he would work in England again if asked.

Hit and run? Why spend money on any transfers or extra wages? Why not sell your best players at the first opportunity in January? Why fire a guy and pay him in full compensation. IMO these guys are not going anywhere.

They're not the sharpest knives in the drawer though are they, as for Venkys not going anywhere, I would say that is correct, theyre not getting anywhere.

If they had used one ounce of common sense which I really doubt they have judging by their running of our once proud club, they could have made some much better judgements than they have, example, if you were looking for PVC Windows, you wouldnt ask a bloody salesman, you would find someone who had recently had a job done,asked were thay happy and how much etc.

No, this lot waded in, well jumped in with both feet and asked the salesman who whilst rubbing his hands in glee, continued to tell them how much they could trust him and to treat him like a friend.

Thats why Venkys are being laughed at throughout the football world, they didnt do their homework.

That's a good idea 67 he would be an amazing signing maybe we should either get Niko to have a word with Kranjcar obviously depends what league we are in but so long as we are still at the kings table would be a good one & if Venkys want to do something right they need to get their wallets out & secure him.

Archived