BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Venky's Summer Transfer List

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why are people even discussing it like it's a possibility?!

I know what you mean, my guess is we will lose one or two come summer, they will need replacing and we cant afford top players, so Norwich are the kind of club who work with low budgets and players would be half decent!

Bendtner is ok as a player but not what we need. I would prefer us to sign Hugo Rodallega of Wigan. But we do NEED a left back and right back aswell plus a good midfield player and maybe another winger.

So we dont need a striker who cant score goals, then you reccomend another striker who.... cant score goals. There is only one player worth having from Wigan and thats N'Zogbia.

I watched alot of Dutch football when it on ESPN. The one player who impress me is Tim Matavz from FC Groningen. A Slovenia striker who has scored 17 goals in 29 games and 3 international goals in 7 games for his country! And He is only 22 years old and a great Prospect for the future! Think Newcastle was looking at him when Chris Hughton was manager. would be good signing.

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/tim-matavz/profil/spieler_50303.html

I know what you mean, my guess is we will lose one or two come summer, they will need replacing and we cant afford top players, so Norwich are the kind of club who work with low budgets and players would be half decent!

distinct possibility we could be playing in a lower league than Norwich next season sadly. If they stay down and we stay up though I agree with you.

There needs to be a massive clearout of this squad but let's face it the only way we are going to get rid of a lot of these mediocre players is letting their contracts run down.

Getting sick and tired of saying this for the past three or four seasons but the midfield is the priority yet again, when you look at our central midfield options there is not one player I would like to keep (N'zonzi maybe but he has had a very poor season). Up front we are going to have problems as well, can't see Crocky staying, Diouf doesn't look like anything special, Niko could well be on his way after being messed around by our two recent managers and Roberts is nowhere near good enough at this level.

There needs to be a massive clearout of this squad but let's face it the only way we are going to get rid of a lot of these mediocre players is letting their contracts run out.

Getting sick and tired of saying this for the past three or four seasons but the midfield is the priority yet again, when you look at our central midfield options there is not one player I would like to keep (N'zonzi maybe but he has had a very poor season). Up front we are going to have problems as well, can't see Crocky staying, Diouf doesn't look like anything special, Niko could well be on his way after being messed around by our two recent managers and Roberts is nowhere near good enough at this level.

I am inclined to agree. Of the team really the only players who look like you would definitely try to hold onto are Robinson, Jones, Samba, Nelsen, Givet, Olsson, Hoilett, Salgado. Mainly due to their youth Nzonzi, Morris, Lowe, Bunn, Fielding and Hanley may have something to offer in the future so deserve a bit of time. We are yet to see anything from Formica and Rochina.

Pedersen, Kalinic and Dunn are all players with obvious quality but none of them is producing anywhere near enough consistently to inspire confidence - yet without them we lack experience so its a bit of a catch 22. Emerton is a solid pro but again when included in the XI tends to more make up the numbers rather than being a key player.

None of the loanees look like they are worth retaining. Maybe Diouf.... he is an odd one. Sometimes I think he could make a big difference but then he disappoints.

Everyone else is certainly ready to be moved on- Grella, Andrews, Zurab, Roberts, Benjani, Goulon . The issue is we won't find many buyers for them, and i doubt we have the financial or scouting resources to bring in better.

We need two decent, consistent, experienced and fit central midfield players desperately, and a striker in some sort of form. That would make a world of difference.

Everyone else is certainly ready to be moved on- Grella, Andrews, Zurab, Roberts, Benjani, Goulon . The issue is we won't find many buyers for them, and i doubt we have the financial or scouting resources to bring in better.

We need two decent, consistent, experienced and fit central midfield players desperately, and a striker in some sort of form. That would make a world of difference.

Zurab and Benjani's contracts are up in the summer.

Goulon has been told he can go.

I think Grella and Roberts only have 1 more year.

Not sure about Andrews.

• Backroom

I watched alot of Dutch football when it on ESPN. The one player who impress me is Tim Matavz from FC Groningen. A Slovenia striker who has scored 17 goals in 29 games and 3 international goals in 7 games for his country! And He is only 22 years old and a great Prospect for the future! Think Newcastle was looking at him when Chris Hughton was manager. would be good signing.

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/tim-matavz/profil/spieler_50303.html

Ah there's the Chaddy we know, everyone who scores a good goal on TV we should sign :lol:

I think I have missed something. Is Jerome Anderson/Kentaro/SEM no longer 'advising' the club? Is it something we're not allowed to talk about? Could someone fill me in please?

I believe Mr Anderson and any colleagues have not been see at Ewood / Brockhall since 22nd February, or thereabouts.

I believe Mr Anderson and any colleagues have not been see at Ewood / Brockhall since 22nd February, or thereabouts.

Thanks for the reply.

Has anyone got any knowledge (or even hints) as to why?

I suppose the reluctance to sack Kean must reflect a panic at not knowing who to turn to over a replacement. Or perhaps without their advisors they really do not see how big trouble the team is in.

Archived