BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Venky's Summer Transfer List

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Ewood Park club have become one of the most ambitious in the country since being taken over by The Venkys Group, and cash will be made available in the summer.

Peter Crouch could be Blackburn Rovers Football Clubs big summer signing.

Finally the owners are going to sign Proven PL players and he won't take to get use to the league.

He would be a GREAT signing. I hope that the owners walk the walk instead of talk the talk. I won't hold my breath tho!

We could be in for Stephen Ireland who would be a good signing for us aswell.

http://www.fansfc.com/BlackburnRovers/story/31009/4.html

The owners have to realise that we need proven PL players with a few good young players and that is how we can move forward and up the league. If the owners are serious and wanted European football then we need to buy big in the summer and buy Proven PL players.

We can only do this if we can STAY UP!!!

Whether Kean should be manager next season is another question.

After they failed to deliver most of their big named signings in the transfer windows, I can't quite get excited over anything I read in the press anymore.

I hope we go after proven players but if I were them i'd focus on keeping the club up before thinking about next seasons players.

Crouch wouldn't come here.

If Crouch is available in the summer, then there will be at least 6 clubs in for him.

The owners and Manager have to convince him to come here. Whether he will is another question. I wouldn't be surprise if he went to Villa if Big Sam is there next season or Sunderland with Bruce

Finally the owners are going to sign Proven PL players and he won't take to get use to the league.

He would be a GREAT signing. I hope that the owners walk the walk instead of talk the talk. I won't hold my breath tho!

We could be in for Stephen Ireland who would be a good signing for us aswell.

http://www.fansfc.com/BlackburnRovers/story/31009/4.html

The owners have to realise that we need proven PL players with a few good young players and that is how we can move forward and up the league. If the owners are serious and wanted European football then we need to buy big in the summer and buy Proven PL players.

We can only do this if we can STAY UP!!!

Whether Kean should be manager next season is another question.

looks like more Venkys spin

Even if Venkys have the resources, which is questionable, the big issue is credibility.

We are, in many eyes, a laughing stock.

If, Kean keeps his job, who on earth will he be able to attract - either player or even coach / assistant manager (leaving us with JJ !).

Huge, huge damage has been done, IMO, and even if we do recover, it could be a long, long road back to respectability.

I no longer believe anything I read or hear about Venky's / Raos and transfer activity. Any credibility they originally had disappeared long ago. Talk of Crouch and RVN simply underlines the stupidity of our current management demonstrating the complete failure to understand what we require at Ewood.

Put players on the pitch and I'll believe it, till the don't insult our intelligence with this meaningless drivel about marque signings. I mean RVN for pity's sake, him and Crouch would really make the world take note.

It's a poor joke.

The media are having a field day with our club linking everybody and tje tea lady with us...they and the dingles will be having a going down party IF we dont sort it out:............still!..if we could manage to survive it would be nice to stick two fingers up at them a la rob green?....

I know Nicko is better connected than I am but I can say this with 100% certainty, we are the talk of football within players ranks in Britain and with regards of both players and managers, I am told we will really struggle to attract established players/Managers at Rovers, most see the new regime as a joke and a Micky Mouse outfit now, only players looking for a last pay packet (ala RVN) will come here, we may be able to get the foreign players but the British lads dont seem to be enthusiastic about Rovers as a club. As for managers, again, which decent British Manager will come, do as he is told, get players forced upon him and play to the tactics/style of football the owners and advisors

want and if it fails its the managers fault???

Savage, Sherwood, Friedel etc etc have all said how their time at Rovers was the best of their career. That no club had a better atmosphere and it was a fantastically run outfit from JW down.

Look at us now, makes you want to weep...

Fast forward three months:

'Rob Hulse is being lined up a the man to fire BLackburn Rovers back to the top flight'.

:(

Too optimistic Mattyblue, more like Steve Thompson from Burnley !

Perhaps, Myles as a mate who's a striker ?

Archived