BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Venky's Summer Transfer List

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't see Bendtner coming here. He's ambitious and likes to be a winner, I don't think we can match his expectations, especially not now.

We need players who are willing to take on a challenge and try and improve an average team. Players like Salgado but younger would be nice.

Good I needed something to make me laugh this morning. Bendtner is said to have quite an ego and a very high opinion of himself. He won't be coming to Ewood.

If this is anything other than idle tabloid journalism the Rao's need to wake up and realise they face much more important issues than a marque signing. As they have utterly failed on every front to date I won't believe any such story till the player is on the pitch.

A marquee chairman, followed by a marquee manager 1st and foremost, will bring in more than 1 marquee signing. Why don't the chickens understand this. Oh wait, I'll have to talk chicken language to them.

No chairman,and a pretender will take us nowhere. This is what we have now, a clueless idiot who was put in charge by more clueless idiots.

Bendtner - not sure he'd consider coming to Ewood somehow. Not entirely sure about his goalscoring qualities either as to me he's very hit and miss (mainly miss, and we have plenty of those already thanks very much!!)

To me, we need to invest in someone like Connor Wickham, Daniel Sturridge or maybe Nathan Delfouneso - and they'd all be cheaper than 15M, plus their English...! The big selling point to these youngsters is they would be garranteed a first team place, regular football week in, week out - and have a chance to develop towards the England team...

Why don't the chickens understand this. Oh wait, I'll have to talk chicken language to them.

The story has been pulled out of a journalist's backside. Why don't the supporters understand this? Using that story to beat the owners is pathetic.

As is your 'chicken' retort.

"According to the Daily Mail, Blackburn nugget-peddlers Venky's are looking to add to the club's battery of strikers by signing Arsenal goal-turkey Nicklas Bendtner in the summer. Bendtner, who has had a curate's egg of a season, will cost £15m. Kaká is apparently also still on the menu."

Taken from the Guardian.

Is Bendtner eggactly what we need???

Looking at how things currently stand.. looks like we need:

GK - Fine and plenty of cover

RB - Would be stupid to expect Salgado to last a full season so cover needed

LB - Givet is better in the middle but if out as he has been fairly often Olsson ends up a waste there

CD - Samba, Nelson and Jones so should be ok

LM - Olsson or Peds

RM - Hoillett but no decent cover

DM - Nzonzi has had an awful season, Grella always out so down to signing JJ if he is good enough.. or signing a new one

AM - Dunn won't make a full season, Peders isn't good enough so it's all down to Formica or Marquee signing (*sigh*)

ST - Cruz is both to expensive and to injury prone

ST - Rochina, Kalinic and maybe Formica should be enough with Roberts as emergancy backup

Basically half a team needed.. :(

Thats one hell of a list of requirements.... but I can't see any of these not being essential

LB

Emmanuel Mbola might be a decent shout.. 17 but already a full international (23 games)

RM

Seb Larsson I guess might still be an option could also cover RB.

A Striker..

Still think we should look at Diego Maurício (nicknamed the little Drogba due to his build but also a skillful player) he is already a big name in Brazil and would be a very nice signing, not to mention he is only 19.

But we probably need someone with more EPL experience.. saying that the list atm is very very short and not exactly exciting.

The bonus signing..

On a more joke worthy note.. we could go for Darío Bottinelli.. considering Venkys want chickens in Argentina the lad is ideal.. given he is nicknamed "the chicken".`

Bendtner I am sure will do the goods at a smaller club like us. 15 goals a season I think is achievable with him. However, the story is rubbish. For starters big clubs from other countries will move for him.

I think he's definitely suited more to a mid-table club and would be a star there, but I'm pretty sure he'd rather stay at a place like Arsenal and fight for a first team spot there even if he has to sit on the bench most the time.

I don't really like him as a player though, so won't be losing any sleep over him whether he came or not.

Archived