BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Venky's Summer Transfer List

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ok on reflection maybe not the Adam free-kick but surely he should have saved both Duff goals one even went through his hands!

In all honesty brfcrule1, I appreciate your opinion and you may be right that Robinson could've done better on some goals (very hypothetical in my view though), but to actually blame him for our results is an injustice. I think if we're going to pin the blame on a single player then I think Samba needs to stick his hand up for that.

Samba is, and always has been, our key player. He has been awful for the majority of Kean's tenure, and with his lack of form has come the team's as well. Against Blackpool we saw what a fired-up Samba means for us. He inspired the team in the dressing room, he got us back on track to earn a draw etc.

It's possible that at half-time at Blackpool, for the first time under Kean, Samba stood up and took charge and acted as the captain he's meant to be. If we're to survive this season, then Samba's performance will be the key, IMO.

Sorry still don't agree.

Blackpool goal? Please.

Elasticman with the aid of The Flash couldn't keep a clean sheet for us this season.

DC man, eh?

Robinson is what he's always been, good all-round keeper who keeps insisting on letting in a few easy goals each season.

Robinson is what he's always been, good all-round keeper who keeps insisting on letting in a few easy goals each season.

Don't they all though? Van Der Saar is probably the most consistant but even he's had a howler or two this season.

Don't they all though? Van Der Saar is probably the most consistant but even he's had a howler or two this season.

Right you are. To be more precis, it sometimes feels like Robinson for all his bravery has lead in his boots and always seems to let in one or two daisy cutters each season.

wonder what the current championship record signing is, wasted a good 3 seconds of my life opening that link.

topic needs re-titling venkys summer fire sale list and discuss how the hell a championship club gets the 30k a week+ rank poor players out the door ala peds,salgado,nelsen,roberts,grella,kalinic, basically everyone bar samba,jones,ollsen,hoillet,robbo.

wonder what the current championship record signing is, wasted a good 3 seconds of my life opening that link.

topic needs re-titling venkys summer fire sale list and discuss how the hell a championship club gets the 30k a week+ rank poor players out the door ala peds,salgado,nelsen,roberts,grella,kalinic, basically everyone bar samba,jones,ollsen,hoillet,robbo.

Samba,jones,ollsen,hoillet & robbo will be the first out the door, we wouldn't get 10 million for the others combined.

can't blame robbo for results or the adam free kick

he has been fantastic for us this season and you can't base your opinion of him on a couple of minor mistakes

remember..we don't have almunia or fabianski, so we're doing alright in terms of keepers :D

Having watched the Brazil vs Scotland match, I'm actually glad that we didn't sign Charlie Adam.

He's extremely wasteful on the ball, lazy and generally disinterested unless he has a set piece to take.

Just what we don't need in a relegation scrap - give me a Jermaine Jones any day of the week.

Having watched the Brazil vs Scotland match, I'm actually glad that we didn't sign Charlie Adam.

He's extremely wasteful on the ball, lazy and generally disinterested unless he has a set piece to take.

Just what we don't need in a relegation scrap - give me a Jermaine Jones any day of the week.

Yeah, Charlie Adam is pretty overrated. I mean he's having a poor game against Brazil and he's only scored 10 goals for Blackpool this season. What a load of rubbish. Thank god we've got Jermaine Jones :blink:

And he's just given away the softest of penalties.

That's just today - barring his set pieces throughout the season, he's been wasteful in possession and gone missing for large parts of most of Blackpool's games.

:blink: indeed.

take a look at his record and you will see why we want him, the guy is 34 and has scored more goals this season then any of our strikers. give him a chance and he will score

Well we don't need him, because plenty of fans reckon Niko will do that. ;)

take a look at his record and you will see why we want him, the guy is 34 and has scored more goals this season then any of our strikers. give him a chance and he will score

RVN is now another year older than when Sam was interested.

We do not need any more passengers in Ewood's rest home and treatment centre.

I can't believe some of you what more does a guy need to do to make people sit up and notice the guy has scored more goals than Niko/Santa/MBDiouf/Roberts put together and some people want to pass this kind of player up at the end of the day no problem planning for next year. Den you state you reckon Niko will do that if you would like another season of struggles then we keep the same strikers but to move forward apart from Niko the rest could not hit a cow's a*** with a banjo & both Santa & MB Diouf will go back at the end of the season and no way can we rely on Roberts I suspect he will be the first out the door in the summer so we will then only have 1 striker so makes perfect sense to plan for the summer. Mecerman yes he is another year older & you don't know he will be occupying the ewood treatment room & in this league what you need is goalscorers and seeing as his goal record is as good as anyone's he is well worth a shot & he can't be any worse than Roberts!.

Archived