BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Venky's Summer Transfer List

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know Nicko is better connected than I am but I can say this with 100% certainty, we are the talk of football within players ranks in Britain and with regards of both players and managers, I am told we will really struggle to attract established players/Managers at Rovers, most see the new regime as a joke and a Micky Mouse outfit now, only players looking for a last pay packet (ala RVN) will come here, we may be able to get the foreign players but the British lads dont seem to be enthusiastic about Rovers as a club. As for managers, again, which decent British Manager will come, do as he is told, get players forced upon him and play to the tactics/style of football the owners and advisors

want and if it fails its the managers fault???

May as well just slit our wrists then?

I know Nicko is better connected than I am but I can say this with 100% certainty, we are the talk of football within players ranks in Britain and with regards of both players and managers, I am told we will really struggle to attract established players/Managers at Rovers, most see the new regime as a joke and a Micky Mouse outfit now, only players looking for a last pay packet (ala RVN) will come here, we may be able to get the foreign players but the British lads dont seem to be enthusiastic about Rovers as a club. As for managers, again, which decent British Manager will come, do as he is told, get players forced upon him and play to the tactics/style of football the owners and advisors

want and if it fails its the managers fault???

This isn't entirely true. Money talks as they say. It's all down to management and if Venky's are willing to put their money where their mouth is.

What I do agree with is that we won't get any decent manager if their hand is forced with regards to tactics/signings.

If Venky's really are ambitious they will employ a good manager with a name to attract stars, and allow him to do his job. The only thing they need to provide him with is financial backing and perhaps one huge marquee signing (a 20 goal a season striker, not necessarily a Ronaldhinho type). After that we may be in with a chance of getting "names" to come to Rovers.

They've been completely misinformed. First must come the marquee value manager, and after that will come marquee value players. It doesn't happen the other way round.

This isn't entirely true. Money talks as they say. It's all down to management and if Venky's are willing to put their money where their mouth is.What I do agree with is that we won't get any decent manager if their hand is forced with regards to tactics/signings.

If Venky's really are ambitious they will employ a good manager with a name to attract stars, and allow him to do his job. The only thing they need to provide him with is financial backing and perhaps one huge marquee signing (a 20 goal a season striker, not necessarily a Ronaldhinho type). After that we may be in with a chance of getting "names" to come to Rovers.

They've been completely misinformed. First must come the marquee value manager, and after that will come marquee value players. It doesn't happen the other way round.

The point I was making regarding players is exactly that, with the management in charge which decent British players would consider Rovers, would Shearer have signed for Don Mackay?? Its the manager who is the one players sign for unless the club is a Chelsea, Man U etc!

The point I was making regarding players is exactly that, with the management in charge which decent British players would consider Rovers, would Shearer have signed for Don Mackay?? Its the manager who is the one players sign for unless the club is a Chelsea, Man U etc!

I remember when Mackay was trying to sign players and failing. Dalglish came along and everyone wanted in. I remember a friend of mine ringing me up saying he'd seen Le Tissier down at Ewood. A shame really as Mackay was a good manager but he just couldn't draw people in as Dalglish could.

I wish we had Mackay now!!!!

A couple of years ago I was privileged to be over at a prestigious event in Europe and Diego Maradona was there as a guest. Whenever the guy was around the atmosphere was electric. People were falling over themselves to meet him. Even Brits who previously had been slating him as a cheat were chasing him for a handshake and afterwards coo'ing about how wonderful he is. Seeing him on telly is one thing but seeing what effect he has on normally intelligent adults is another. I can only imagine how pro footballers react to him. With someone like that we may be in with a chance of signing world stars.

I personally don't rate him as a manager and think he's completely batty, but as a draw for big names he'd be second to very few. That's why I can't understand Venky's going from Maradona to Steve Kean. They obviously got the idea right to get a big name, but then they went to another polar extreme. Obviously they thought throwing bags of money at a player like Ronaldinho or Beckham would be the draw they needed.

They just don't appear to have grasped yet that it's the man in charge that needs to be of marquee value first and foremost.

And to the person who said they'd love Mourinho to come here and "do a Porto" - that's a lovely dream!

Haha, if they did get Maradona here we would get massive names signing for the club. Of that I have no doubt.

Whether he could actually manage the team is another matter! He would certainly brighten up the touchline though and it'd certainly make things a bit more interesting as a Rovers fan. Even if it was to shut up those Burnley fans who gave us stick when the original Maradona story came out. On Facebook there's a few Dingles saying we'd have no chance getting Jol, Benitez or McClaren as manager :P

Personally I would prefer a safer choice of manager, someone who has managed in the prem before and can organize a defense as well as a forward line.

The owners love these links, bulls*** or not!

All free advertising.

I don't buy that anymore Matty, maybe in the beginning, and you do reap what you saw, but they've distanced themselves more recently, even going as far as to obtain an apology from the news of the screws I think it was.

is there anything in maradona this time. i thought we had moved on from that. i know the owners deserve a lot of things heading there way and have not helped them selfs.but the last thing we need is the press making stuff up and making us look stupid.

is there anything in maradona this time. i thought we had moved on from that. i know the owners deserve a lot of things heading there way and have not helped them selfs.but the last thing we need is the press making stuff up and making us look stupid.

Back when the original Maradona story hit the press I thought, oh no, not for us. When the Ronaldinho story hit I thought, here we go again, and if it's true we don't want to bankrupt the club with silly fees and wages.

It just shows how far and how fast we've fallen. I'd actually welcome his arrival now, especially if it meant getting Aguero for silly money.

With the Venky's anything is possible. I still remember Balaji Rao on SkySports smiling broadly, then talking about how the Ronaldinho deal was on. However until they put their money where their mouths are I will always be sceptical.

:lol::lol:

No chance!!!

no way will Aguero come to rovers!

and we don't want maradona as manager.

we need a proven PL manager NOT a manager for venky's marketing purposes!!!

Cheslea want Aguero

http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/transfer-rumours/6213/7/chelsea-want-atletico-madrid-star-team-torres

Why don't we go for Vedad Ibisevic? villa and west brom want him

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1370925/Bosnia-striker-Vedad-Ibisevic-wanted-Midlands-duo-Aston-Villa-West-Brom.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

With the Venky's anything is possible. I still remember Balaji Rao on SkySports smiling broadly, then talking about how the Ronaldinho deal was on. However until they put their money where their mouths are I will always be sceptical.

I totally agree! we need proven players first to move us up the league and into the top 6 then add young up and coming players with the experience players we got!

Neymar would be a good player but just can't see him coming to rovers! will want to go to Cheslea and play with Luiz and Ramieris.

Archived