BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fulham v Rovers

Stuart

I don't think Rovers played bad today. The penalty was a bad call. But I think we also got away with a few as well. I thought at the time Samba in the first half was a penalty. Wasn't sure about the one just before the one they scored from as at the other end. Seeing it on match of the day, it looks a penalty to me.

For the idiots who booed Damian Duff - who sadly played very well for Fulham. Duff kissed his fingers and saluted the Rovers supporters. I was sat in that corner where it happened. It was also clear on match of the day. Duff, unlike Santa cruz etc, did not push etc a move away from Rovers. He was sold because the club wanted to do so.

I was sat there too and have to disagree with that sentiment. He made a point to come over to Rovers fans to celebrate a goal he just scored against them. If you score against your old club the general rule of thumb is to not celebrate, out of respect. What he did wasn't exactly saluting us and judging by the reaction of those around us I think you're in the minority.

• Replies 817
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was sat there too and have to disagree with that sentiment. He made a point to come over to Rovers fans to celebrate a goal he just scored against them. If you score against your old club the general rule of thumb is to not celebrate, out of respect. What he did wasn't exactly saluting us and judging by the reaction of those around us I think you're in the minority.

All he did was kiss his fingers and point them in the direction of Rovers supporters. Then he celebrated his goal. That has to be exceptable in my view.

Just heard Steve Kean's after-match and he said Givet was sent off for "aggressively running" at the referee at full-time. :unsure:

If that's the case half of our team should have been sent off at the award of the "penalty". I don't think we played that badly today to be honest and it was quite an even game against an in form Fulham side who are strong at home. Problem is it comes on the back of a few poor results and performances. Thought Mame Diouf & Roberts did very well upfront today and it was simply our inability to show Duff onto his weaker right-side that cost us both goals.

Trouble with Duff is he can cross the ball well with either foot, do you show him the line or show him inside, he is still a very good player, I would always put him on his right foot but he whipped in as couple of good crosses with his right foot too!

All he did was kiss his fingers and point them in the direction of Rovers supporters. Then he celebrated his goal. That has to be exceptable in my view.

It was unnecessary and inflammatory and he knew it. We'll have to agree to disagree on this one.

When will you join the rest of the Board? When its mathematically impossible to stay up? Or will you do a Bucky and disappear?

You're presuming to know how I feel about the situation.

I gave Kean a chance because he's the manager, whether we like it or not. I did the same for Ince, as well.

Ultimately, Venky's will do what they like with the club, and there's nothing you or I can do about it. Tbh, I'm reaching a point of ennui with it all, and the game in general. What will be, will be.

Either Kean goes or it's championship football next season. I won't be rushing back to another game all the time he's in charge. Like already mentioned Roberts & Diouf over Niko & Roque??? English league debut for Rochina at 2-2??? 86 mins gone & chasing the game, change the right back??? Take off Hoillett & move Olsson to left back...our two best players prior to those decisions??? Dont tell me Roque's back was playing up, you wouldn't bother including him in the squad if that was the case. If he was never coming on, why was he stripped down looking frustrated on the sidelines. Venkys are to blame, Steve Kean should NEVER of been given the job full time. Sam Allardyce should NEVER of been sacked. John Williams should NEVER of been forced away. I personally am gutted that the club I love is in freefall. Anyone that can see a future for our club under this current regime, take those blinkers off & get real. If we go down don't expect us to bounce back straight away.

Either Kean goes or it's championship football next season. I won't be rushing back to another game all the time he's in charge. Like already mentioned Roberts & Diouf over Niko & Roque??? English league debut for Rochina at 2-2??? 86 mins gone & chasing the game, change the right back??? Take off Hoillett & move Olsson to left back...our two best players prior to those decisions??? Dont tell me Roque's back was playing up, you wouldn't bother including him in the squad if that was the case. If he was never coming on, why was he stripped down looking frustrated on the sidelines. Venkys are to blame, Steve Kean should NEVER of been given the job full time. Sam Allardyce should NEVER of been sacked. John Williams should NEVER of been forced away. I personally am gutted that the club I love is in freefall. Anyone that can see a future for our club under this current regime, take those blinkers off & get real. If we go down don't expect us to bounce back straight away.

You can't blame the Venkys. After all they just put the money in and John Williams et al did due diligence and accepted it as the best offer at the time. It was very clear and transparent that they knew nothing about the game. it is also clear and transparent that Kentaro were pulling the strings, putting their own man in and advising on player comings and goings. After all, there is nobody else left. So Jerome, what is Plan B and what are you advising your clients about your client. For the record after recent events I feel and probably look like the end of a Venkys line. Strung up and gutted.

I'll agree the future looks a little bleak but I actually enjoyed the game today, I thought we played decent. Showed character to come back twice and were robbed by a diaboloical decision, one that goes unpunished in every game I watch. I would question Keans use of subs, I will also question why some folks on here bash Kalinic constantly but then bash the manager when he isn't played. He should have been brought on. Givet for Peds was extremely bizarre to me as was Emerton for Junior. All around though a bit more encouraged than last week but still very very concerned.

I'll agree the future looks a little bleak but I actually enjoyed the game today, I thought we played decent. Showed character to come back twice and were robbed by a diaboloical decision, one that goes unpunished in every game I watch. I would question Keans use of subs, I will also question why some folks on here bash Kalinic constantly but then bash the manager when he isn't played. He should have been brought on. Givet for Peds was extremely bizarre to me as was Emerton for Junior. All around though a bit more encouraged than last week but still very very concerned.

Emerton came on for Salgado. It was Rochina for Junior. Didnt make any sense. Killed our momentum, and threw in a 19-20 year old in the deep end of an end to end game with 9 minutes to go, playing him out of position on the right wing. Stupidity at its best.

Emerton came on for Salgado. It was Rochina for Junior. Didnt make any sense. Killed our momentum, and threw in a 19-20 year old in the deep end of an end to end game with 9 minutes to go, playing him out of position on the right wing. Stupidity at its best.

Reminiscent of Ince playing Derbyshire on the wing when his marbles went.

But how can you send somebody off, who is no longer in the game. Once substituted, his part in match is over with. Can anybody clarify the rules on this.

I was under the impression that anyone involved in the game (ie playing staff, coaches, managers etc who are anything to do with the game) can be sent off up to 30 mins before and 30 mins after the game. In other words you could still get sent off even if the game had concluded completely.

I was under the impression that anyone involved in the game (ie playing staff, coaches, managers etc who are anything to do with the game) can be sent off up to 30 mins before and 30 mins after the game. In other words you could still get sent off even if the game had concluded completely.

That dosent sound right - but strange if true.

Yea diouf got sent off after game other day. Anyway we watched it on football first last night (couldnt see a thing the game). At the end they said that givet was sent off for running in an aggressive manner!! But clattenburg was looking in the other direction, but we know for him he has eyes in back of his head after he reckoned he saw rooneys elbow!

As for game I think at 2-2 we had a bit of momentum, but taking Hoilett off did us really. I dont know why he put on a striker in midfield for last 10, I think he only touched ball once. Also bringing on emerton when we'd gone 3-2 down, surely then was time for another striker!?

This is the law as I understand it.

Jobi McAnuff, the Reading winger, was sent off after the FA Cup tie against West Bromwich Albion in 2010.

The fact that he was shown the red card during the celebrations after the final whistle seems to have puzzled many fans – if the queries I have received is anything to go by.

“When did this law come in that a player can be sent of after the game has finished?” was one of the questions.

The answer is, that it has been there as long as I can remember, but perhaps it wasn’t so noticeable.

In years gone by the referee would have had a word with the player and taken his name, now of course showing the red card draws attention to the act.

The referee’s power to punish players or to use the correct terminology, impose disciplinary sanctions, start when the referee crosses the touch line entering the field of play to start the match and finishes when he steps back over the line to leave the pitch after the final whistle.

This means for instance, a player could be sent off before the game starts if he commits an offence between the referee’s entrance on the pitch and kick-off and also as we have seen, at anytime until he leaves the pitch.

Two points worth noting. First, a player sent off before kick-off can be replaced, but only by a named substitute.

The second point is that it includes misconduct during the half time interval, even though neither the players, nor the referee is on the pitch.

Now what would happen if the offence had occurred at the end after the referee had left the field of play, perhaps a punch up in the tunnel?

The referee, providing he spotted the offence, would still be expected to take the names of the offenders and report them in the same way as for a sending-off, to the FA under which the game was played.

Whether you like Kean or not, we were mugged of a point yesterday. Clattenburg was awful. In light of Kean's situation i'd like to have seen him really tear into him.

As for the match. We did ok. Better than recent weeks for certain. Our undoing was the inability to deal with Duff. I am afraid the players need to take responsibility for that. If you're a defender then you should instinctively know how to defend. No manager needs to teach that at a one on one level. Basics.

Whether you like Kean or not, we were mugged of a point yesterday. Clattenburg was awful. In light of Kean's situation i'd like to have seen him really tear into him.

As for the match. We did ok. Better than recent weeks for certain. Our undoing was the inability to deal with Duff. I am afraid the players need to take responsibility for that. If you're a defender then you should instinctively know how to defend. No manager needs to teach that at a one on one level. Basics.

Yes, the penalty was possibly not a penalty. But you can be sure that in the first half there was a penalty on Johnson by Samba which wasnt given either. They had at least 5 appeals on different potential penalties all waved away and the one they didnt appeal the ref gave it.

When you're down, your luck is out too. Only positive is that going forward our players seem to have it in them still.

Yes, the penalty was possibly not a penalty. But you can be sure that in the first half there was a penalty on Johnson by Samba which wasnt given either. They had at least 5 appeals on different potential penalties all waved away and the one they didnt appeal the ref gave it.

When you're down, your luck is out too. Only positive is that going forward our players seem to have it in them still.

Plus the fact there is still some spirit. I'm sure to be in the minority here, but i didn't see many signs that Kean had lost the dressin room However i fully admit i'm not privy to insider info like other posters.

This is the law as I understand it.

Jobi McAnuff, the Reading winger, was sent off after the FA Cup tie against West Bromwich Albion in 2010.

The fact that he was shown the red card during the celebrations after the final whistle seems to have puzzled many fans – if the queries I have received is anything to go by.

“When did this law come in that a player can be sent of after the game has finished?” was one of the questions.

The answer is, that it has been there as long as I can remember, but perhaps it wasn’t so noticeable.

In years gone by the referee would have had a word with the player and taken his name, now of course showing the red card draws attention to the act.

The referee’s power to punish players or to use the correct terminology, impose disciplinary sanctions, start when the referee crosses the touch line entering the field of play to start the match and finishes when he steps back over the line to leave the pitch after the final whistle.

This means for instance, a player could be sent off before the game starts if he commits an offence between the referee’s entrance on the pitch and kick-off and also as we have seen, at anytime until he leaves the pitch.

Two points worth noting. First, a player sent off before kick-off can be replaced, but only by a named substitute.

The second point is that it includes misconduct during the half time interval, even though neither the players, nor the referee is on the pitch.

Now what would happen if the offence had occurred at the end after the referee had left the field of play, perhaps a punch up in the tunnel?

The referee, providing he spotted the offence, would still be expected to take the names of the offenders and report them in the same way as for a sending-off, to the FA under which the game was played.

The referee is in charge from the moment he enters the ground until the moment he leaves the ground.. Therefore, he can actually send off a player in the dressing rooms. Your comments that his powers begin when he crosses the touchline aren't right Kelbo, because players have been carded in the tunnel.

Archived