BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fulham v Rovers

Stuart

• Replies 817
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To be fair Roberts did really well to create the second goal but the substitutions were bad.

What good did it do bringing on Emerton in injury time at 3-2? And for Rochina's first game you don't want him doing defensive duties he should have been up top for Roberts or Mame.

That's one thing he did in 94 minutes. But the last sub was a farce. Niko or Roque should have been coming on.

• Moderation Lead

We were much improved today I thought. If he thought a previous decision was a penalty he shouldn't have given it, none of this evening itself out nonsense. The linesman didn't even flag. Shocking.

Clattenburg has cost us in the end though, how that's a pen is beyond me. The likes of Vidic and Ivanovic get away with that on a weekly basis, you start giving pens for that, there will be 8 or 9 a game.

Allegedly someone from BRFC was sent off after the game?

We were much improved today I thought. If he thought a previous decision was a penalty he shouldn't have given it, none of this evening itself out nonsense. The linesman didn't even flag. Shocking.

Clattenburg has cost us in the end though, how that's a pen is beyond me. The likes of Vidic and Ivanovic get away with that on a weekly basis, you start giving pens for that, there will be 8 or 9 a game.

Allegedly someone from BRFC was sent off after the game?

Givet was sent off for dissent

• Moderation Lead

Givet was sent off for dissent

Not like he had no provocation. Clattenburg needs to come out and apologise for the penalty, though I'm not holding my breath.

Disgraceful.

Robinson MUST continue to start.

Salgado's place is up for grabs.

Hanley, although today had a good game, isn't experienced enough for a relegation battle.

Samba's place is up for grabs - not good enough.

Givet sending off is horrible, it means Olsson is back at left back and MGP starts.

Hoilett is key - needs to start every game on the right wing

Jones & N'Zonzi played well.

Olsson (see Givet).

Roberts - although did well for the second goal, isnt clinical enough for a relegation battle - we need to be converting chances.

Diouf - Offers pace and not much more.

RSC has to start, experience and can finish.

Niko has to start, he's our best finisher.

• Backroom

I was particularly upset with Duff today. Came over to the Rovers fans to rub our noses in his first goal.

No need.

According to the commentators it was a show of respect to the Rovers fans. Yeah right he's the most serial badge kisser in premier league history, his letter to the telegraph was a load of rubbish

Just finished a long walk home to the other side of Fulham after the game. Absolutely gutted. Had to check with you all on here to see what the penalty was for, none of us had a clue at the game.

Echo a lot of the sentiments on here, the subs were strange. To those who thought we deserved a point, I think that's a stretch personally. Time and time and time again Fulham attacked down Duff's right flank, it took 75 odd minutes for Kean to realise and move Olsson back there. Roberts and Diouf did not work as a combination up front, neither was effective and we had Roque and Niko on the bench. Diouf plays better on the wing for me, and should have moved to the left when Olsson dropped back. N'Zonzi did next to nothing, again. Jones was better than I have seen him in the past. Rochina is damn, damn quick but today wasn't the right day for him to get his first go, not in the circumstances. Credit to the usuals (Peds, Robbo, Salgado) who came over and clapped us after what was no doubt a difficult game for them.

Thought the boys played with a lot of heart today, big improvement on last week. There were some good patches of play mixed with some aimless hoofing. Samba was very patchy and Hanley is clearly prone to mental lapses and the opposition can obviously get into his head.

Don't know where we go from here. Were there enough positive signs to give Kean and the boys some momentum? Maybe. If I'm honest I think 3-2 is better than I was expecting going down there today, but that doesn't mean we couldn't have got something more today, that Fulham side was a lot weaker than the corresponding one from last season when they spanked us.

Lastly got to agree on Jisty's comment, lost all respect for Duff when he came over to us after the first, totally classless. He used to retain some respect from Rovers fans, not any longer.

Squeaky bum time boys and girls, if it wasn't before then it's painfully obvious it is now. I've not lost all hope, but I'm not exactly confident either. Getting Nelsen and or Jones back would help the backline tremendously, let's hope Kean picks the best possible team from here on in and makes some better decisions throughout the game, particularly in terms of subs.

Oh and fantastic support from a sold out Rovers section, we may all moan on here from time to time but I think we've got some of the best supporters in the country.

It's very concerning that after we ship 4 goals in at villa the very next match we ship another 3, with an experienced manager that problem would be addressed yet we still seem to of the mind that we will outscore the other team.

The change in tactic's and the change in players that are constantly happening is alarming too, find your best team and play to its strengths, for me we should be lining up with Olsson and Junior cutting in from the wings with Roque as a lone striker with Jones sat deep protecting the back four, there doesnt seem much point in playing 2 strikers when our wingers are our main threat.

Keane looks out of his depth and getting the lads fired up chasing everything sometimes just isnt enough.

Venky's may well have just lost themselves 30+ million a year with their meddling.

• Backroom

I didn't have this game down as one we'd win anyway, but to see a point snatched away in that manner is difficult to take. It's the kind of luck that follows relegated clubs. Givet's entitled to his say, but his sending off is just another nail in our coffin.

A season that promised so much... is now going to end in celebration only if we survive.

Unless Kean goes before the next match I don't think we'll stay up. We played slightly better today but still lost and still conceded three - which is about the norm now, we love leaking goals. Exactly the issue Allardyce had fixed before the owners ruined our club.

Anything other than a win against Blackpool will spell the end for us.

Santa Cruz and Kalinic not used? :blink:

Kean has to stand up and say im not up to it, keep him on as a number 2! Wheres Mrs Desai now....it was only a month or so ago

she was bigging Kean up! It is never to late to change......apart from if you're already relegated!

Santa Cruz and Kalinic not used? :blink:

Kean has to stand up and say im not up to it, keep him on as a number 2! Wheres Mrs Desai now....it was only a month or so ago

she was bigging Kean up! It is never to late to change......apart from if you're already relegated!

we are all more or less saying same thing , kean not up to job , not a natural leader or manager , but a good coach . venkys wanted to buy a prem football team - choose their own manager , produce entertaining football , increase fan base and fill ewood on matchdays . the fact of the matter is venkys mistaken and need to be humble and admit we need changes and dialogue from them . I'm even having awefull thoughts they and kean are secret dingle fans ??? I'm so confused how this can be allowed to continue

Archived