BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Back The Team

Yes things look grim but no worse than they did at this time in the Steadinho year where we won away at Everton and home to United in a very similar run-in. Souness was doing massive changes to the line up (didn't we go to 3-5-2 or something?). The biggest difference I see this time is that we do not have a forward who looks like he can score 6 or 7 goals in the last 8 games.

:lol: Your posts get more bizzare by the day.

Why is it that during the reign of Allardyce you were one of the strongest critics of the manager, yet during the reign of Kean you're trying to make out that things aren't going so bad? I seem to remember you being one of the people who stuck up for Ince the longest too. This seems to be the exact opposite of what any right minded person should be thinking in each of these situations. Do you ever think that maybe you just don't understand football very well?

Things don't look any worse than they did in 2003-04?

Firstly, a quick look at the league tables shows that pointswise you're wrong. 4 points off the drop zone at this stage in 2003-04, 1 point off the drop zone now. If we were 4 points from the drop zone this time round, it'd mean we'd need one less win and people would be breathing considerably easier.

Secondly, form is all important at this time. It shows what shape the team is currently in, and recent games are a much better predictor of how likely they are to pick up points in the upcoming matches than games which happened under a different, more competent manager at the start of the season. 2003-04: 8 points from the previous 6 games. 2010-11: 2 points from the previous 6 games. Which one worries you more?

Thirdly, the manager. Souness might have a very chequered reputation but at Rovers he was in good managerial form, having got us promoted and won the League Cup with us. This was a place where he'd achieved success before, and he had plenty of experience as a manager to draw upon. Do you think things look equally good in the run in with Steve Kean as our manager?

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:lol: Your posts get more bizzare by the day.

Why is it that during the reign of Allardyce you were one of the strongest critics of the manager, yet during the reign of Kean you're trying to make out that things aren't going so bad? I seem to remember you being one of the people who stuck up for Ince the longest too. This seems to be the exact opposite of what any right minded person should be thinking in each of these situations. Do you ever think that maybe you just don't understand football very well?

Things don't look any worse than they did in 2003-04?

Firstly, a quick look at the league tables shows that pointswise you're wrong. 4 points off the drop zone at this stage in 2003-04, 1 point off the drop zone now. If we were 4 points from the drop zone this time round, it'd mean we'd need one less win and people would be breathing considerably easier.

Secondly, form is all important at this time. It shows what shape the team is currently in, and recent games are a much better predictor of how likely they are to pick up points in the upcoming matches than games which happened under a different, more competent manager at the start of the season. 2003-04: 8 points from the previous 6 games. 2010-11: 2 points from the previous 6 games. Which one worries you more?

Thirdly, the manager. Souness might have a very chequered reputation but at Rovers he was in good managerial form, having got us promoted and won the League Cup with us. This was a place where he'd achieved success before, and he had plenty of experience as a manager to draw upon. Do you think things look equally good in the run in with Steve Kean as our manager?

You keep posting rubbish like that and then wonder why I question your intelligence...

When I want to adopt the opinions of a boorish knob I'll let you know. In the meantime, just put me on ignore.

When I want to adopt the opinions of a boorish knob I'll let you know. In the meantime, just put me on ignore.

:lol: :lol: This little exchange sums up the fundamental difference between you and me on this board. I actually put in plenty of genuine footballing arguments in with my sideswipes. Ones that you can't really argue against, or else you would have done so just now. And yet you have the temerity to accuse me of not making a positive contribution to this board.

All it would take is for you to admit you've been wrong about pretty much everything you've written on this messageboard over the last three years or so, but you don't even have it in you do to that. Really, really sad...

Blackpool - the team with the second best away record in the country - second only to United ?

Blackpool's 5-3-8 is the seventh best record in the league. United's 4-8-3 is the fifth best incidentally. Yes Blackpool have been fairly good away overall but I think if you look at their recent record you'll find it's fairly poor, home and away.

:lol: :lol: This little exchange sums up the fundamental difference between you and me on this board. I actually put in plenty of genuine footballing arguments in with my sideswipes. Ones that you can't really argue against, or else you would have done so just now. And yet you have the temerity to accuse me of not making a positive contribution to this board.

All it would take is for you to admit you've been wrong about pretty much everything you've written on this messageboard over the last three years or so, but you don't even have it in you do to that. Really, really sad...

You're obsession with continually proving yourself 'right' and thus everyone else 'wrong' is both tiresome and immature. I, and most others, enjoy contrary views and don't come on here to argue or insult, so well done for eliciting my first one in 12 years.

You at least have confirmed my long-held view that seeing any doctor under the age of 40 is a waste of time as, by and large, they do not have the emotional intelligence and social skills to be of any use whatsoever.

Yes things look grim but no worse than they did at this time in the Steadinho year where we won away at Everton and home to United in a very similar run-in. Souness was doing massive changes to the line up (didn't we go to 3-5-2 or something?). The biggest difference I see this time is that we do not have a forward who looks like he can score 6 or 7 goals in the last 8 games.

The biggest difference is that we had a manager then.

You're obsession with continually proving yourself 'right' and thus everyone else 'wrong' is both tiresome and immature. I, and most others, enjoy contrary views and don't come on here to argue or insult, so well done for eliciting my first one in 12 years.

You at least have confirmed my long-held view that seeing any doctor under the age of 40 is a waste of time as, by and large, they do not have the emotional intelligence and social skills to be of any use whatsoever.

:lol: You're hilarious.

You've insulted me numerous times on this board, granted I've done the same to you but I don't even try and claim that was my first in twelve years :lol: :lol: You really are unbelievable.

I would say arguing points is part and parcel of this board. If someone says something and someone gives several reasons why they feel their view is wrong, the other person then counters this point and this is called debate. Debate is what this messageboard is all about.

That's exactly what I was doing in my original reply to you, granted there was a few extra bits in there but given the number of times you've come into threads of late just to deliver a swipe at me whilst contributing nothing to the actual discussion, they were entirely justified. You on the other hand added absolutely nothing to the debate and merely replied with an insult - something I have very rarely, if ever, do.

You accuse me of bringing up my profession but I only bring it up when it's vaguely relevant (ie Gav saying the other day about working with people like myself). You on the other hand seem obsessed with it and seem to bring it up at any available opportunity.

Good luck not seeing any doctors under the age of 40 - I know in this country you would barely get through the front door of the hospital without doing so. Still I doubt you actually believe that and are just saying that in a futile attempt to try and wind me up...if you truly believe it then you really are a fool.

:lol: You're hilarious.

You've insulted me numerous times on this board, granted I've done the same to you but I don't even try and claim that was my first in twelve years :lol: :lol: You really are unbelievable.

I would say arguing points is part and parcel of this board. If someone says something and someone gives several reasons why they feel their view is wrong, the other person then counters this point and this is called debate. Debate is what this messageboard is all about.

That's exactly what I was doing in my original reply to you, granted there was a few extra bits in there but given the number of times you've come into threads of late just to deliver a swipe at me whilst contributing nothing to the actual discussion, they were entirely justified. You on the other hand added absolutely nothing to the debate and merely replied with an insult - something I have very rarely, if ever, do.

You accuse me of bringing up my profession but I only bring it up when it's vaguely relevant (ie Gav saying the other day about working with people like myself). You on the other hand seem obsessed with it and seem to bring it up at any available opportunity.

Good luck not seeing any doctors under the age of 40 - I know in this country you would barely get through the front door of the hospital without doing so. Still I doubt you actually believe that and are just saying that in a futile attempt to try and wind me up...if you truly believe it then you really are a fool.

I see a lot more doctors than you might imagine and haven't seen one below professor level since 1983. I don't imagine I'll ever be seeing you.

And you insult people all the time, which I find intensely irritating as do many others - that you don't see that says more about you than I ever could.

Bye

Jesus Christ.

In one pathetic post you have outlined why a lot of reasoned and intelligent posters don't bother coming on here anymore.

Oh and just to save you responding in your usual 'self deprecating' way I'll say that I'm wrong and you're right - whatever the debate.

Jesus Christ.

In one pathetic post you have outlined why a lot of reasoned and intelligent posters don't bother coming on here anymore.

Oh and just to save you responding in your usual 'self deprecating' way I'll say that I'm wrong and you're right - whatever the debate.

There was more reasoned and intelligent footballing discussion in my original post than anything that followed.

Do you care to contribute to the footballing debate or do you just want to post something that's utterly irrelevant?

Exiled has forgotten more about Rovers than you'll ever know. I think his description of you was pretty accurate.

You say that, but I'd say replying to a post which tried to start some footballing debate with an insult and little else suggests otherwise.

I'm sure that he'd soundly beat me in a quiz on most things Rovers pre 1992 or so. But knowing about Rovers and knowing about football are two very different things.

You say that, but I'd say replying to a post which tried to start some footballing debate with an insult and little else suggests otherwise.

I'm sure that he'd soundly beat me in a quiz on most things Rovers pre 1992 or so. But knowing about Rovers and knowing about football are two very different things.

Tony--do yourself a favour. Have a rest and calm down over the next few days. EIT has sucked you right in as he does.

Doesn't matter who's wrong or right in the cold light of day.

There was more reasoned and intelligent footballing discussion in my original post than anything that followed.

Do you care to contribute to the footballing debate or do you just want to post something that's utterly irrelevant?

So by saying 'you wonder why I question your intelligence when you post such rubbish' in response to an alternative point of view is reasoned and intelligent now is it?

I'd rather not debate anything with you to be honest.

So by saying 'you wonder why I question your intelligence when you post such rubbish' in response to an alternative point of view is reasoned and intelligent now is it?

I'd rather not debate anything with you to be honest.

It's a fairly reasoned response when it's backed up with numerous footballing reasons why I feel his viewpoint is so ridiculous. Had I just posted that on its own, much the same way that EiT called me a "boorish knob" on its own, then no, it wouldn't have been a reasoned or an intelligent viewpoint.

You can't really see the wood for the trees...

It's a fairly reasoned response when it's backed up with numerous footballing reasons why I feel his viewpoint is so ridiculous. Had I just posted that on its own, much the same way that EiT called me a "boorish knob" on its own, then no, it wouldn't have been a reasoned or an intelligent viewpoint.

You can't really see the wood for the trees...

So you admit that you started it with a needless dig at someone's intelligence?

You got to expect to be called a 'boorish knob' then.

BTW, take away that 'needless' comment from your original post and the points made were good ones.

So you admit that you started it with a needless dig at someone's intelligence?

You got to expect to be called a 'boorish knob' then.

BTW, take away that 'needless' comment from your original post and the points made were good ones.

It was in response to needless digs which were made by him in another thread in a discussion which didn't involve him. Granted I'm sure I'd made some a few weeks previously before I'd been away on holiday, but either way, one of us was trying to engage in footballing discussion and another one wasn't.

• Backroom

Can't blame some of the folk being driven away when any number of topics start revolving around people's egos and petty squabbles.

Very few are ruining things for many.

I think that 'tony gale's mic' is a good read with reasoned points and helps keep this MB interesting and 'alive'.

Sometimes a tad too cutting with individuals, as are others on this MB, but you take the rough with the smooth.

Archived