BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Keith Andrews => ?

Pete1981

Loves Andrews, does Roy.

Why were we making Andrews wait earlier if it was a free transfer? :blink:

At a guess, we were trying to hold out for a fee, then when we realised we weren't going to get one, just let him go anyway because that made the most sense.

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What I don't understand is why we couldn't get a fee for Andrews, he scored about 8 goals from midfield in the championship, why are we giving all our players away? (I know its to save wages) We paid £1m+ when we bought him from League One, surely he's worth more now he's an International??

Guest TheArtistFormallyKnownAsJB

Simple answer. Ridiculous wage bill.

Slightly longer answer;

It's not just rovers trying to keep costs down. Hence why we paid the same "nominal" few for Orr.

What I don't understand is why we couldn't get a fee for Andrews, he scored about 8 goals from midfield in the championship, why are we giving all our players away? (I know its to save wages) We paid £1m+ when we bought him from League One, surely he's worth more now he's an International??

West Brom have only taken him on a six month contract, they wouldn't want to pay a fee for someone on that length of contract. He turns 32 this year as well.

I think the biggest issue though is that John Williams handed him an improved contract after 12 months at the club. This contract obviously put him on far more money than he should have been on, meaning he became financially unattractive to most clubs. If he'd been on reasonable wages then clubs probably would have been happy to pay a fee.

Good Luck, Keith Andrews. Though why WBA have taken you (you have been absolute rubbish here at Rovers; allegedly) is anybody's guess.

It must be that Roy Hodgson knows nowt about football and footballers.dry.gif

West Brom have only taken him on a six month contract, they wouldn't want to pay a fee for someone on that length of contract. He turns 32 this year as well.

I think the biggest issue though is that John Williams handed him an improved contract after 12 months at the club. This contract obviously put him on far more money than he should have been on, meaning he became financially unattractive to most clubs. If he'd been on reasonable wages then clubs probably would have been happy to pay a fee.

Agreed. Without doubt it is one of the worst contract extensions in recent years. It was ridiculous and unwarranted.

The trouble with this logic is that we are prepared to stick Samba in the reserves (who is surely on a lot more money) yet we have to GIVE Andrews away because of the wage bill burden? We should have stuck Andrews in the reserves or sent him off on loan to the Championship rather than do that.

Not good enough for us but scored 8 goals in the Championship, surely worth 200-500k. Threaten him with reserve football - which would damage his Euro 12 ambitions - and he'd surely have dropped those wages demands.

Agent Andrews, you are saying just the right kind of trash talk in the media. I think you are assimilating well. Stay in radio silence for next two games, own goals will be needed at the end of the month. Plenty of pointing works well to disguise midfield mastery and you will get away with that approach for at least a month or so. Further instructions to follow. Good luck with the mission Agent.

Radio Lancs played an interview with Andrews before the Arsenal game.

He said he got told last summer that he would never play for Blackburn again. Then when he came back from his loan spell at Ipswich in January he was offered a new contract with the Rovers :blink:

Keith the only former Venky employee to have the balls to speak out against the current regime when he leaves. Guys deserves a big applause when he comes back to Ewood. Keith comes across as a fairly switched on, intelligent guy in his interviews as well. Wish more Ex employees had the balls to tell it like it is instead of just pocket their Venky pay off. Just goes to show must of our former guys under the Venky regine have no self worth. Andrews does.

• Backroom
‘They had seen me scoring goals in the Championship and they wanted me back in the team. Whether they thought the Championship was a higher division than the Premier League, I’m not too sure.’

:lol: ironic that one of the most maligned players of recent years is the only one thus far to have the guts and/or not take a bung for his silence to tell it like it is and confirm the fans have every right to protest.

Archived