BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Keisuke Honda.

BRFC_Pilkz

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He is worth what people will pay - and it does seem strange that he is available for relatively little cash. Not quite convinced of the accuracy of this one.

Unless its the brothers marquee signing we’ve all been hearing about, this just won't happen, the deal would be in excess of 20m including wages, and we’re skint people.

• Backroom

We weren't able to sign Pavone on a free... I don't see how the Honda deal can go through when we apparently have nothing to spend. Unless the cash is coming out of the Raos own pockets, but is Honda a big enough name for them to dip into their personal stash to acquire? I would very much doubt it.

He is by far the number one player in asia at the moment so yeah think he would qualify as being a big enough name,just another pr stunt in my opinion, venky's bid for players knowing their pathetic excuse for a bid will get turned down an example 4 million bid for Witsel.the asia cup will no doubt show how small and lacking in quality our squad is.Honda is the kind of player that can win games on his own.

• Backroom

I also think there is no real threat of him ever coming here, none at all. I think the owners know that which is why it's safe to show an interest.

I also think there is no real threat of him ever coming here, none at all. I think the owners know that which is why it's safe to show an interest.

I agree, we may as well go and make a bid for Messi to 'show our intenions'. Doesn't mean it will ever happen. Exactly what happened with the (apparent) Ronaldinho bid

I agree, we may as well go and make a bid for Messi to 'show our intenions'. Doesn't mean it will ever happen. Exactly what happened with the (apparent) Ronaldinho bid

I fear you are right - however in this case there are no direct qoutes from our owners or the club that we are after Honda. Interestingly - if they pulled it off and unveiled him at the Asia Cup - not only would they gain loads of coverage for Venky's - they might actually START to win over the fans and the media.

At this point I wake up - but as footie fans it is all about dreams isn't it.

I fear you are right - however in this case there are no direct qoutes from our owners or the club that we are after Honda. Interestingly - if they pulled it off and unveiled him at the Asia Cup - not only would they gain loads of coverage for Venky's - they might actually START to win over the fans and the media.

At this point I wake up - but as footie fans it is all about dreams isn't it.

Currently at rovers it's more about nightmares!

No idea if there is anything at all in this, and indeed the owners may not be at fault for the link, but Honda is more the sort of calibre of player we need, not the likes of James McFadden and Benjani. Plus he would tie in with the owners previously stated ambition of raising the Club's profile overseas.

Interesting to see some fans are of the view that we're only being linked with players we know we can't possibly get as a publicity stunt. Until some new faces actually land the owners will have to put up with that but even if it's the case I guess it's not really any different to a summerlong pursuit of a "mystery striker" which dissolves into nothingness or "keeping the (non-existent) powder dry".

To be honest, i don't think there is any interest from Rovers regarding Honda.

The trouble is, if and when he doesn't sign, the usual suspects will rant and rave about the owners being, incompetent, liars, paupers etc.

Lots of juveniles and people who are on the 'not too bright' list methinks. <_<

Where has Steve Kean refuted any of the transfer rumours in this window?

Can you imagine?

We aren't interested in:

Honda

Barton

Adriano

Aurier

Mongongu

Defoe

Crouch

Keane

Reo Coker

Carew

Upson

Johnson

Dann

Ferguson

Witsel

Vucinic

Etc

Can you imagine?

We aren't interested in:

Honda

Barton

Adriano

Aurier

Mongongu

Defoe

Crouch

Keane

Reo Coker

Carew

Upson

Johnson

Dann

Ferguson

Witsel

Vucinic

Etc

Worked for other managers, and kept the fans informed. Besides which, I'm talking about the bigger names like Honda, Defoe, etc. Not Mongongu and Carew. At least when we were linked to Crouch, Allardyce came out and said that we couldn't afford him.

Can you imagine?

We aren't interested in:

Honda

Barton

Adriano

Aurier

Mongongu

Defoe

Crouch

Keane

Reo Coker

Carew