BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Radosav Petrovic

just cant get excited about a guy who has played his whole career in his homeland, how do we know he isnt going to become another kalanic? these guys always look good in substandard leagues and as soon as they come to a big league, they look ordinary. Dont expect me to do cartwheels but hes a decent signing, no more.

• Replies 537
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are 3 x 10 minute videos named "Radosav Petrovic Highlites" over on shroomssoft's Channel. Pretty good videos to be honest, a lot of variation in the highlights, better than just seeing his top 10 goals haha.

He looks a lot more box to box than Jones. Something we have been missing for a while, his first touch is also pretty amazing in these videos.

Fingers crossed. Vitesse fans are still posting on these videos welcoming him (one posted a couple of hours ago) :wacko:

He looks a lot more box to box than Jones.

If he's more box-to-box than Jones I'd be both amazed and delighted. JJ had incredible energy.

Seems he's been watched by some of Europes biggest clubs (and Spurs) in the past.

http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/football/852494-radosav-petrovic-attracting-interest-from-spurs-and-manchester-united

He wont be allowed to turn the way he does in the prem though, can pick a pass though!!

No, he wont get as much room. Can he play under pressure from the opposition? Sounds like we're going to find out.

He certainly fits the venkys model, promising youngster for a smallish fee.

Lets hope he makes the grade, may I suggest English lessons, if he can’t speak English that is.

Guest Rovers4Good

Fee agreed and personal terms to follow so it looks like this could be the start of our transfer revolution. lol :)

Does anybody know if he's actually arrived in Blackburn or Brockhall yet? He was reported by Sava in the LT letters this morning as being in Manchester. This was about 2 hrs ago.

As for will he be an adequate replacement for JJ.......only time will tell, but I am feeling optimistic (as ever ;) )

He does sound exactly like what we need in our midfield, so kudos on whoever discovered him as a potential target.

It's important not to raise expectations too highly though. Nenad Milijaš at Wolves is a perfect example of why. He scored 37 goals in 97 games from midfield for Red Star Belgrade. Hasn't quite adapted to the PL since coming over though.

just cant get excited about a guy who has played his whole career in his homeland, how do we know he isnt going to become another kalanic? these guys always look good in substandard leagues and as soon as they come to a big league, they look ordinary. Dont expect me to do cartwheels but hes a decent signing, no more.

He is only 22 let's not forget, though I can understand why you would not get too excited about yet another unproven foreign player.

He is only 22 let's not forget, though I can understand why you would not get too excited about yet another unproven foreign player.

Quite a few games for the Serbian national side as well; 18 I think it was. Not bad going for a 22 year old. Couldn't say how he performed in these games though (or whether it's correct information...wiki disease).

Petrovic started one game in the world cup 2010 for Serbia and he was the best player that game I remember. A very good central midfelder. He scores alot with his head and can shoot despite being 1,93 cm! A tall guy! I think there were top clubs interested in Italy but he seems to like the Premier League.

Archived