BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] 29th October - Norwich Preview

colin

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If we play like we did against Spurs we have a great chance at winning this.

If no one is injured exactly the same team should play. Even Roberts should probably keep his place as he held up the ball well, though Yak looked more likely to score. Olsson and Lowe on the flanks made us look much less vulnerable (quite something to say when they were up against Bale and Lennon) and Nzonzi was commanding in the middle.

The suspicion however on Kean's previous form is that we will have a poor game and lose this one also.

Even Roberts should probably keep his place as he held up the ball well, though Yak looked more likely to score.

I'd definitely start Yak because he's excellent at holding the ball up.

Roberts has always been at his most effective coming from the bench, that's going to be even more true now that he's approaching his 34th birthday.

I'd possibly consider leaving Formica on the bench as well. He's fairly anonymous in that position, I don't think we can play him there away from home until he starts getting more involved in general play. I'd be tempted to go with Dunn if he's fit.

Roberts has always been at his most effective coming from the bench, that's going to be even more true now that he's approaching his 34th birthday.

I'd possibly consider leaving Formica on the bench as well. He's fairly anonymous in that position, I don't think we can play him there away from home until he starts getting more involved in general play. I'd be tempted to go with Dunn if he's fit.

:lol: Good one!

Kean is probably due his next lucky win anytime soon to keep him in the job for another 3 months, so for that reason i think we'll win 3-2.

Hum Roberts/Yak can go either way. Though I was very impressed with his hold up play against Spurs. As for Formica agree that he is pretty anonymous, however he did score a goal so for me that means he should start. Dunn can come on from the bench.

Anyone advise the away pub for Norwich, never been before looking forward to it and supporting the team

I've been told its directly oppoisite a travel lodge? Is anyone staying over in Norwich Saturday night, off out for some beers post match watch the dingles get beat by the pool?

If we lose this game then Kean has to go, no excuses.

I think we have found our best team now and should stick with it. I will be interested to see if Kean does play the best team.

--------Robinson---------

Lowe-Samba-Givet-Olsson--

----N'zonzi--Pedersen----

-Rochina-Formica-Hoilett-

--------Yakubu-----------

It sounded like Pedersen had another good game against Newcastle. I watched him against Spurs and he was just so impressive, his passing was absolutely sublime and much improved set pieces.

Anyone advise the away pub for Norwich, never been before looking forward to it and supporting the team

I've been told its directly oppoisite a travel lodge? Is anyone staying over in Norwich Saturday night, off out for some beers post match watch the dingles get beat by the pool?

See this retro-tastic guide I wrote back in 2002 http://web.archive.org/web/20030223043403/http://www.awayguide.net/cgi-bin/ikonboard/topic.cgi?forum=1&topic=33

Personally I always like the coach and horses (proper beer). The food at the Dragon's Cave was great (very very long, thin pub), but more people seemed to go to the Complete Angler.

I seem to remember for the night time (a load of us are staying over this time) that both the water front and city centre are a good bet.

On the day I'll be updating a thread on here, letting people know where to find us (and hopefully the VB boys too).

Huge game for Rovers. I fully expect Norwich to be in the relegation shake up come the end of the season, if Rovers lose then I think we will be 10 points behind them, that is a heck of a points differential to make up.

I would go with Yakubu up front, he is a goal scorer and offers so much more than Roberts who frankly is a liability at the moment.

This will be our third game in six days and all our key players have participated in all three (Samba, Givet, Olsson, Pedersen, & Hoilett).

Norwich have had an uninterrupted week to get ready for this and will be confident and fresh.

Funnily enough, I always think we will get a goal now but the problem is we are conceding too many.

Therefore, going for Norwich either 3-1 or 2-1.

I think we have found our best team now and should stick with it. I will be interested to see if Kean does play the best team.

--------Robinson---------

Lowe-Samba-Givet-Olsson--

----N'zonzi--Pedersen----

-Rochina-Formica-Hoilett-

--------Yakubu-----------

That is exactly the starting 11 I would choose.

We have to win this!

I'd say it'll be 2-1 to Norwich. I think out of the 3 promoted teams they are the strongest of the bunch. They have a very sensible manager who has his team well drilled. I'd be very wary of Grant Holt in this game. Samba will have his hands full in the air with that guy!

I'd say it'll be 2-1 to Norwich. I think out of the 3 promoted teams they are the strongest of the bunch. They have a very sensible manager who has his team well drilled. I'd be very wary of Grant Holt in this game. Samba will have his hands full in the air with that guy!

:rover: All Kean has to do is set up a solid eight outfield players, give Hoilett a free role, and put the Yak up top just to keep knocking in Juniors passes - and watch what a simple game it is!

The message has to be, dont hurry when you are shooting, just relax, be assured, be in control and just do the job oh and enjoy.

:rover:

Archived