BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] 29th October - Norwich Preview

colin

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LETS SEE WHAT THE LADS COME UP WITH TODAY PLAYED VERY WELL V SPURS AND WHAT a game on wed v ncastle the players have got there buzz back could be the new no 2 mr clement keep it goin boyz ,one true love brfc get behind the team and remember were in the last 8 of the cup draw this morn come u blues

Of course with lots of looking in the mirror and pats in the back for giving it all.

:lol: Indeed!

We really,really need to get something out of this. I wish I could feel as optimistic as some in this thread, but all I can sense is doom and gloom. Fingers crossed the nagging feeling in the pit of my stomach is just the residual effect of last nights makju and galbi.

GET THE BALL TO JUNIOR. He is our matchwinner; the best defences in the league can't handle him, let alone Norwich.

For some reason second half vs Spurs he didn't get a touch and we looked a lot less threatening.

I think we'll win today

yeah.....honestly starting to see things from an un biased perspective with mr kean killing all ambitions and any enjoyment, Robbo has been a long way off his best and if i supported another team probably would'nt rate him too highly right now and the other two i probably would'nt give a monkeys about as every club has similar players.

Olsson is one of our only positives right now for me. I said on the other thread, but I love how the guy plays, he gives 110% and has skill and a bit of class to go with it. We'll be lucky to hold onto him past January/Summer with this numpty in charge.

After the last cupmatch, when we won and were on a high - we went on losing 0-1 at home against Everton, so I dont really think Kean is able to get a back to back win, as he has never done it before (correct me if im wrong). EDIT: Seems like he did it home against Arsenal and then Leyton Orient :P

We lost 3-1 away at Villa, we lost 3-1 away at Toon - so Im going to go for 2-1 loss away today Im afraid :mellow:

But hoping for a 2-0 win, with Samba and Junior as the goalscorers!

Olsson is one of our only positives right now for me. I said on the other thread, but I love how the guy plays, he gives 110% and has skill and a bit of class to go with it. We'll be lucky to hold onto him past January/Summer with this numpty in charge.

Yak up front with Olsson, Junior and Rochina behind. Bags of pace on the break :o

*** STAT ATTACK ***

We have an astonishing record against newly promoted teams since we came back up to the Prem.

Since 2002/03 season our record against newly promoted clubs is P54 W30 D17 L7 (not including this season)

We really need to keep that run going to get some more points soon.

I'm not confident I'm afraid.

Rovers score first.

02/03 Man City 1-0, 2-2, WBA 1-1,2-0, Birmingham 1-1,1-0

03/04 Portsmouth 1-2,2-1, Leicester 1-0,0-2, Wolves 5-1, 2-2

04/05 Norwich 3-0,1-1, WBA 1-1,1-1, Palace 1-0, 0-0

05/06 Sunderland 2-0,1-0 Wigan 1-1,3-0, West Ham 3-2,1-3

06/07 Reading 3-3,2-1 Sheff Utd 2-1,0-0, Watford 3-1,1-2

07/08 Sunderland 1-0,2-1 Birmingham 2-1,1-4 Derby 3-1,2-1

08/09 WBA 0-0,2-2 Stoke 3-0,0-1 Hull 1-1,2-1

09/10 Wolves 3-1,1-1 Birmingham 2-1,1-2 Bur*ley 3-2, 1-0

10/11 Newcastle 0-0,2-1 WBA 2-0,3-1 Blackpool 2-2,2-1

We'll win tomorrow 3-1 courtesy of a Roberts perfect hatrick. One off his left shin, one of his right and a bullet shoulder for the third :brfcsmilie:

Brilliant, WWWM! :D

I bet one of them will come from when he's trying to trap the ball!

Kean's presser after the game........."we were on a high after that tremendous win the other night against Newcastle and we were confident of taking our great recent form into this match.

We more than matched Norwich for 70 minutes but in the end the effects of playing that mid-week game and going into extra time told on the players. We simply ran out of steam while Norwich had fresh legs.

I'm proud of my team, they gave me everything as they always do. We'll have to pick ourselves up, get it right on the training field and get back to the form we showed against Arsenal and Newcastle.

Relegation? I'm not even thinking of it. We'll get out of this just like we did last season."

There's a stupid grin that goes with it of course but you'll have to imagine that!

Kean's presser after the game........."we were on a high after that tremendous win the other night against Newcastle and we were confident of taking our great recent form into this match.

We more than matched Norwich for 70 minutes but in the end the effects of playing that mid-week game and going into extra time told on the players. We simply ran out of steam while Norwich had fresh legs.

I'm proud of my team, they gave me everything as they always do. We'll have to pick ourselves up, get it right on the training field and get back to the form we showed against Arsenal and Newcastle.

Relegation? I'm not even thinking of it. We'll get out of this just like we did last season."

There's a stupid grin that goes with it of course but you'll have to imagine that!

Also don't forget " When the Norwich goal went in, I heard a rovers supporter quietly say "oh Bloody hell", this affected the players, If the supporters are unhappy with me say so but don't take it out on the players, Ive spoke to the owners tonight and they back me 156%"

Now let's see...Gamst, Yak, Rochina, Givet and Formica have scored in the last two matches so they'll probably be on the bench or not in the squad. Betting The Evil Baldy will start with Roberts, Salgado (if back from injury), Petrovic and some unknown player from the academy (could be a good thing but probably not...).

On a more serious note I feel that normally this is a fixture we should be looking to get at least 1 point if not 3, but since we need to score at least 4 to win all Norwich have to do is be diciplined in defence and patient going forward and they will score. Got a feeling the midweek win will come back to bite us in the @ss.

According to Cryer, Dunn has travelled.

Feckin good work if you can get it - Dunn fit for the first time in 9 weeks since limping off against Everton.

I'll stick with my original predicted loss, either 2-1 or 3-1.

Feckin good work if you can get it .

This I found very amusing.

If that is the team then I'm confident. TBH I think that is a very strong side if everyone pulls there weight. Rochina needs to care of possession. Olsson and Hoilett up the left is terrifying for anyone. MGP needs to win that other centre mid spot. Formica needs to get involved today,but he has excellent technique if a chance falls to him.

I think we'll win today

Archived