BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] STOKE away

Holy crap.

IF Samba starts faking injuries in the end of November based on speculations about a potential move to Liverpool in January Ill punch the big man.

Get this straight. No one is suggesting that he's faking injury.

Many decisions are 50/50 and left down to how the player feels. If the player has any doubt in his mind about the injury and knows there could be a move just down the line, which way do you think his thinking goes ? It's not rocket science but human nature and most people would do exactly the same !!!

• Replies 778
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My team for the day:

Robbo

Hanley Dann Givet MGP

Vuckevic N'zonzi Lowe Hoillet

Roberts Yakubu

Couple of gambles as I'm sure you'll see but we need fighters in the middle and have no full-backs. I want Roberts to start he'll work hard and cause them physical problems and in Huth and Upson they have two strong centre backs. MGP is a complete gamble, but he works hard and has a left foot and a bit more pace than Givet, hopefully he can get some crosses in as well. Lowe in the middle he's done alright so far and it's his preferred position and he'll throw in some tackles. Henley is a strong young player and did alright once on against Wigan so let him stay there, fingers crossed. I want Givet at CB he's not the best full back but is twice the player Hanley is at present and I worry about him and Dann together against Crouch and 'La pick pocket'.

I honestly can't believe the side I have chosen but it just shows how weak we are.

Pedersen would get murdered at left back - can't tackle, won't tackle. Look at last week - Wigan's first goal was an easy shot for Gomez because Peds failed to close him down, and there were at least 2 other occasions where he did the same resulting in shots that could have been avoided. Lowe and N'Zonzi are our best two centre mids at present, but we need Lowe at RB because Salgado's legs have gone. I would pick Grella and Dunn above Pedersen (obviously Dunn not available tomorrow though and Grella will be injured for a change ;) ) and tell them to sit in front of the back four. Neither N'Zonzi or Peds are capable of that, and we need to shield our defence.

We desperately need two decent full-backs in the transfer window, above all else as that's where we are weakest IMO.

Sounds like more of the Wigan tactics to me.

What I meant by this, was that Kean still seems to think the way forward is to outpass and outscore other teams.

In my opinion, because of our need for wins we simply must focus on clean sheets. The best chances of wins, are by keeping a clean defensive scoresheet. As long as we keep conceding at the rate we have been doing, those wins wont be forthcoming.

Just wonder how the lying little weasel will wriggle his way out of what will be direct abuse from travelling supporters. The position of away supporters directly above the tunnel and the walk from the dugout along the side of the pitch at the Britannia stadium means he will not be able to slither away and hide in the changing rooms after the game. He will have to walk towards what I expect will be a furious mob of Rovers supporters who will be distraught after another defeat against one of the Premier League's out of form teams. No doubt he will antagonise us further by showing his cocky smirk and doing his clenched fist routine. The man is an utter disgrace. A complete embarrassment to BRFC and everyone associated with the club (except the Indian liars).

Just wonder how the lying little weasel will wriggle his way out of what will be direct abuse from travelling supporters. The position of away supporters directly above the tunnel and the walk from the dugout along the side of the pitch at the Britannia stadium means he will not be able to slither away and hide in the changing rooms after the game. He will have to walk towards what I expect will be a furious mob of Rovers supporters who will be distraught after another defeat against one of the Premier League's out of form teams. No doubt he will antagonise us further by showing his cocky smirk and doing his clenched fist routine. The man is an utter disgrace. A complete embarrassment to BRFC and everyone associated with the club (except the Indian liars).

Our allocation was about 1,400 - anyone know how many we've sold ?

I will be one of them

Just checked, we have sold 384 tickets and they guy has tweeted it is one of the lowest sales for away games that he can remember

I will be one of them

Just checked, we have sold 384 tickets and they guy has tweeted it is one of the lowest sales for away games that he can remember

Hope you make your feelings known !

I bet Kean's relieved - 400 can't make as much noise as the 4,000 @ Wigan !

Pedersen would get murdered at left back - can't tackle, won't tackle. Look at last week - Wigan's first goal was an easy shot for Gomez because Peds failed to close him down, and there were at least 2 other occasions where he did the same resulting in shots that could have been avoided. Lowe and N'Zonzi are our best two centre mids at present, but we need Lowe at RB because Salgado's legs have gone. I would pick Grella and Dunn above Pedersen (obviously Dunn not available tomorrow though and Grella will be injured for a change ;) ) and tell them to sit in front of the back four. Neither N'Zonzi or Peds are capable of that, and we need to shield our defence.

We desperately need two decent full-backs in the transfer window, above all else as that's where we are weakest IMO.

Ped's tracks back and helps out, he's not as bad as some think. Although the rest of your post seems to offer answers it doesn't really as all your left with is playing MGP in front of the defence and you've slatted him there.

So what would you do?

No Samba means we'll get battered, I haven't seen Dann do any sort of 'proper' defending as of yet, and doesn't seem to have the stature mature Stoke's style. Givet can do this but he'll have to play left back in Olsson's absence.

It seems a pretty nailed on line up for me:

Robinson

Lowe Dann Hanley Givet

N'Zonzi Pedersen

Rochina Formica Hoilett

Yakubu

If we want to firm things up a little we could play Salgado (if fit) and move Lowe into the middle instead of Formica, moving to a more conventional 4-3-3. I think Hoilett/Rochina/Yakubu seemed to cope fine without having anyone 'in the hole' went Dunn went off. This is easily one of those games that could pass Formica by.

Archived