BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] STOKE away

• Backroom

Urgh I was hoping Delap and Crouch were out, even less confident now.

It's funny I've been watching Sky Sports this morning and they are advertising tomorrows football and the Carling cup games featuring the big teams but nothing about today.

Can't say I blame them to be honest.

• Replies 778
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Sky pundits still don't understand it, no mention of the results to date under Kean, all about how the players are behind him and minority don't want him as manager.

Some interesting stories are circulating about side payments keeping some of them sweet.

Stoke are bound to turn their poor form around sometime as they are a solid and very organised side (the complete opposite of Rovers). Rovers are conceding two goals per game and need 3 to draw/win. I just can't see us putting 3 goals past Stoke no matter how poor their current form is.

3-0 Stoke. Crouch with two and Walters with the other.

Rovers: Robinson, Lowe, Hanley, Dann, Givet, Rochina, Nzonzi, Pedersen, Hoilett, Formica, Yakubu.

This choice of subs for Rovers is scary

Subs: Bunn, Petrovic, Blackman, Goodwillie, Vukcevic, Roberts, Henley.

Scary for us, not Stoke. Includes three chronic non-scoring forwards.

Who is Kean going to chuck in with the regulation reirement of Rochina in the 70th minute?

BBC again-

1232: So we've got our teams for the early kick-off. Anything standing out for you? I think Peter Crouch might get some joy out of that Blackburn back-line, not least because of his unique height, but also because Blackburn's back-line are quite accomodating at the best of times. I suspect young Grant Hanley is in for a tough afternoon for the visitors.

I wonder if that nice Mr Pulis has noticed?

Rovers: Robinson, Lowe, Hanley, Dann, Givet, Rochina, Nzonzi, Pedersen, Hoilett, Formica, Yakubu.

This choice of subs for Rovers is scary

Subs: Bunn, Petrovic, Blackman, Goodwillie, Vukcevic, Roberts, Henley.

Scary for us, not Stoke. Includes three chronic non-scoring forwards.

Who is Kean going to chuck in with the regulation reirement of Rochina in the 70th minute?

BBC again-

1232: So we've got our teams for the early kick-off. Anything standing out for you? I think Peter Crouch might get some joy out of that Blackburn back-line, not least because of his unique height, but also because Blackburn's back-line are quite accomodating at the best of times. I suspect young Grant Hanley is in for a tough afternoon for the visitors.

I wonder if that nice Mr Pulis has noticed?

That bench is seriously scarey.

Kean on Sky, 'we'll continue to pick up points in the road' WHAT ?

He always twists the truth the way he wants. And the owners reads the quotes and think: "Yep, he's the right man. He is a good thinker and a positive man". I'm about to throw up!!

My guess here would be Walters giving us a real thumping. Rovers'll concentrate so fully on the aerial threats that he'll be free to run around unchallenged for most of the match... Like I said to someone when 3-1 up at Norwich: "We need one more before I have any faith in winning." I still feel that way, and don't think we'll get 4 against Stoke, so 3-1 to Stoke.

Kean Post Match, 'Even though we were beat 4-0 their is positives to take, we entered their half 3 times, had one shot that reached row Z and had a passing completion rate of 38%. All these positives can be worked on in training. But you've got to remember we have all these key players out injured...

Archived