BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] STOKE away

Crouch and Delap both doubtful.

2-0 Stoke but how close we came to taking three points. Tosser!.

"I think we lost trying to win the game"

"We showed real togetherness out there"

"Ive been round the village and its all positve, people saying carry on its the best we've played in years"

• Replies 778
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He did do alright against Wigan, Etheringtons a decent enough player and since he did well Henley should keep his place. We desperately need some steel in midfield, so hopefully Lowe can provide that.

Everytime I've seen Lowe play in midfield – either for England or the reserves – he's looked completely out of place. The game has passed him by every time. He's much better at RB.

'we were unlucky, we got in their box 2300 times whilst they only got in our box 7 times and scored 7 so it showed we had more chances, the owners are fully behind me so is jason roberts (literally), the owners have said i am a very nice man, a very very nice man and they gave me a box of quality street to prove it, the fans are only a minority, the fans i meet in the streets usually cross the road to the other side when im walking down which shows that they care enough not to crowd me, one fan even gave me a doughnut the other day which was nice'.

If you look at our record so far this season it dosent bode well:

P 12 W 1 D 4 L 7 F 16 A 27 GD -11 PTS 7

If you apply that record to the remaining 2/3 of the season it is scary stuff.

We would end up with a massive 21 points. I know teams fair better in different parts of the season but I dont see where we will get points with our current situation.

The damage looks to be well and truly done. Makes me sick knowing we cant do a bloody thing about it.

I think today will be a high scoring game. Hopefully we can get something.

We need a big performance from Junior today!

COYB!!

It's probably the best ever time to play Stoke and if we'd even a half decent team and manager we'd get something today. Trouble is we haven't got either. Come on Rovers, prove me wrong !

Wigan had lost their last 9 games, what happened there?

Should we play Petrovic to help with the ariel bombardment?? Would his height help or would the game just pass him by?? I am not a fan of his but i dont think he can do any worse than those that played in the middle at wigan??

Does he ever head it? I honestly haven't seen it! Height is wasted on that guy.

I think we have a chance of something today, despite half our first choice defence likely missing. Hopefully Stoke will be fielding a weakened team too. I predict a few goals and, in all honesty, I would take a draw, get our defenders fit and look to a big win next week.

COYB!

My prediction is an early Stoke goal from soft defending, followed by us having lots of posession but doing nothing with it. Start of 2nd half Stoke score again from another soft goal. Then either we score a goal and they do too, or it finishes without another goal. Kean then talks about individual errors, and how we played so well and how unlucky we are.

So either 2-0 or 3-1.

From the beeb

1206: The game at the Britannia is being refereed by Mark Halsey, which leads me into my first fact of the day: Stoke are unbeaten in Premier League games refereed by Halsey, while Blackburn have lost the last four of their matches that the official has overseen. Saying that, Blackburn haven't won many matches officiated by anyone of late.

Stoke v Blackburn

1203: STOKE v BLACKBURN (1245)

Sam Lyon reports: "While a record of six wins in 33 league games would, you imagine, get many football managers the sack, at Blackburn it's got Steve Kean a new contract. Generosity in the extreme from owners Venky's - though it's not gone down particularly well with Rovers fans who are planning another protest against the manager today. Stoke, in the midst of their worst ever start to a Premier League season, may sniff a chance to get back to winning ways today, then. I, considering the porous defences boasted by both of these sides, sniff goals."

Archived