BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] STOKE away

I didn't believe the Hoilett nonsense last season and Im not about to start believing in Samba faking injuries now. Olsson being out is almost as big a blow as Givet may well have to go and play left back again. Could sneak a draw but Im not optimistic. Stoke's form is indifferent but we're not well organised enough at the back to keep them out for long. Rochina/Hoilett/Yakubu will need to score 2/3 for us to get anything I fear.

• Replies 778
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The thought of a back line consisting of Lowe (or Salgado) Hanley Dann Givet is scary! I watched Stoke against Newcastle a few weeks back and they were terrible almost embarrassing with the way they couldn't adjust their tactics when the hoof into the box approach didn't work. The only way we can do anything in this game is not allow them to score first BUT we will concede in the first 15 mins and they will have one of the easiest games of the season ... The nightmare rolls on!

For those who think backing the team and avoiding protest against Swansea...

By the time we play that game it will be December and we will have 1 win.

Say that again, it will be December and we will have 1 win.

December! 1 Win! Get it.

It will be December and we will have 1 win.

My team for the day:

Robbo

Hanley Dann Givet MGP

Vuckevic N'zonzi Lowe Hoillet

Roberts Yakubu

Couple of gambles as I'm sure you'll see but we need fighters in the middle and have no full-backs. I want Roberts to start he'll work hard and cause them physical problems and in Huth and Upson they have two strong centre backs. MGP is a complete gamble, but he works hard and has a left foot and a bit more pace than Givet, hopefully he can get some crosses in as well. Lowe in the middle he's done alright so far and it's his preferred position and he'll throw in some tackles. Henley is a strong young player and did alright once on against Wigan so let him stay there, fingers crossed. I want Givet at CB he's not the best full back but is twice the player Hanley is at present and I worry about him and Dann together against Crouch and 'La pick pocket'.

I honestly can't believe the side I have chosen but it just shows how weak we are.

I have to say by the day am so disillusioned by this club even the bookies don't like us having to walk past william hill every day this week they reckon we will lose to stoke 3-0 it really is depressing writing us off before we have even kicked a ball the other thing do the clowns in Pune not recognise the seriousness of the situation do they not read the papers check the bookies? I just give up.

I'm looking forward to hundreds of posts saying he isn't fit to wear the shirt and is a disgrace to mankind.

And I'm looking forward to hundreds of counter-posts from the older generation saying how 'we've all done it' and it was acceptable in 1758 or something.

Drink driving, no matter who you are, is abhorrent, dangerous and quite frankly idiotic.

As for the game, we will get a tanking with Crouch getting a couple.

I reckon this one will be tighter than people make out. Stoke arent in the best form of late.

Even so I think they are a stronger team than us and I would have more Stoke players than Blackburn players in my starting 11.

Will say 2 - 1 Stoke. Jones and Walters for Stoke and Yakubu for us.

I also predict a fan to lose it and lamp Kean as he heads towards the tunnel after the game.

• Moderation Lead

I reckon this one will be tighter than people make out. Stoke arent in the best form of late.

Even so I think they are a stronger team than us and I would have more Stoke players than Blackburn players in my starting 11.

Will say 2 - 1 Stoke. Jones and Walters for Stoke and Yakubu for us.

I also predict a fan to lose it and lamp Kean as he heads towards the tunnel after the game.

Here's to hoping! :rover:

And I'm looking forward to hundreds of counter-posts from the older generation saying how 'we've all done it' and it was acceptable in 1758 or something.

Wonder if he admitted it or if he come up with a ridiculously far-fetched lying story about spiked drinks which changed at every step of the criminal process.

I wonder if the court showed that he was a proven liar like others that get convicted of drink driving.

Archived