BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers v Stoke City Preview

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Givet and Samba is our best two centre halves that are fit. Hanley should be nowhere near the team. I tip my hat to his performance at utd but he's been awful all season .

To be fair he is just a kid who shouldn't be in the starting line-up but I can see him really developing now after being thrown in at the deep end.

I think a lot of supporters have warped opinions of how good young defenders should be at this stage because of Phil Jones' immediate impact - but teenage centre backs aren't the norm in top flight football and Jones is pretty much a freak of nature. Hanley would usually be shipped out on loan to the Championship for experience but that hasn't happened due to Nelson, Jones and Givet's injuries over the past year or so.

To be fair he is just a kid who shouldn't be in the starting line-up but I can see him really developing now after being thrown in at the deep end.

I think a lot of supporters have warped opinions of how good young defenders should be at this stage because of Phil Jones' immediate impact - but teenage centre backs aren't the norm in top flight football and Jones is pretty much a freak of nature. Hanley would usually be shipped out on loan to the Championship for experience but that hasn't happened due to Nelson, Jones and Givet's injuries over the past year or so.

And awful is incredibly harsh, he's been made a bit of an unfair scapegoat, he will make errors but even Jones wouldn't find it as easy now.

After pulling of an excellent end to the Christmas period which no doubt, has raised a few eyebrows..

But the fact is we all to well remember the two disgracefull home game performances prior, this game is truly do or die to a Stoke team who always show up..

Will be nothing but positive thoughts for this one from me even if one down two down early,god help us..

This is it !!

ONE TIME!!!

Wow. I'm starting to have a bad feeling about this game... Stoke was doing bad but you can't forget they basically turned things around and that began with beating us a few weeks ago.

Stoke, last 2 games, draws, Wigan and Villa, City beat them 3-0, then they beat Wolves, beat Tottenham, controversial game and then, right before that, they defeated us i'm pretty sure, last six games, 3 wins, 2 draws, 1 loss. Before that they were poor in the league.

http://www.soccerway.com/national/england/premier-league/2011-2012/regular-season/

Really not feeling to good about this now. :unsure:

if Olsson and givet are fit id go for the same team as against man united, but givet in for hanley and olsson on for pedersen, I think rochine does better as a sub and looked better against man u, but unconfident, but the was passing well and our only player in midfield looking to go forward. I think when we have brought him on as a sub when we are behind or in a draw he tried to do everything and take on the whole team by himself.

I think he has had some good games especially in the cup when he has started and shown some quality, even against newcastle he got stuck in defensivly.

But as an impact sub I cant remember a game where he has made a positive impact this season, he comes on like a headless chicken.

Bunn - Henley, Samba, Hanley, Givet - Rochina, Nzonzi, Lowe, Pedersen, Formica - Yakubu

Assuming Junior and Olsson are both not fit yet.

Our line-ups have been imbalanced this season, and I feel more comfortable with 2 natural defensive players in the central midfield position.

Our problem this season has been that the defence has been completely exposed when we've been hit on the break. Even against Bolton they had 4 or 5 players running straight at our back 4 on numerous occassions. We don't face that as much when we park the bus in away games against big teams. Kean has to show he is not totally naive and set us up so that Stoke don't do that to us today.

A clean sheet would be the most positive thing we could get out of today and take forward for the rest of the season. A 0-0 draw would be another game without defeat and show that in spite of his seeming incompetence, Kean is actually addressing some of our fundamental problems.....not holding my breath though.

Come on the rovers. Just been down ewood to get the little ones half season ticket. Haven't brought him last few as i didn't want the atmosphere to "scare" him. Today though i think if ewood gets behind the team without this awkward feeling of if kean wins he stays. We all know he's staying so lets get behind them today. I haven't looked forward to a game for last 2 months but today i've got "that" feeling back! On a side note bumped into henley and goodwillie at ewood and told them to get the three points on the board today and that all of ewood is behind them. Henley said don't worry mate we know what needs to be done! Goodwillie asked whether we will be doing our part, i replied that after two magnificent results where here to back them all the way today, he shook my hand and off he went whistling! Both signed my little lads shirt so for his first game he is well excited.

Wow. I'm starting to have a bad feeling about this game... Stoke was doing bad but you can't forget they basically turned things around and that began with beating us a few weeks ago.

Stoke, last 2 games, draws, Wigan and Villa, City beat them 3-0, then they beat Wolves, beat Tottenham, controversial game and then, right before that, they defeated us i'm pretty sure, last six games, 3 wins, 2 draws, 1 loss. Before that they were poor in the league.

http://www.soccerway.com/national/england/premier-league/2011-2012/regular-season/

Really not feeling to good about this now. :unsure:

United had scored 5 in their last two games and look what happened. We had 10 points after plenty of games, then go Anfield and OT and get 4! half the seasons tally near enough. Never mind a bad feeling we've got the winnig feeling!!!

Why mess with the team that started on sat? They all deserve to keep there place, the only change i'd consider is bringing in olsson for ped's down the left, as he was the obvious weak link on sat.

Archived