BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers v Stoke City Preview

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't profess insider knowledge, but I have heard that Hoilett was not injured yesterday- he is being sold and must not be injured. I thought Pedersen was shocking yestarday but I know Kean likes his presence on the pitch. There is potential for a Dunn recall which could be at the expense of Petrovic. This would be a shame, I sang his praises prior to yesterday's game and he didn't let us down.

We clearly need to play one up top and flood the midfield; much improved shape yesterday and, unlike under Big Sam, we are capable of scoring with one up front by pacy counter attack.

Good performance at Anfield, excellent at O.T., however, at best, I reckon we will have to settle for a point.

Players like Hoilett & Samba know, IMO, that they are heading for the exit door and, only naturally, they will feel every strain and pull and will not put their b@lls on the line.

Additionally, yesterday, I think, will have taken an enormous amount out of us both physically and mentally and it would not surprise me to see Yak even less mobile than normal !!!

Unfortunately, I think it will be a case of "after the Lord Mayor's show".

Good performance at Anfield, excellent at O.T., however, at best, I reckon we will have to settle for a point.

Players like Hoilett & Samba know, IMO, that they are heading for the exit door and, only naturally, they will feel every strain and pull and will not put their b@lls on the line.

Additionally, yesterday, I think, will have taken an enormous amount out of us both physically and mentally and it would not surprise me to see Yak even less mobile than normal !!!

Welcome back Miseryman! ;)

completely agree though.

My predicting skills have been thankfully poor over the last two games. Many of us are experiencing the new sensation 'hope' we may survive.

I fear, that if I predict a win then I will put the mockers on us!

If I predict a defeat, I'm not being altogether honest!

I 'hope' we win tomorrow and other results are kind. To think, we are within touching distance after such a dire first half of the season.

We must avoid defeat, an unbeaten run will do us the power of good.

COYB

If Olsson is back and fit to start then start him instead of Pedersen, if not then Vukcevic instead. But if Givet is back keep him on the bench, the back 4 for the last two games has been very consistently strong so no need to change it. As long as protection is there for the fullbacks and Samba keeps Crouch under control then we should win this one. So I'd play this line up:

Bunn

Lowe - Samba - Hanley - Henley

Formica - Nzonzi - Petrovic - Simon/ Olsson

Rochina

Yakubu

• Backroom

Hoilett I agree with he hasn't put a shift in since Norwich but Samba was a rock again yesterday and didn't shirk anything nor ever has IMO.

I don't think we'll win as our aerial threat won't work against Stoke

• Backroom

Hoilett I agree with he hasn't put a shift in since Norwich but Samba was a rock again yesterday and didn't shirk anything nor ever has IMO.

Agreed, say what you want about Samba but when he's on the pitch the man gives 100% every time.

Bunn's major weakness is coming for crosses - hopefully we have a plan to work with this tomorrow, as we'll be seeing lots of long balls and crosses.

I'd keep Hanley and Henley in, but maybe Givet at LB and Henley at RB.

I'd much prefer Lowe in midfield to Dunn or Pedersen.

I'd keep Hanley and Henley in, but maybe Givet at LB and Henley at RB.

I'd much prefer Lowe in midfield to Dunn or Pedersen.

Givet and Samba is our best two centre halves that are fit. Hanley should be nowhere near the team. I tip my hat to his performance at utd but he's been awful all season .

Archived