BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Big rovers news in tomorrows Sunday People

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't believe people on here genuinely think Venky's won't sell. Is the story in the people any real surprise?! Venky's want to sell us now we're nearly relegated. Yes, the official line is and will continue to be 'we are not selling'. I wouldn't expect anything else.

30m is a high price but Venky's may as well start high and see if there are any takers at that price. I very much doubt there will be at that price. I certainly don't think a local one would go for it at that price as they would feel Venky's are taking the mickey.

The reasons why I think they are not keen on dealing with local consortiums is because they know they wouldn't pay 30m and they fear they would go public with Venky's desire to sell the club. I would suspect that Venky's will become more desperate to sell the club over the next few weeks and months and ultimately lower the price and start discussing with local consortiums.

Not even Barcalona spend or spent 20million on an academy.

What a load of polished turds.

Not a reflection on you Kamy but 20M in India must be akin to 100M+ here.

Interesting point. I should add that Glen Mullen also mentioned it. 20 mill does sound an extreme amount to spend on such a project. This subject needs clarifying.

Would the owners spend 20 million on an academy in India or 20 million into the chicken business which will bring back a profit?

I bet there has'nt been one brick laid for the so called academy project.

THEY DONT LAY BRICKS CHICKENS LAY EGS -_-

I can't believe people on here genuinely think Venky's won't sell. Is the story in the people any real surprise?! Venky's want to sell us now we're nearly relegated. Yes, the official line is and will continue to be 'we are not selling'. I wouldn't expect anything else.

30m is a high price but Venky's may as well start high and see if there are any takers at that price. I very much doubt there will be at that price. I certainly don't think a local one would go for it at that price as they would feel Venky's are taking the mickey.

The reasons why I think they are not keen on dealing with local consortiums is because they know they wouldn't pay 30m and they fear they would go public with Venky's desire to sell the club. I would suspect that Venky's will become more desperate to sell the club over the next few weeks and months and ultimately lower the price and start discussing with local consortiums.

Eric Black on radio just now saying club is debt free.So £30m over and above the £20m they paid gives them a nice profit. Clowns are dreaming like PhilipL says 30p when we go down.The danger is that the value when we go down is so low , with no fans and no income hardly that they think its not worth selling.In other words what they think its worth is miles away from the reality of what someone would pay-nightmare scenario!! Venkys stay, Coco stays and fans don't.Road to oblivion is first left off Bolton Road boys!!

I took it he meant the road to Lower Darwen, which would be a bit harsh.

Hey whats up with Lower Darwen....

Does anyone not think that this could be a marketing trick god knows they should be looking to sell..

How many people that havent renewed there season ticket are now thinking of renewing tomorrow of the back of this news i know it has crossed my mind???

there is no way we are debt free.

absolutely no chance at all

I think you are right.

Even if we are, it's a no brainer, PL side with a manageable overdraft of up to £15m or a debt free Championship side with all best players sold.

Feckin hell, Black must be thick.

I think you are right.

Even if we are, it's a no brainer, PL side with a manageable overdraft of up to £15m or a debt free Championship side with all best players sold.

Feckin hell, Black must be thick.

Black will have to tell lies like the rest of the idiots

Come on guys we all know better than to trust any story will come true no matter how true the facts might be, Nixon for all his sins actually reports what he finds out from his sources (backed up often like Phillip says in the Ronaldhino story, another example would be the 50m budget we do know from players agents that they had been approached but how much truth and how much was a sales ploy is utterly unknown but we do know there were to many for the budget to not be at least slightly real.. the fact it vanished is a whole different story), but we all know all to well that our little club is so badly run that no one not even those in charge actually know what is going on.

Personally I still see allot of merit in the theory that Balaji and Mrs D have fallen out, he apparently wanted Kean (A story confirmed by agents of at least one manager approached) out yet we still have him for no logical reason, in fact everything that has happened points to something at the very highest level being utterly at conflict.

No reporter in their right mind would put up a story if it was not at least slightly based on fact, we may find that Mrs D approached the sachs but the sale won't happen while Balaji wants to be involved but frankly anything could be true. I don't think ANYONE at Rovers from top to bottom has a clue which is incredible given that they have been in charge almost 18months.

At the end of the day Rovers are a complete farce at the moment, you could not even make up the stories about Rovers but IMO no one would pay that sort of money for a club like ours... then again Nixon did say they wanted 6m for Kalinic and that one did come true.

That chopper nicko will have been laughing into his fry up this morning after releasing that one.

I do not think he is that daft to release a story like that, naming a company as well. If there wasn't something in it.

Archived