BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Big rovers news in tomorrows Sunday People

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The way Venky's work all four of the family (Mrs D, her husband and the chuckle brothers) have to agree on the sale, in November, one member of the family did not want to sell and therefore the Qatari thing never happened. The owners denied the bid, that is what I would expect them to do, but the Qatari's are very protective of their brand image, if the story had not been true then you would've seen them coming out and denying it/and taking legal action, none of that has happened, despite the story receiving high profile coverage for a couple of days.

Nicko would've got this story from a credible source for him to print and must totally believe it to name Goldman Sachs. My senior source who has always been truthful with me (apart from when we were after Raul which source did not know about) has told me that the club is not for sale, so I will go with that, of course source could be out of loop, but that would be surprise due to seniority and a big decision like this source would know about. Source has said that there have been numerous approaches from local based groups in the last 4 months and all have been ignored.

I will try Goldman Sachs tomorrow to see if they will confirm or deny.

IF they want to sell. Do you know why they will not consider local groups / interest? Also, again if true and they want to sell, do you think Qatar could renew their interest?

Chaddy, it's bullshit to get people to buy season tickets. Don't fall for it. The sunday people isn't worth wiping your ass on.

Very risky for Nicko to name Goldman Sachs if there is nothing in this story.

The way Venky's work all four of the family (Mrs D, her husband and the chuckle brothers) have to agree on the sale, in November, one member of the family did not want to sell and therefore the Qatari thing never happened. The owners denied the bid, that is what I would expect them to do, but the Qatari's are very protective of their brand image, if the story had not been true then you would've seen them coming out and denying it/and taking legal action, none of that has happened, despite the story receiving high profile coverage for a couple of days.

Nicko would've got this story from a credible source for him to print and must totally believe it to name Goldman Sachs. My senior source who has always been truthful with me (apart from when we were after Raul which source did not know about) has told me that the club is not for sale, so I will go with that, of course source could be out of loop, but that would be surprise due to seniority and a big decision like this source would know about. Source has said that there have been numerous approaches from local based groups in the last 4 months and all have been ignored.

I will try Goldman Sachs tomorrow to see if they will confirm or deny.

do we know if Ian Currie and Ian Battersby have put a group together to buy the club and have approach Mrs D???

Why have Local based Groups been Ignored?

IF they want to sell. Do you know why they will not consider local groups / interest? Also, again if true and they want to sell, do you think Qatar could renew their interest?

Very risky for Nicko to name Goldman Sachs if there is nothing in this story.

A remote chance is we are a PL club but no chance if we are relegated.

Alan Nixon @reluctantnicko

Reply Retweet Favorite ·More

@roversmadfan1 There has been local interest for months but Venkys won't answer the phone to them. However this development is new.

Wouldnt this just be brsit!(if true!).

as far as im concerned nicko has lost all of credibility because of the crap hes churned out in the last 12months and kamy isnt much more reliable, i believe the quatari thing was total BS but im sure kamy pretty much swore it was genuine at the time.

As I've been saying for weeks, if Venky's receive a decent offer for the club, they will sell. If someone offers 30m then they will definitely sell. Anyone who thinks they wouldn't sell at that price is very much mistaken. Will someone bid that much? Have no idea.

I expect Venky's to come out and deny they are interested in selling. They have to just in case they can't sell the club and won't want people to think they don't care anymore.

I suspect someone from Goldman sachs has leaked this info as other people, not just Nicko, have heard about it.

Wouldnt this just be brsit!(if true!).

as far as im concerned nicko has lost all of credibility because of the crap hes churned out in the last 12months and kamy isnt much more reliable, i believe the quatari thing was total BS but im sure kamy pretty much swore it was genuine at the time.

I think that is harsh on both nicko and kamy. Not every reporter will be right all the time. Stories change, sources get things wrong. Or fed bull, which they share.

Who's going to pay £ 30 mill for a championship club that's been destroyed from top to bottom ? Only more pretentious nut jobs like Venkies.

Exactly, its a nothing story for me.

To be fair to Nicko, I think he used to have contacts in the know at Ewood. Those seemed to disappear under Allardyce.

If Venkys are looking to sell, then they aren't going to confirm that in public, as that would drop the price straight away. Another reason why I don't think they would deal with BRSIT.

I think that is harsh on both nicko and kamy. Not every reporter will be right all the time. Stories change, sources get things wrong. Or fed bull, which they share.

Very true , but Nixon strikes me as very pro Coyle and Kean , they have at least one common denominator...

Who is their agent ???

"and they would get rid at the right price".....Thats a hoot after they've devalued it massively. Every player worth much has gone and they are about to fall right off the Premier League gravy train.

They really are pathetic stupid people, and there is nothing to stop this happening time and again with ever increasing numbers of 3rd world numpties.

I wouldn't put it past Alan Nixon to have a vested interest here either. We know ferom experience that he doesn't do anything without ulterior motive. Once his cover was blown and his influence on here reduced to comic value he's hardly been seen since. Good and valuable lesson for the nickoteens... that is if any have the sense to take it on board.

Very true , but Nixon strikes me as very pro Coyle and Kean , they have at least one common denominator...

Who is their agent ???

I said the same earlier in the thread. Nixon has written this story to take the heat off Kean ahead of our probable thumpimg at Spuds and relegation. Totally transparent.

I said the same earlier in the thread. Nixon has written this story to take the heat off Kean ahead of our probable thumpimg at Spuds and relegation. Totally transparent.

It wouldn't surprise me if our lovely press officer had something to do with this story being leaked, bless him :rock:

Secondly, I think that if someone bidded for club around 20 to 25 million pounds, I think they will sell.

Why on earth would anybody do that? It's a liability now and relegation would even worsen that situation. Anybody with any genuine interest would be much better to wait till it hits the buffers as it surely will and buy it off the receivers rather than the Venkeymob.

• Backroom

I don't believe this and still don't believe the Qatari bid

Didn't folk say they are fast movers and would buy a new club in no time? It's now 6 months later nearly

Sadly last night, Andy Cryer, Nick Harris, Kamy all said that their contacts had said venkys are not selling.

Everything is for sale at the right price. -_-

Trouble is the goons through their inexperience and breathtaking gullibility have devalued the club massively and now appear to be realising it. Unless to quote Alan Sugar they are 'idiots with a death wish' they will want out. Whatever noises they make their only intention now will be to limit their loss. And the only way that will happenwill be if they find someone even more stupid than themselves. Having observed their tenure of BRFC for 18 months I can only surmise that will be no small task.

I don't believe this and still don't believe the Qatari bid

Didn't folk say they are fast movers and would buy a new club in no time? It's now 6 months later nearly

I don't pretend to be in the know but the qatari bid or at least the interest was absolutely genuine. (There is low expectation from fans - we wouldn't have been on their backs or expecting big signings immediately. Perhaps other clubs they looked at would and therefore they backed off when we weren't available waiting to see what else transpired) I was told the interest was genuine just a week or two ago by someone who knows someone who would definitely know what was going on.I didn't even know he knew this person, but trust what he told me without hesitation.

We are witnessing the start of the exit strategy.

We are an unwanted arm to their business portfolio, the whole experiment didn't work. Time to cut loses and run for the hills.

We can only hope and pray thats true nick123, I'd much rather start again in league 2 if thats what it takes, as long as get rid of Kean, Venkys and Agnew.

Archived