BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Big rovers news in tomorrows Sunday People

Northern Rover @Northern_Rover

Reply Retweet Favorite ·More

@roversmadfan1 @BKKRover I checked direct with senior source at venkys who has always told me the truth, said not for sale.

will they source know tho???

lets not forget the lies that the owners have told us!!!

We will keep the experience board of directors - DIDN'T

We will keep the experience manager - DIDN'T

invest in the team without selling key players - DIDN'T

The biggest transfer budget in rovers history this summer - DIDN'T

Anyway here is the website for Goldman Sachs who Venkys are using to find a buyer

http://www.goldmansachs.com/index.html

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

will they source know tho???

lets not forget the lies that the owners have told us!!!

We will keep the experience board of directors - DIDN'T

We will keep the experience manager - DIDN'T

invest in the team without selling key players - DIDN'T

The biggest transfer budget in rovers history this summer - DIDN'T

Anyway here is the website for Goldman Sachs who Venkys are using to find a buyer

http://www.goldmansachs.com/index.html

Yes but why lie about this. If they really wanted to sell the club. Would they not want to make it known world wide. Why do it in secret.

Wouldn't give them 30 bob.

Only chance of a sale is if we stay-up and that aint looking good - but it would be closer to a fire sale than £30m !

IMO, the structure of the club has been destroyed from top to bottom and all our best players have been sold or are about to leave in the summer.

Blindingly obvious that they should never have bought us and 'do nothing'.

If they want to sell, they've missed the boat big style - nothing surprises me though about, IMO, these incompetent morons.

Yes but why lie about this. If they really wanted to sell the club. Would they not want to make it known world wide. Why do it in secret.

Why would they or indeed should they lie about everything, Venkys are a real cancer, they have now got virtually all the high profile people at the club telling lies as well, it's not neccessary and indeed, in my opinion, they are just born liars with one lie after the other, perhaps thats what they do in India all the time, I dont know, surely honesty would have been the best policy.

I do understand there are things that do need to be kept a little quiet at times but with these idiots, I cant find one statement they have made which doesnt border on the 'lie factor'

They lied about the qataries bid.

we know about this bid from Kamy and Philipl. Had good info and contacts.

Does Mrs D want out of rovers??? wonder if Venkys shareholders are putting pressure on her to sell the club???

their share price have drop massivly since buying rovers. that their main business not running a football club.

They lied about the qataries bid.

we know about this bid from Kamy and Philipl. Had good info and contacts.

Does Mrs D want out of rovers??? wonder if Venkys shareholders are putting pressure on her to sell the club???

their share price have drop massivly since buying rovers. that their main business not running a football club.

One thing in that article that gives me hope that there maybe some milage in this story. Is Nicko naming Gold sachs. That is risky. Unless the story came from them. Another thing, is I think we know they are not likely to sell the club on the cheap - no matter what division we are in. 30mill for a club in a bad state, is not cheap.

Some on here will say Nicko's track record is not good. But in the world of the media, things change fast. Often as soon as an article has gone to print. He may not get things right all the time, but he is not always wrong either. There are some on here who claim to be in the know on goings on at the club. Truth is they are not always right. Take the Syed wanting to buy Rovers - some said they had seen his money. But history has shown that to be wrong. But it does not mean they are wrong all the time. Just that particular part.

I think the next few days we will find out more.

The story is what's known in the trade as a flyer. No quotes and partly gleaned off info freely available on here about stewards' wages. Sold to Nicko's third-in-line paper after the first two probably said "anything you can firm this up with?"

It may turn out to be true, as might Dan Williams, Qataris or the £50m transfer chest.

But what do you think the odds are? Ask yourself and you'll probably not need me to tell you not to get too over-excited

But there has been nothing on here, until today, that venkys want to sell for 30m and have asked gold sachs to help them.

But there has been nothing on here, until today, that venkys want to sell for 30m and have asked gold sachs to help them.

They'll need to find a little lepricorn with Gold sacks to get anywhere near £30 million for this shambles of a club.

Venky's really are away with the fairies.

Just sack kean, get a chairman worth his salt, stick in £5mil a year for few years and stay in India. How hard is it to resolve the current situation?

More rumours that will be peddled as fact over the coming weeks. Reading through this thread is just a picture built up purely on rumours and hearsay. Truth is, we know nothing about the club anymore other than it is going down the pan. The level of debt or whether it has been paid off is just guesswork, the so called in the know people have been way off the mark for as long as I can remember, and we now have people refering to the "official rumour on Twitter"...what the hell is an official rumour?

If we are to believe stories from Nicko (with his track record) and if we are naive to believe that multi-billionaire Quatari's try to broker a take over with people on internet forums - then it's time to check your water supply.

Just waiting for Kean to deny it and say the owners are here for the long haul - then I might believe it :)

Otherwise could just be a cynical ploy planted, to turn down any heat that Kean & associates are going to get at the Wigan game

If true-----what a bloody nerve. Buy a "safe" Premier League club, run it into the ground in only 18 months, then try to sell for a profit as the club slides into relegation!

Doesn't matter whether its true or not-------won't happen. The club's value has been greatly devalued and everybody knows it.

Any interested party will surely just sit back and wait.

Venky's would sell if they could get their money back, I'm as sure as I can be about that. It's obvious to anyone that there is no ambition at all from them. Give them the option to cut and run and they sure as hell would do. Also, they're not going to go public about wanting to sell, quite simply because that would put any potential buyer into the driving seat straight away.

That doesn't mean Nicko's story has any foundations to it though. Come the end of the season with relegation coupled to poor ST sales, who's going to want to pump tens of millions into Rovers? Can't think of anyone.

Venky's would sell if they could get their money back, I'm as sure as I can be about that. It's obvious to anyone that there is no ambition at all from them. Give them the option to cut and run and they sure as hell would do. Also, they're not going to go public about wanting to sell, quite simply because that would put any potential buyer into the driving seat straight away.

That doesn't mean Nicko's story has any foundations to it though. Come the end of the season with relegation coupled to poor ST sales, who's going to want to pump tens of millions into Rovers? Can't think of anyone.

I cant see there being many takers to buy Rovers, but surely new owners would bin Kean, Agnew and the Hunts then put a new Season ticket offer out to the fans.

Alan Nixon @reluctantnicko

Reply Retweet Favorite ·More

@roversmadfan1 There has been local interest for months but Venkys won't answer the phone to them. However this development is new.

Ironically it was mentioned awhile ago on this site, that venkys, if they did sell would not to sell to a local group. Which confirms what Nicko has been saying this morning. Venkys will not answer the phone to local interest.

Cuckoo cuckoo Come on Chaddy provide evidence to back up your statement.

to be fair to chaddy, that part is common knowledge. All four venkys, have a say and a vote.

If the above is the case why did then not take QIA offer?

The way Venky's work all four of the family (Mrs D, her husband and the chuckle brothers) have to agree on the sale, in November, one member of the family did not want to sell and therefore the Qatari thing never happened. The owners denied the bid, that is what I would expect them to do, but the Qatari's are very protective of their brand image, if the story had not been true then you would've seen them coming out and denying it/and taking legal action, none of that has happened, despite the story receiving high profile coverage for a couple of days.

Nicko would've got this story from a credible source for him to print and must totally believe it to name Goldman Sachs. My senior source who has always been truthful with me (apart from when we were after Raul which source did not know about) has told me that the club is not for sale, so I will go with that, of course source could be out of loop, but that would be surprise due to seniority and a big decision like this source would know about. Source has said that there have been numerous approaches from local based groups in the last 4 months and all have been ignored.

I will try Goldman Sachs tomorrow to see if they will confirm or deny.

You wouldn't put it past the idiots in Pune to put a 30m price tag on the club, they're so far detracted from reality that this fits in with everything they've done so far.

Lets also not forget that Nicko has no sources within the club these days, and his story should be taken with a huge pinch of salt.

Archived