BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Big rovers news in tomorrows Sunday People

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nixon must do ? Or was he just acting on orders ?

The latter , I think !

He'll have his reasons for writing it, and he may well believe in the story and all that he's written.

I personally cannot see him making up a complete fabrication -out of desperation for something to write- but that doesn't mean there is any truth in the story.

I'd imagine GS have bigger fish to fry than taking a 2-bob journalist to court just because he mentioned their name in a football 'story'.

Having been named publicly that they have been employed to do a job. If that job is not fulfilled. It does not help their reputation.

Having been named publicly that they have been employed to do a job. If that job is not fulfilled. It does not help their reputation.

Goldman Sachs run Wall Street, and probably the rest of the world! I doubt they've got their top lawyers on it if it isn't true. Just like i doubt Rothschilds reputation is in tatters for not finding a buyer for Rovers for nearly 3 years.

i hope like you that the story is true, it's just the timing is very suspicious given it comes on the day we are effectively relegated. Maybe I'm just a cynic :rolleyes:

As if either Alan Nixon or Andy Cryer have a Scooby Doo about what is really going on in the minds of those dickheads in Pune...

Northern Rover @Northern_Rover

Reply Retweet Favorite ·More

@roversmadfan1 @BKKRover I checked direct with senior source at venkys who has always told me the truth, said not for sale.

Alan is in the business of selling newspapers but now 3 other people have said the club is not for sale. Including one who is supposed to be able to talk to Mrs D

Make up your own minds but it looks like they are going nowhere

There has been a steady, if indirect, message coming out of the owners in that they will not sell. However if Rovers were bought as a business investment then that surely must change? If not what are the options - asset strip the club and take the parachute payments before selling the scrap off at the end; back the club and get Rovers back to the Premier league and then consider selling the club off at a reasonable price; carry on owning the club and waste more money bumping along in the lower leagues.

Of course this is complicated by the ability of Venkys to layer debt onto the UK based company and as they have little presence here then maybe they wouldn't worry about the bad press of a bankrupt club.

If they back us and get us back into the Premiership (which means learning a lot of lessons) then I will be happy, albeit amazed.

If they keep Rovers going as a struggling lower league side then I will be equally amazed as that makes no sense at all, save as a perverse attempt to avoid loss of face.

The other two options, asset stripping and/or bankruptcy mean that the club would be sold for a small percentage of its current (rapidly depreciating) value. At that point the potential for the BRSIT option becomes a distinct possibility, even more so if combined with a joint ownership with another individual or group.

As to whether Alan Nixon is right he did say that Steve Kean could be the next Owen Coyle and Coyle has almost taken Bolton down as well - clearly knows his football.

Anyway get your pledge into BRSIT http://www.brsit.co.uk/ - it might well happen

I am not going to identify the person still at Ewood who said this a number of weeks ago:

"Balaji got to keep his toy. The only problem is his big sister took all the batteries out."

And we're all made to suffer because of a family squabble between a spoilt bunch of inbred Indian morons living off their Dad's wealth. They will chuck their toy out the pram eventually, only trouble is it will be broken beyond repair by then. Curse you to Hell Venkys.

Alan's article seems to me to be staged at an appropriate time to further unsettle us given that we are on the brink of relegation - as is his mate's Bolton team...

The prospect of the loons from Pune going is the most inspirational message possible.

Alan's article seems to me to be staged at an appropriate time to further unsettle us given that we are on the brink of relegation - as is his mate's Bolton team...

Hmm, the press is to blame for our plight now. Hasn't it finally dawned on you where the real problem is ?

Archived