BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Big rovers news in tomorrows Sunday People

Is this 'academy' actually in the process of being built or just an 'idea' in the planning stages that has had money earmarked towards it? If the latter is the case, how difficult would it be to change track and remove the funding for it?

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

for venkys to prove people wrong they have to actually exist instead of hiding away in the bunkers back in india, if and when rovers go down then that ship will already have sailed, to even show people that they can turn it around they would have to sack kean, invest heavily out of their own money and communicate, can anyone see this happening? NO!!! venkys out kean out, im really peed off now, cant stand them, wish they would just go away and never darken our doorway again

Is this 'academy' actually in the process of being built or just an 'idea' in the planning stages that has had money earmarked towards it? If the latter is the case, how difficult would it be to change track and remove the funding for it?

In july last year they said it will be ready in a year and a half or two years My link hope they were not planning to build it in Lavasa :D

Whether there is any truth in this story aside, isn't it a wonderful way of destabilising the team just prior to a majorly important game? Cheers, Nicko.

To be fair, any story Nixon writes is going to be in the Sunday Mirror/Star/whichever red-top he's allowed to write 30 words on each week.

It will be read by a handful of people and used to wrap chips in on Monday evening.

maybe story is kean will be sack in the summer whatever division we are in?

just a thought.

i will have to get up early to get a copy in the morning

So the twitter rumour for today is up for sale for 30 million , and possibly interest from a US consortium? -

who posted that on twitter???

By this I mean it's a positive thing for the club, but it doesn't have anything to do with Kean or Venky's being sacked/leaving.

You are contradicting yourself.

There is nothing positive about Venky's / Kean staying.

I think I know what this is about and it will be good news. By this I mean it's a positive thing for the club, but it doesn't have anything to do with Kean or Venky's being sacked/leaving.

How's it positive for the club then? What is the point if those jokers are mismanaging us down the leagues?

Is it related to a great positive story being "leaked" just before the early bird season ticket deadline? Too cynicle?

You wouldnt put it past PNE Agnew.

Pep Guardiola for Ewood and his first signing is Messi :D

Assuming the story is accurate and "they want to get out with a fat profit" true the first point which springs to mind is the debt question.

Venkys paid £23m plus took on around £20m of debt, total cost £43m. My logic suggests:

At £30m it's a £13m loss if the debt has been paid.

The debt has been paid by the player sales so there truly is a profit

Or the debt still exists

Assuming the story is accurate and "they want to get out with a fat profit" true the first point which springs to mind is the debt question.

Venkys paid £23m plus took on around £20m of debt, total cost £43m. My logic suggests:

At £30m it's a £13m loss if the debt has been paid.

The debt has been paid by the player sales so there truly is a profit

Or the debt still exists

The level of debt has gone up. The backroom team of coaches and other staff has been destroied, the playing squad for an EPL team is pathetic. No boardroom to speak of. Need I go on.

Plus everyone else has shot down these stories. I just cant see it happening

Plus everyone else has shot down these stories. I just cant see it happening

Im sure Nicko would have double check this out because printing it.

Plus we all know that Balaji was the problem why they didn't sell to Qataries according to press reports and couple of people on here.

We know that Mrs and Mr D want out! Plus Venkys share price has drop by at least half since buying rovers! That not good for them. Also I sure that shareholders of venkys are not happening about owning rovers and the way its gone!

Plus we all know that Balaji was the problem why they didn't sell to Qataries according to press reports and couple of people on here.

We know that Mrs and Mr D want out! Plus Venkys share price has drop by at least half since buying rovers! That not good for them. Also I sure that shareholders of venkys are not happening about owning rovers and the way its gone!

Three problems as I see it Chaddy.

Firstly Nixon has written so much rubbish in the past - who can forget that little gem that we have a "gem" in Kean?

Secondly, who in their right mind is going to want to buy a Championship club with a squad that will need to be completely rebuilt to even attempt to regain Premier League status. I suspect potential buyers will look at Leicester City and the amount of money poured into that club and still they didn't reach the play-offs.

Thirdly, the Indian mob will want to make a profit so they are unlikely to sell unless someone comes up with the asking price. In the meantime there is money to be made from the Rovers by selling players, taking the parachute money and any other income that is available.

I said last night if Nixon is the author it won't be much of a story ....

Venkys want to sell for £30 mill , you are having a laugh ...Will be lucky to sell for £30 on WEdnesday night when we are relegated ..

What happenend to the Qataris Alan ?

Come on Chaddy!

Do you believe every story in papers? Plenty of stories are printed that contradict each other and i'm sure the writers double checked their stories too!

No one really knows what is in the mind of the loons from Pune!

Another ploy to sell tickets? This story might give some of the fence sitters the excuse to buy their tickets tomorrow on the off chance that the Lunatics will sell. No Venkys = no Kean.

Or have I become too cynical over the last 18 months?

Firstly, this is the first time we know they want to sell the club? This is what Ian Battersby and Wayne Wild want. a sign from owners they want out. Could Ian Battersby get a group of people together who could buy the club? did he say that he could maybe put together a group to buy th club in the podcast he did?

Secondly, I think that if someone bidded for club around 20 to 25 million pounds, I think they will sell.

Thirdly, werent the Leicester owners interest buying rovers when they knew the price but the Walker family stood by the deal made with Venkys! HUGH MISTAKE!!!

Fourthly, lets see what happens in the next week. Only time will tell. i will try to keep positive.

WE NEED VENKYS AND KEAN OUT!!!

Northern Rover @Northern_Rover

Reply Retweet Favorite ·More

@roversmadfan1 @BKKRover I checked direct with senior source at venkys who has always told me the truth, said not for sale.

Firstly, this is the first time we know they want to sell the club? This is what Ian Battersby and Wayne Wild want. a sign from owners they want out. Could Ian Battersby get a group of people together who could buy the club? did he say that he could maybe put together a group to buy th club in the podcast he did?

Secondly, I think that if someone bidded for club around 20 to 25 million pounds, I think they will sell.

Thirdly, werent the Leicester owners interest buying rovers when they knew the price but the Walker family stood by the deal made with Venkys! HUGH MISTAKE!!!

Fourthly, lets see what happens in the next week. Only time will tell. i will try to keep positive.

WE NEED VENKYS AND KEAN OUT!!!

Thanks for the picture of the story and keep positive

I said last night if Nixon is the author it won't be much of a story ....

Venkys want to sell for £30 mill , you are having a laugh ...Will be lucky to sell for £30 on WEdnesday night when we are relegated ..

What happenend to the Qataris Alan ?

If the story is true, 30mill is only the asking price. No different when somebody wants to sell a property. We put up an asking price, knowing somebody will try to knock us down.

Sadly last night, Andy Cryer, Nick Harris, Kamy all said that their contacts had said venkys are not selling.

Archived