BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Hodgson for England?

Baz

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WBA have confirmed they have accepted an approach from FA for Roy Hodgson.WBA Official Site

Excellent news. Hodgson is the best candidate available. Experienced in international management and would be a good ambassador and figure-head for the England team.

I'd love see 'Arry's face right now! Cannot stand Redknapp, and his sycophantic media cronies!

Redknapp is over-rated and wouldve been shown up tactically on the international stage!

The FA may have been put off by Spurs' demand for compensation. 10-15M! :lol:

Excellent news, he was my first choice.

Vastly experienced in European football, widely respected and has international management experience.

None of the other candidates come near him, in my opinion.

Hope I'm wrong but I'm usually dead right on footie matters (ask the humiliated GAV and MarkBRFC1971) but I think Hodgson will be a disaster as England manager. A manager needs the hide of a rhino to be England boss and Hodgson is far too thin-skinned. A couple of defeats and the press will give him a hard time and Hodgson cannot, repeat cannot, take criticism. Poor appointment.

Hope I'm wrong but I'm usually dead right on footie matters (ask the humiliated GAV and MarkBRFC1971) but I think Hodgson will be a disaster as England manager. A manager needs the hide of a rhino to be England boss and Hodgson is far too thin-skinned. A couple of defeats and the press will give him a hard time and Hodgson cannot, repeat cannot, take criticism. Poor appointment.

:lol: I won't bite

I have to agree with Jim, on Hodgson, the press got him sacked at Anfield and he simply won't be able to survive at national level without the backing the gutter press, sad but true.

Humiliated, lol. Yep, "a team full of Pedersens would be top 4 every season", wanting John Williams out, "Allardyce will get West Ham automatic promotion without a doubt" etc etc. Genius. :D

I think Roy will be OK, hopefully he'll be the one to dump the so-called golden generation and give the younger players a chance.

Humiliated, lol. Yep, "a team full of Pedersens would be top 4 every season", wanting John Williams out, "Allardyce will get West Ham automatic promotion without a doubt" etc etc. Genius. :D

I think Roy will be OK, hopefully he'll be the one to dump the so-called golden generation and give the younger players a chance.

I agree but its a shame that our golden generation flopped to spain's among others platinum generation

Archived