BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Hodgson for England?

Baz

It's a poisened chalice at the best of times, even more so with such a poor crop of players to choose from. The best team doesn't always win the tournament though but I don't hold out much hope for England doing much.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hope I'm wrong but I'm usually dead right on footie matters (ask the humiliated GAV and MarkBRFC1971) but I think Hodgson will be a disaster as England manager. A manager needs the hide of a rhino to be England boss and Hodgson is far too thin-skinned. A couple of defeats and the press will give him a hard time and Hodgson cannot, repeat cannot, take criticism. Poor appointment.

Terrible appointment. He wont last long.

Hope I'm wrong but I'm usually dead right on footie matters (ask the humiliated GAV and MarkBRFC1971) but I think Hodgson will be a disaster as England manager. A manager needs the hide of a rhino to be England boss and Hodgson is far too thin-skinned. A couple of defeats and the press will give him a hard time and Hodgson cannot, repeat cannot, take criticism. Poor appointment.

My view: Roy was a great manager for Fulham but I thought from the beginning that Liverpool, a big club, wasn't a good match for him.

I think Roy would be worth a try, Saved WBA, managed Switzerland, didn't know that and you can see the rest of his experience. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roy_Hodgson

Personally, I think Roy is an excellent appointment. He has far more experience of European and World football than Harry and has a proven track record in international management. Unfortunately, because the media haven't got the man they want they will go after Roy from day one as can be seen from today's newspapers.

Woy or 'Arry? For me Woy every time. He fits the international role better and his CV is a closer fit. That plus 'Arry inferring that he was too thick to have deliberately defrauded the tax authorities.

Next job is to dump that wide boy Terry from the squad.

Reading the papers this morning:

'public anger as the people's choice snubbed' and so on. 'Arry is the new Cloughie'

Aye national day of mourning that the flavour of the month has been overlooked.

It's blindingly obvious that as soon as Hodgson slips up, the media will be clamouring for the 'people's choice'.

Hodgson will think he's back at Liverpool.

Should only appoint the best, and the best isnt English

IMO its time we had a manager who can speak ENGLISH with whatever local accent

You are correct on all matters. Do you feel better now?

I think England expectations have been lowered a whole whole lot in recent years, the last 5 years or so.

After McClaren left England, then I was for Redknapp, Capello was appointed, I fully supported Capello, not saying he was perfect, World Cup 2010 was a very poor showing but adding in missing Euro 2008, I do think expectations are much lower. Capello may not have always picked the best selection.

And I do think Redknapp as manager talk has lost a bit of steam. Hard to say, Spurs did real well early in the season.

Hodgson obviously has some "low points" on his resume, you'd have to say there are times he did not do that well. But I'd support him and would not be too critical.

Even when England have done poorer in recent years, I hate to say it but I think it was the players who were principally to blame.

And what? West Brom won at Anfield a few weeks ago I think.

Woy or 'Arry? For me Woy every time. He fits the international role better and his CV is a closer fit. That plus 'Arry inferring that he was too thick to have deliberately defrauded the tax authorities.

'Arry's judgement must have been called into question after his absurd praise for Kean yesterday after the shambles at Spurs !

Still prefer Redknapp as Manager

but I can see why the FA want Hodgson.

experience manager who has got international experience with 3 countries plus is the type of manager who will endorsed England training academy at Burton and get involve my the England younger teams.

Be interesting to see who is appoint on his coaching staff???

would like someone like David Platt or Steve Round or Ray Wilkins there with him!

Still prefer Redknapp as Manager

but I can see why the FA want Hodgson.

experience manager who has got international experience with 3 countries plus is the type of manager who will endorsed England training academy at Burton and get involve my the England younger teams.

Be interesting to see who is appoint on his coaching staff???

would like someone like David Platt or Steve Round or Ray Wilkins there with him!

Is anybody bothered?have we not got enough on our plates as Rovers fans for now? International players on show at Ewood only if we get drawn at home to a Prem side in 1st round of a cup from now on.

Thanks Venkys

Its sickening to hear Sky news highlighting a report in the Daily empty headed Star on the so called disappointment of many football fans who must be empty heads themselves about the FA installing Hodgson over Harry I cant open an email Redknapp.

Who instigates this sh!t as they do us no favours.

Archived