BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Hodgson for England?

Baz

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought that tale originated in Soton with Kevin Davies?

tbh Hodgson could do well because he has been there before with Switzerland, BUT imo international managers should be inspirational types who can motivate players to the cause. I don't see Woy in this category and would think Arry might be the man to do this.

On the plus side Hodgson is much more like Sir Alf Ramsey than Arry. He needs to make his own mind up about his tactical formation, pick the best players to fit into that (note not necessarily the best players) and then give a big fat finger to the press, media and sponsors.

Not been mentioned but Arry is a wide boy who very easily could be banged up at Her Majesty's pleasure for tax evasion. Who can say for definite that there is not more to uncover about his murky tax evasion.... err...which he didn't do of course..... it was all his dog's idea remember. :rolleyes:

Wisely the FA simply don't do either scandal or risk do they?

I suppose he's the best of a bad bunch. The England scenario is nearly as depressing as Rovers.

Woy has a higher win percentage than Redknapp, has managed outside the south of England and can speak 6 more languages than Harry (6 compared to 0). I work in London and I haven't met anyone that wants Harry. It's very odd for the supposed people's choice. Woy will probably fail though (they all do) and I expect the press will play a big part in it.

• Backroom

It is a bit for a national paper.

The fact that he has no chance with the press makes me root for us more than I have done recently, funny how it works

The Sun's headline is a bit much, but what else would you expect from them, the southern based press have made their mind up over the appointment.

You can just imagine after Hodgson has picked his squad, the southern journo's will be camped on Redknapp's doorstep asking, would that of been the squad you would of chosen?

• Backroom

While I can see the appeal of 'Arry, Woy is (imo) just as good an appointment, if not better. He's a very VERY astute manager and has an excellent CV, including international experience. All he needs to do is get a couple of backroom in who can relate to the players. Keep Pearce in there and maybe bring in Beckham (similar to how Venables had Bryan Robson as the 'players man'.

Woy may be a boring old fuddy duddy, but I think he's the best choice. At least he speaks English!

Roy obviously a bit of a disaster at Rovers. But Harry in past 8 weeks responsible for Spurs downfall. He could have insisted Levy hang onto Pienaar and Pavluchenkoor Crouch. He left squad too thin. Then playing Bale down the middle killed so much of Spurs' attacking threat. Kyle Walker a hell of a player. Future England with Walker and P Jones and Wilshire and Oxlade Chanberlain not bad though. Present Lampard-Gerrard-Terry diabolical.

The Sun made a right fool of themselves crowning Arry the day after Capello left, it's going to be a hatchet job on Roy from day 1.

It's not surprising, reading the Twitter's of prominent football journos tells you how outb of touch they are.

What a breath of fresh air. Hodgson: i hope people will get behind me but i'd have to be on another planet to think i was the fans choice.

Ring any bells?! If only our little gem was this honest he could have made it far easier for himself.

That would represent a roaring success for your lot Maj. err do I detect a few sour grapes perhaps? :P

I'm ecstatic they choose Woy, Mr Boring when what is truly needed is as you said, Mr Motivator. Woy has struggled in the past with big names and well he's walking into a minefield with your lot. IMO the FA have really ballsed up yet again (they're really good at that in England) and they should have moved for Arry from day one and not drawn it all out.

We managed to beat France recently will you?????

I truly hope that Roy does OK - it's time for an Englishman and there were only 3 possibles ................

So if Woy walks under a bus today the job's Big Sams? Could do a lot worse.... in fact we have done for the last 3.

I'm ecstatic they choose Woy, Mr Boring when what is truly needed is as you said, Mr Motivator. Woy has struggled in the past with big names and well he's walking into a minefield with your lot. IMO the FA have really ballsed up yet again (they're really good at that in England) and they should have moved for Arry from day one and not drawn it all out.

We managed to beat France recently will you?????

Scots are as bad as the English in thinking their national team is better than it actually is. Truth is that whilst we are guilty as charged you lot are criminally insane. I think it's all to do with that fluke in 67.

The Suns front page tomorrow is embarrassing

Mocking slightly disabled people on the front page of a national newspaper more pity those who buy and read the rag Bucky.

Just how much lower can the media go in this country ?

Archived