BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers v Wigan Athletic

I've woke up to a horrible feeling.

The inevitable day we all knew was coming is finally here.

Let's give those responsible for the systematic destruction of our club, the full wrath of contempt they deserve.

We all know this is different to when we were last relegated.

We have to do whatever we can to get the disease from our club.

Be proud fans tonight, give Kean & Venkys hell. They FULLY DESERVE IT.

RTID

• Replies 841
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After watching the football league show where nearly every game seemed to end in a pitch invasion, there must be thousands upon thousands of fans expecting to get criminal records in the coming weeks.

That's right isn't it Paul?

So you don't understand the difference between fans celebrating on the pitch and fans protesting on the pitch?

I'll give you £1 to 1p anyone who the stewards/police catch on the pitch will be charged because that person will be there with intent. Clearly hundreds won't be arrested but some will.

I'd lose my job, would you risk that?

Qoute from Colin Hendry:

Hendry offered his support for his fellow Scot, who has endured numerous protests and calls from supporters for him to be sacked, adding: "It's been a difficult time for him. He's handled himself with extreme dignity.

"It is a minority that's campaigning, having all these demonstrations about what should happen.

:angry2:

Blimey that dignity line again.. these guys reading from a script or something or is it the word of the season for ex players and managers.. Everty time it's pretty much always the exact same words.

Hendry

"By far and away the majority are behind the team and behind the manager"

Yes Mr Hendry the majority of the press are behind the him.. us fans though are not.

I still find it all incredibly annoying that so many people in the press can't simply look at his record, tactics and general persona.

Paul, you are quite correct and you can bet it wont be a large hairy gruff looking chap that gets collared, it will be some 14 yr old who has never done anything in his life and has got carried away with what is going on who gets collared because he is an easy target.

Depends how pathetic the performance is tonight, if Rovers lose comfortably then I can see it kicking off. Fans have had to put up with 18 months of ###### from this manager and the owners. I'm not condoning such actions if they happen but will understand why if the worst does indeed happen.

Blimey that dignity line again.. these guys reading from a script or something or is it the word of the season for ex players and managers.. Everty time it's pretty much always the exact same words.

Yes Mr Hendry the majority of the press are behind the him.. us fans though are not.

I still find it all incredibly annoying that so many people in the press can't simply look at his record, tactics and general persona.

Hendry is a toss pot, not a rovers legend for me, not after what he's done to his so called friend, robbing him of his life savings. Braveheart my ass, he's a weak, horrible man.

• Backroom

Hendry is a toss pot, not a rovers legend for me, not after what he's done to his so called friend, robbing him of his life savings. Braveheart my ass, he's a weak, horrible man.

I just imagined that in your high-pitched weird voice that you do at away games Enty :P

Can we remember that we are after all Rovers supporters! We still have a chance, an outside chance i know,of staying up. The team needs our full support tonight. A good 4-0 win will keep the pot boiling for another week. Yak(2), Hoilett and Nzonzi the scorers.

We have to hope. A sad night anyway for me as its my last game as a season ticket holder as Im relocating to Cornwall;I dont want to remember this occasion with images of fans being abusive and threatening.

Can we remember that we are after all Rovers supporters! We still have a chance, an outside chance i know,of staying up. The team needs our full support tonight. A good 4-0 win will keep the pot boiling for another week. Yak(2), Hoilett and Nzonzi the scorers.

We have to hope. A sad night anyway for me as its my last game as a season ticket holder as Im relocating to Cornwall;I dont want to remember this occasion with images of fans being abusive and threatening.

Too late for that tone.

Tonight We should give Venkys & Kean Hell but mix it in with chants from the better Prem days...

Remember the good, condemn the bad.

One Jack Walker

Walking in a shearer wonderland

King Kenny is magic

Souness's blue & white army

Andy Cole, Andy Cole

Hughesy, Hughesy.

One Matt Jansen

etc etc

I know why youve said that, Windy. But any pro rovers chants will dilute the true messages.

I think its also important to separate the "Kean Out and Venkys Out" chants.

Sustained chanting, condemning Venkys and Kean, one at a time, would be far more effective.

any1 else found themselves watching youtube videos of blackburn rovers tribute videos etc....

Yes on a constant basis for the past 6 months or so. I've also found myself trying to use cricket as a cure for my rovers nightmare, it has worked slightly, but it isn't working today.

So you don't understand the difference between fans celebrating on the pitch and fans protesting on the pitch?

Don't you dare try and insult my intelligence. You never mentioned celebrating nor protesting, just the fact that going on the pitch got you a criminal record.

Only time I can remember any kind of pitch invasion was at the trophy parade in '95, so not even an actual game. People will just boo a bit and shout naughty things at Kean then walk out with their heads down.

I do hope I'm wrong though.

Don't you dare try and insult my intelligence. You never mentioned celebrating nor protesting, just the fact that going on the pitch got you a criminal record.

So the discussion on here concerns a view held by some there should be a pitch invasion. You mention thousands of fans from other clubs being on the pitch this weekend not being arrested when clearly those fans were celebrating the end of their season. If those same fans were protesting I suspect it would be in the media and a different story.

Ergo all of my comments had to be concerned with a protest on the pitch. Therefore by being extraordinarily picky with my failure to mention either the word celebration or protest I'd suggest you are the one being a touch insulting with the above and the tone of the final line in your original post.

It is indisputably an arrestable offence to go on the pitch and I think carries a three year banning order. It isn't worth it.

I won't be surprised if there is a pitch invasion, perhaps even play stopped, which I don't think will help our cause.

Archived