BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers v Wigan Athletic

• Replies 841
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The last time Rovers scored 6 or more in a league game:

Sunday, 14 October, 2001- Blackburn Rovers 7-1 West Ham.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/1580248.stm

Even under decent managers like Hughes and Allardyce we never thrashed anyone. Does anyone really think our worst manager ever is going to get his team to put 6 past an in form Wigan side?

Cologne were relegated at the weekend following a disastrous season in which promises made by those running the club - about building a strong and competitive side - were recklessly broken. Instead of quality, the team was populated with bargain bin talent. The summer will see the departure of the better players, including the team's leading figure Lukas Podolski (for which the club will at least receive a fee).

This is how their fans reacted.

Disgraceful of course. I'm just saying.

Wow.

The last time Rovers scored 6 or more in a league game:

Sunday, 14 October, 2001- Blackburn Rovers 7-1 West Ham.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/1580248.stm

Even under decent managers like Hughes and Allardyce we never thrashed anyone. Does anyone really think our worst manager ever is going to get his team to put 6 past an in form Wigan side?

We wouldn't need to win by 6, a win by two clear goals today and one clear goal against Chelsea then hope City beat QPR by at least 3 goals and Bolton lose against Stoke.

The last two scenarios are very likely but I don't even see us beating Wigan never mind Chelsea.

Just a point of order on pitch invasions.

These days the police are much more savy about social media and what it takes to get sites like ours to turn over the names/emails of people they consider involved in orchestrating or promoting criminal acts (such as a pitch invasion).

Consider this before posting

(Though I do agree with Paul, whilst I certainly don't condone it and think it would be hugely detrimental. People are so angry today that I could see it happening).

lol. Will never happen.

Just been listening to Sky Sports radio. There was some big noise from a supporters group called Ewood Blues who lives just down the road and he was saying that we should go and beat Wigan 6-0 and then go to Chelsea and win 1-0. Simple really. He didn't want the fans to be booing or chanting, just to cheer on the team.

if the team even went out looking like they where capable and had the fight to win 6-0 id be 100% behind everything brfc, but after 18 months of being let down only the most optimistic could even see us winning by 1 goal never mind 6, sadly.

i think the night will end up being a bit of a damp squid also, im sure every rovers player and staff member will be under strict orders to get of the pitch asap as soon as the halve time and full time whistle goes regardless of result, so chanting as usual will fall on deft ears , whilst protest chanting during game will be treat with the usual distain from the part time supporters and non supporters, lets just hope the media and sky have the profesionalism to stick around to capture the scenes instead of cutting straight back to the studio.

Im Going tonight for the first time in a few games, Breaking my (Kean Boycott) not sure if its to aimlessly shout out my frustrations or just that fact this is probaly our last game at Ewood in this league.

I'm not looking forward to it im pulling out my bottle of whiskey and Keans tactics will probably be the gun that ends it all as we slump to a loss and relegation is well and truely confirmed.

Ive never said C....o..y..blueeeeeaaaugheees with less passion.

if the team even went out looking like they where capable and had the fight to win 6-0 id be 100% behind everything brfc, but after 18 months of being let down only the most optimistic could even see us winning by 1 goal never mind 6, sadly.

i think the night will end up being a bit of a damp squid also, im sure every rovers player and staff member will be under strict orders to get of the pitch asap as soon as the halve time and full time whistle goes regardless of result, so chanting as usual will fall on deft ears, lets just hope the media and sky have the profesionalism to stick around to capture the scenes instead of cutting straight back to the studio.

i think the night will end up being a bit of a damp squid also, im sure every rovers player and staff member will be under strict orders to get of the pitch asap as soon as the halve time and full time whistle goes regardless of result, so chanting as usual will fall on deft ears , whilst ptestints chanting during game will be treat with the usual distain from the part time supporters and non supporters, lets just hope the media and sky have the profesionalism to stick around to capture the scenes instead of cutting straight back to the studio.

We have to beat Wigan by 2 goals then win 1-0 at Chelsea. Bolton need to lose last game.

I am not optimistic by any means but we don't need to win 6-0!

Birdy on SSN! after saying we need to win 6-0, he made some good points.

When back to the studio, Anderson and Kean's bitch, Jim White, said "Dear oh dear. Lets lift the gloom."

Jim White is a ****!

Oh dear, Birdy has been in his own little blinkered world for a while now.

We have to beat Wigan by 2 goals then win 1-0 at Chelsea. Bolton need to lose last game.

I am not optimistic by any means but we don't need to win 6-0!

Assuming Wigan get at least a point from Wolves, then we would need to win both and have a 6 goal swing vs QPR. Oh and hope Bolton don't win and QPR lose too.

Oh dear, Birdy has been in his own little blinkered world for a while now.

Did those lot ever get reimbursed for the Pune trip as they were promised?

Heard a whisper that going with three up front tonight:

Yak, Modeste & Hoilett !!!!

Does Kean just write down formations on little pieces of paper, put them in a bowl, swish his hand around inside and draw out the winner?

Gutted I can't be there tonight for the last home game. Unfortunately am stuck in London revising for law exams, but will take a break to watch the game. Give that bald ###### hell.

Also, no idea if they have access to this board, but due to financial constraints I wont be renewing my season ticket for next season, so to the lovely Welsh lady (never got your name) and family who sit next to me in Blackburn End N03 row 9 seats 97, was lovely meeting you all.

God dammit we better get a win tonight.

Heard a whisper that going with three up front tonight:

Yak, Modeste & Hoilett !!!!

BBC Radio Five Live just said the same, but said one of the Olsson twins (Marcus surely?) being one of the three.

So probably a 4-3-3 if correct?

Rovers going all gung-ho but that should play into Wigan's hands, they have been killing sides in recent weeks on the counter.

Archived