BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steve Kean's Future Set To Be Discussed

Interesting.

It is understood that have asked whether Anderson himself – Kean’s agent – drew up Kean’s managerial contract while he was still closely advising the owners, as well as for details about Kean’s drink driving case.

News of that was overshadowed slightly by the coincidental timing on exactly the same day – 17 May 2011 – of a report dealing with another Ewood Park story.

Does this bit hint that someone planted the Givet article to deflect from the drink drive conviction?

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Marcus Olsson was just brought in to prevent Martin Olsson leave.

Isn't Rovers looking more like Coventry.....Andy Thorn and Steve Kean, both are "YES" man!

I feel sorry for Coventry supporters as for our supporters.

Venkys are the massive problem in the club really!!!

The manager must have full control over transfers and not some director of club!

I wonder how many of the club signings since last summer Kean wanted??? Dann? Orr? and maybe Marcus Olsson.

Martin says to vinny "my brothers a good player ,sign him!" vinny says "ok yaa" easy as that !

I would say unbelievable, but with this lot it's not.

They are playing computer games with our club.

There's no decent manager ever going to put up with that rubbish. They have to go...

Are they picking the team too?

Baz you might be onto something there about picking the team because don't forget there was the rumour flying around Kean was given a budget with which he could pick players hence why Rochina & Vucevic were never brought on. But more importantly a picture is beginning to piece itself together get rid/marginalize the important football people JW,Big Sam who know which players are right for the club and do all your scouting via wikipedia, Fans opinions, F.Manager etc. etc... hence why no self respecting manager would ever work for these clowns and any self respecting manager would have walked out after the Pavone fiasco and having the scottish wayne rooney forced on him but have to say none of this surprises me with the decisions they have made in the 2 years they have been here them & the clown should be shot from the nearest lampost!.

If he is back at work today, i have no doubts we will be hearing from him this week. He won't be able to not run his mouth to some media outlet somewhere.

Surely Andy Cryer should be on the case right now trying to get hold of him if he's back at Brockhall/Ewood today?

I think through Andy Cryer is the only way we are going to hear from him from now on. Nobody cares what Championship managers have to say. The only Rovers stories we are going to hear about in the national media are the really big ones.

I think through Andy Cryer is the only way we are going to hear from him from now on. Nobody cares what Championship managers have to say. The only Rovers stories we are going to hear about in the national media are the really big ones.

Actually I would love Andy Cryer and the LT to arrange to give Kean the time of day interviewer to interviewee and then pull out last minute. Then rent-a-gob might get desperate to have his voice heard, which strangely enough might be beneficial to the greater cause...

Don't like the timing of the story, although it does come from fans apparently.. sounds like a Kean sympathy vote prior to the release of the whole Kean is staying lark.. maybe I am just getting synical in my old age. Whatever the case these muppets have to go and soon...

• Backroom

If you knew the Identity of one of the fans Vineeth spoke to on Facebook it gets worse.

I won't name him but the blokes clueless IMO.

Gauging fan opinion is good, but making your decisions based on fan opinion isn't. It's why you employ experienced football professionals to manage the club because they know how to spot the right talent and they know whether or not that person can integrate well into the team, tactics and formation. For me, this is just more evidence that the club is being run cluelessly and the people that Venky's appointed to manage the club have failed them and have possibly done a worse job than Kean (Karen Silk aside maybe), if that's even possible.

It is obvious that the Raos cannot spend a lot of attention on the club and the people they have appointed to run the club have failed them and provided poor advice. What's worse is that they are all trying to get their voice heard first and not making decisions as a team, thus creating chaos and confusion.

Venky's have a lot of things to sort out and having got rid of all the experienced staff and players, a massive overhaul of management and playing staff is now required to restore even the slightest degree of normalcy to the club. That's going to require a lot of money and a lot of negotiating with people who will be very cautious of taking a role at the club.

I think the interesting things to note from the conversations are:

1. Simon V Was highlighted by one of the supporters and signed,

2. Benjani's contract was determined with a simple "Do you think he should get a new deal?" Answer No, "Ok then"

3. How the Phil Jones money would be paid

4. Asking for a detailed list of young players under £3 million to be sent by email so he can get the scouts working on them

5. Saying he would look into O'Neill as a Kean replacement (Recommended by supporter)

6. 2 players discussed during January with another supporter was Baird and A Johnson

We was gonna put this info out earlier in year, and clubs response was:

Glen,

Thank you for allowing Vineeth the opportunity to respond to your blog in advance. He has asked me to respond to you on his behalf.

We are a little disappointed that the details of a private conversation are to be shared. Vineeth, in good faith, was merely offering a supporter a little glimpse of the club when there is criticism in some quarters for our limited communication with fans.

In football, things move very quickly so a lot of this may be deemed irrelevant.

Best wishes,

Vineeth

I think the interesting things to note from the conversations are:

1. Simon V Was highlighted by one of the supporters and signed,

2. Benjani's contract was determined with a simple "Do you think he should get a new deal?" Answer No, "Ok then"

3. How the Phil Jones money would be paid

4. Asking for a detailed list of young players under £3 million to be sent by email so he can get the scouts working on them

5. Saying he would look into O'Neill as a Kean replacement (Recommended by supporter)

6. 2 players discussed during January with another supporter was Baird and A Johnson

We was gonna put this info out earlier in year, and clubs response was:

Glen,

Thank you for allowing Vineeth the opportunity to respond to your blog in advance. He has asked me to respond to you on his behalf.

We are a little disappointed that the details of a private conversation are to be shared. Vineeth, in good faith, was merely offering a supporter a little glimpse of the club when there is criticism in some quarters for our limited communication with fans.

In football, things move very quickly so a lot of this may be deemed irrelevant.

Best wishes,

Vineeth

Sorry about the previous post, dont know what happened.

Just how much privacy can you expect on a social network. I would have thought not very much.

If their intent was to communicate with fans then surely the more fans they talk to the better. Limiting it to a symbolic private group of fans just highlights how lacking they are in business skills from the board all the way "down" to the top. Surely Agnew wouldnt have allowed Vinny to do this.

Surely it cant go on much longer.

Tassie

After reading this, I'm more convinced that ever that Kean is a worthless person with not a single shred of pride.

I'm pretty sure that if a manager gets a signing forced down his throat,half of them will resign and the other half will be unhappy but stay. Kean is the only one i know who would sing praises about such signings.

Usual posturing to ensure we get maximum value when they are "regretably" sold.

It is an interesting gambit by the Venky's - which could rebound on Steve Kean - I can't imagine players like Nzonzi keeping quiet about the current regime if he is denied his move back to the Premiership.

It beggers belief, the situation just gets worse, we really are being run by idiots from top to bottom, if the Football League allow these clowns to carry on, the heiarchy should resign and get a new set of administrators in!!!

Archived