BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Derek Shaw - Appointed Managing Director

I'm slightly please they have started to rebuilding a management structure - albeit with suspect personell - but a management structure non the less.

It appears the culture in Venkys is to appoint one person to run a business. You don't change culture overnight and you don't change the way you have always operated your business for one small part of that business. (Particularly one you do not appear interested in)

It now seems that Singh is the front man and contact for the Venkys (what has happened to Vineath Rao). They have obviously been advised to start a charm offensive to try to deflect the good work done by BRFC Action Group and BRSIT and Singh has gone into it with all guns blazing. Time will tell what the promises turn into but if past performance is anything to go by nothing will happen. (Bear in mind as a pundit he is used to giving opinions but not actually doing anything). I wonder who is advising Singh on PR?

It doesn't really matter who they appoint in the administration roles because they will not do anything or have any influence. I would like to know who has written the job descriptions for Global Advisor, Managing Director and Operations Director and what they say and why the General Manager post is now deemed redundant after one month. This new structure is just a sham to appease the football authorities. (It is strange that following fans meetings with the FA, Premier League and an upcomimg meeting with the Football League this new structure suddenly appears). As Bob said above they can now admit to being naive but then say look we have taken steps to improve things so we are good boys now you can leave us alone.

Shaw's rapid appointment (without any apparent attempt to test the job market, just like when appointing Agnew) looks like a move by Agnew/Kean to cement their power base at Ewood and we are probably moving towards a power struggle between them and Singh. All this will be detrimental to a club that is already suffering from incompetence, ignorance, inexperience, infighting et al.

Singh will want to do one thing and Kean will go running to his mummy to complain etc. etc. (Just like the Christmas spat between Hunt and Kean) we all know which side she will take.

Against this background players return next week with no doubt a significant number of our better players wanting to leave. The scene is set for fireworks. No doubt the player's agents will have spent the last few weeks lining up deals for their players (Yaks disappearance went almost unnoticed) so they are not going to come back and change their minds, especialy as they know all about Kean. The only players we will be left with are the ones nobody else wants (Goodwillie, Anderson, Petrovic etc.) and a bunch on youngsters. Add to this mix a group of ageing players who will see Rovers as their last big payday.

So we wil have a mixed bag of a squad 'managed' by an incompetent no-hoper and an administration function concentrating on in-fighting and points scoring.

What does all this mean. Time will tell but I think most fans already know which way this club will be going in the coming season

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shaw was seen as an incompetent buffoon by the nobenders. I can hear them in hysterics from here.

As den says, we had the best administrators in the game, look at the smalltime club we now are.

I am LIVID!

A great summation, Matty. Shaw talks in riddles too.. him and the K*** will get on famously!

Tragic stuff aint, Venkys are so far up their own backsides its unbelievable. On the off-chance there is a heaven and the very off-chance they get into it, I can imagine them walking up to God and saying "You've done a good job but I'm afraid we didn't appoint you so goodbye, our advisors tell us there's a guy with horns and a pitchfork who's very experienced and will do an excellent job."

Still, I guess it all looks a lot better to the powers that be, Rovers now have something resembling a proper structure. Doesn't look so bad now does it? All a bit easier to explain away! It wasn't so hard was it?

And that's all it's about and done on the cheap. Needless to say anyone in a position of power, real or imaginary, at Rovers is in the Kean camp. Same sh1t different day.

Indeed GAV, I'm sure Williams and Finn crossed paths with the likes of Degsy Shaw over the years, never in their wildest dreams would they have thought such small time operators would be soon holding court in their offices.

It's like the last 20 years never happened.

It's like the last 20 years never happened.

It's gone, never to be recovered - all inside 20 months. Last time we were relegated, thanks to Jack we kept the squad and the club structure intact. I'm afraid that this time we've lost everything. We're back to where we were in the old second/third division days. The chances of us making it back into the PL are minimal - and if we ever do get back we'll be absolute favourites to come straight back down again.

20 months ago we were very well run and had all the experience at the club to maintain that for some time yet, we were stable. The Raos had the wherewithall to extend that Premier League stay even longer than we could have hoped for. Unfortunately their arrogance, coupled with their refusal to listen to anyone who wanted to help them has absolutely destroyed what Jack had built.

I will never forget what Venky's, Anderson and Kean have done to this club. Never.

It's gone, never to be recovered - all inside 20 months. Last time we were relegated, thanks to Jack we kept the squad and the club structure intact. I'm afraid that this time we've lost everything. We're back to where we were in the old second/third division days. The chances of us making it back into the PL are minimal - and if we ever do get back we'll be absolute favourites to come straight back down again.

20 months ago we were very well run and had all the experience at the club to maintain that for some time yet, we were stable. The Raos had the wherewithall to extend that Premier League stay even longer than we could have hoped for. Unfortunately their arrogance, coupled with their refusal to listen to anyone who wanted to help them has absolutely destroyed what Jack had built.

I will never forget what Venky's, Anderson and Kean have done to this club. Never.

Agree 100% there was absolutely no need to do what they did apart from a big payday for Andersons crew!!

Same, the damage is done for me – the feeling of them (Kean/Venkys) in charge of the club makes me feel uneasy.

Just seeing or hearing from Kean and the Rao family gets me so angry.

Really don’t care if we have signed Danny Murphy or some random Portuguese players, it does not make up for anything - my care factor over football matters is minimal these days.

What I do care about is the club being treated and run with the respect it deserves.

I agree entirely with the above sentiment and simply can't understand the "Shebby talks a lot of sense", "Maybe they're learning" brigade. Venky's, Kean and their cronies have completely polluted our club and destroyed everything that we loved about it. Apart from some terrific fans, the club is now utterly soul-less and corrupt.

It really is heart-breaking.

Ours Rovers fans everywhere moment of truth

I read somewhere (LET comments I think) that what Venkys have done is beyond the wildest dreams of even the most ardent Burnley fan.

Well not quite but by god they are doing their best to make that statement true.

unfortunately it is probably true Longsiders.

You pay peanuts you get monkeys, simple as that.

Whats Kean earning from Rovers somehwere reportedly around £1.3m per year plus other added bonuses like the alleged 500 k the other week. The only monkeys to me are the ones that pay regularly into it the English football industry.

Looks like Shaw is another deluded one who thinks Kean is wonderful :

http://www.lancashir...Rovers/?ref=twt

From this article, feck knows what he and Agnew are going to do !?!?

Note the words carefully. He only said he was impressed with the hour keans has put in with regards the squad and to Murphy. I still believe Kean is on borrowed time. It will be down to the new management structure to make the call.

What interests me most about the above LT article is this:

"I will be very involved in speaking to the owners and the day-to-day decisions and very involved in working with the non-football management."- Derek Shaw

Shebby Singh in his interview with the LT:

"Singh has described himself as “the eyes and ears” for Venky’s and insists he has the jurisdiction to make big decisions - something that has been lacking at the club in the past."

Source: http://www.lancashir...ckburn_Rovers/.

Am I the only person who sees a problem/potential for conflict here?

Archived