BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] GAME THREAD - Ipswich Town Away 12/13

m1st

Have to say go to lot of games and everyone speak to in the ground, pubs, etc hates Kean and wants him gone bar none. Yet elsewhere seems to be flash points of "sympathisers". Maybe I look unapproachable for civilised debate. But does anyone know WHY these minority of people don't like Kean out chants.

I refuse to believe any exist until I see one in person but surely if anyone wants what's best for rovers it must include getting Kean out by any means.

• Replies 554
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree, fans should not be attacking/offending the same fans, not Glens biggest fan but you can't knock his love and dedication for Rovers and we should all be a one when following the team away.For Kean to blame bookings for the result instead of his tactically inept proception of todays game is mine and yours guess?

We played Ipswich and he blamed bookings for the result which adds to the proof in the pudding that the guy is a fraud.

Some observations from Portman Road today.

1. We were very lucky to escape with a point. Ipswich missed 2 easy chances in the second half.

2. Rovers played well in the 1st half and made Ipswich look very ordinary. Then instead of going for a 2nd goal we sat back as usual and invited Ipswich to attack. Why does kean continue to do this ?

3. Richards looks a good signing and Murphy and Etuhu give much needed protection to the back 4 but generally Rovers look an old and tired team.

4. Why was Gomez signed except to fill a shirt ? He offered nothing. Same applies to Formica - absolutely no attacking threat.

5. Givet and Dann had good games but Lowe is not a left back. If Olsson is leaving we need a new No 3.

6. The fans were out in force and in fantastic form for 90 minutes - great support. The away fans love MGP unlike some of the twits on here and at Ewood.

7. Kean Out chants were to be heard early on and then with some venom for the last 15 mins as Rovers went from bad to worse. He was roundly booed as he took the field at the beginning of each half.

To sum up, this Rovers team will probabaly end up in mid-table with or without Kean. It's a very average side.

And it is was bloody hot - more than 32C (90F), too hot.

Cheers for review pal, sounds like an honest one. :-)

Some comments from Ipswich fans -

- Blackburn very poor! They're gonna get battered by some teams if they play like that every week! Welcome to the Championship!

- After watchin brfc today I hav 2 say they will defo b in the relegation mix again! Such a bad team! They were playin against kids.

- We thought Ipswich completely dominated second half. Blackburn hardly had the ball.

- No wonder Blackburn were relegated last season. They were sh*t, it was all Ipswich. We deserved three points but I'll take one, if Blackburn won it would've been a travesty.

- Blackburn were dire and the goal we conceded was outrageously poor.

- Blackburn not only came for a draw, they appeared to come for a 0-0 draw. They had no intention of trying to win the game and got a goal via the only route they were ever going to.

- Blackburn were strangely negative, I can see why their fans don`t like Kean.

- I have to agree with the general consensus; Blackburn were useless.

- I thought Blackburn showed that even a poor Premier League team can defend better and retain possession better than anyone in the Championship. For all the fear about Murphy displayed on here last week, he barely moved 10 metres from the centre circle in the first half and was even deeper in the second.

Here are the goals - Liked Kazim's celebration.....I blame Kean for the dropped points, not Lowe, but he should go with his left foot there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lf1q1XNjrB8&feature=player_embedded

Jim - Pedersen was abused by our travelling fans a few times last season even when he approached to appluad them

Must be the same numbskulls as on here - didn't hear any today.

Watching championship now and I am having nightmares that Burnley might actully smash us this season. :-0

Burnley are young and eager - everything out team is not. They'll beat us easily.

Welcome back to the World of 20 second highlights! in this case it's probably a good thing. Although I suppose it's just the same as being on at the end of MoTD, without having to listen to Hansen and co beforehand

Watching championship now and I am having nightmares that Burnley might actully smash us this season. :-0

They will this season sadly but coco will have to walk on and off the pitch past the visitng section, that could be interesting.

Have to say go to lot of games and everyone speak to in the ground, pubs, etc hates Kean and wants him gone bar none. Yet elsewhere seems to be flash points of "sympathisers". Maybe I look unapproachable for civilised debate. But does anyone know WHY these minority of people don't like Kean out chants.

I refuse to believe any exist until I see one in person but surely if anyone wants what's best for rovers it must include getting Kean out by any means.

Makes you wonder if dark forces are at work somewhere from you know who and some of these trying to start trouble are not planted there to target certain groups or individuals. Would not suprise me in the least with the vermin thats inside the club these days.

ive just come in from a day out and to see what the score was i went on the bbc, there was an image of andy carrol, a celtic player, an arsenal player and steve kean. what's this im thinking, rovers posted a cricket score or received one? no, 1 each!!

• Backroom

"Whatever comments are made off the field, we do wer talking on the pitch" aye, whatever you say :@

:lol:

Apparently we wanted to tell the world we're a terrible footballing team. Try another cliché, Keano.

Not long got back, was good atmosphere from travelling support, everyone got behind the team, although our day was ruined by 2 jokers from Derby who gave the , we are biiger fans than you line. After abusing 2 supporters behind me who had been season ticket holders for 40 years, they then started pulling Mark Fish around by his T-shirt, numerous people asked them to calm down and watch the game. They stated VENKYS owe no-one nothing, They contiuned thier abuse and I told them children were present as is my wife who is pregnant. They didnt want to know they wanted to continue abusing. The stewards came up, can't believe there was not one single police officer on duty in the ground. The stewards watched things unravel and called for more stewards as these guys were obviously looking to hurt someone.

After been asked to leave they continued to get physical and then lunged at my wife who was holding isabelle, and knocked her flying causing both my wife and daughter to become severely distressed, and needed taking down staisr by the stewards. My daughter was sobbing and this behavour is just discusting and un-called for and has no place in football.

I dont care how many games these guys goto or how many miles they cover, Blackburn rovers does not need supporters who wish to try and bully other supporters. Have an opinion yes, but tattack people to enforce it is beyond the joke

The game itself, went pear shaped after the changes, Kazim looked good,whilst I thought Givert and Dann had oustanding games. However Ipswich were very poor and if thats the standard of the championship, then its certainly gone doown hill since we was last in it

Think you did well not to react majorly Glen. I don't care what people say or do to me but if it affects my daughter that's a different matter.

Club should be able to identify them easily enough. Not going to be too many derby based rovers fans I guess.

Not long got back, was good atmosphere from travelling support, everyone got behind the team, although our day was ruined by 2 jokers from Derby who gave the , we are biiger fans than you line. After abusing 2 supporters behind me who had been season ticket holders for 40 years, they teh started pulling Mark Fish around by his T-shirt, numerous people asked them to calm down and watch the game. The stated VENKYS owe no-one nothing, They contiuned thier abuse and I told them children were present as is my wife who is pregnant. They didnt want to know they wanted to continue abusing. The stewards came up, can't believe there was not on esignle police officer on duty in the ground. The stewards watched things unravel and called for more stewards as these guys were obviously looking to hurt someone.

After been asked to leave they continue to get physical and then lunged at my wife who was holding isabelle, and knocked her flying causing both my wife and daughter severely distressed, and needed taking down stair by the stewards. My daughter was sobbing and this behavour is just discusting and un-called for an has no place in football.

I dont care how many games these guys goto or how many miles they cover, Blackburn rovers doe snot need supporters who wish to try and bully other supporters. Have an opinion yes, but attack people to enforce it.

Just goes to show the mentality of people who back Steve Kean. Sorry to hear about your run in Glen, I hope you press charges. I would if they'd done that to my family.

Just goes to show the mentality of people who back Steve Kean. Sorry to hear about your run in Glen, I hope you press charges. I would if they'd done that to my family.

We should all have a little word with these two.

The game itself, went pear shaped after the changes, Kazim looked good,whilst I thought Givert and Dann had oustanding games. However Ipswich were very poor and if thats the standard of the championship, then its certainly gone doown hill since we was last in it

Firstly I echo the above comments about your daughter etc, secondly, feedback from DE4LIFE and Ipswich fans suggests they had an off day.....some of their fans say they dominated, most point out that they had possession but it wasn't possession with intent and they couldn't carve out many chances. Also, Ipswich probably won't come top half and there will much harder games on paper than them to come.

Pitty said Watching championship now and I am having nightmares that Burnley might actully smash us this season

Your not the only one having nightmares about playing them I only hope by the time we come to that game the clown has his P45 and we have someone professional to setup our defence to keep clean sheets.

I agree with a previous poster why do we attack 1st half score then sit back 2nd half they were always gonna eventually equalise how the clown can't see we need to push up and defend higher up the pitch shows his deficiencies I do think though between Dann & Lowe that goal could easily been avoided however I can't be too harsh on Lowe he is after all being played out of position and the OG was unfortunate the one thing that worries the hell out of me is we are going for another striker but in defence that's where our money should be spent Lowe is not an authodox LB and Dann at CB is our weak link we should really be going for 1 LB & 1 CB as I feel between Gomes, Richards, Best when fit and even Rochina we will score goals the problem is our defence is unable to keep clean sheets & conceding after 83 mins is just not good enough.

Glen I was sorry to hear of the trouble you and your wife endured I echo the previous posters comments I would take it further with the police I hope everything is ok with you your wife and the baby I hope everything goes well,

Archived