BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] GAME THREAD - Ipswich Town Away 12/13

m1st

just got back

Robbo .... solid, did nothing wrong, kicking weren't upto much, but had no real targets, shudda been playing it on the floor

Orr ... OK...got a few boos early on, didn't do much wrong

Dann... one of his better games defensively i thought but still thinks he's franz beckenbauer, yet can't pass.

Givet... Solid as ever

Lowe... NOT A LEFT BACK

Formica... terrible can't remember anything he did well, barely in game, no pace, looked unfit.

Pederesen... See above, really felt for him today got good support from fans yet a couple of free kicks aside looked very very poor, needed to come off

Murphy ... Good in parts can see he's class, tried hollywood passes one to many times which weren't coming off. yet had nothing out wide to find, and no forwards with enough pace to run in behind.

Etuhu... decent in the tackle and nicking the ball, but very poor passing at times, think he'll be good though.

Gomes... Looked slow, very slow and don't know what coco is thinking of playing him in the hole, needs if anywhere to be in the box.

Richards... Our best player i thought, strong pacey, rarely lost the ball and got his goal...looked genuinely up for it.

Rovers fans were great.. a few kean out chants(not enough really) but properly got behind the team......Ipswich were poor and with any proper football manager we would have won today....hopefully bala took note and does right thing before its too late.

• Replies 554
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let me get this right Kean is saying we drew because Murphy and etuhu got booked, That is a first I have ever heard, how many more excuses can this guy make. Maybe he could say Jason Lowe was itching his arse and thinking of gay bum sex when ipswich equalised. Just a thought.

lol

Spot on mate, if he was that bothered about their bookings why didn't he sub them/sub murphy earlier and have a go at scoring another with players that weren't on yellows. Total BS innit, if we had the ball and were attacking they both woud be less likely to commit fouls and potentially be booked again. Instead of inviting pressure while everyone except him can see they will score in a minute, same every time we took a lead last season, its like chuffin groundhog day. Punxatawny Steve pops his head out twitches a bit and we listen to the same old bilge every game.

What would he have done if all 10 outfield players were on a yellow... got them to stand on each others shoulders and build a human wall on our own goal line.

a few thoughts on the game.

just because a player/s get booked you cannot back off and not press the ball, yes keep on your feet and do not dive in, but press the ball at all times.

It look like we are back to the long goal kicks etc, what is the point of getting Murphy in amd them by passing midfield, we should be playing through it not over it.

its fine have one or two players who can play in a number of postions, however by and large play players in there correct places its not rocket science.

When winning do not take your foot of the gas, keep the ball and let the other team run around chasing the game. Of all the things that we do not do as a team is keep the ball and until we learn to do so, we will always be under pressure.

Utterly depressing to watch this dross. The ball was given away for fun and there was absolutely nothing played through midfield. The distribution out of defence was appalling - Dann and Givet kick the ball anywhere and aimlessly. The fullbacks were runn ragged when Ipswich realised - rather late - just how useless they both are. There is no movement in midfield and I've seen grandads with more pace than Formica and Pedersen. Gomes is largely static and there a riduculous gap between him and K-R (whose performance was just about the only redeeming feature of the entire match). Virtually no chances were created against one of weakest defences in this league. How bad is Orr - I saw better defenders in the Women's Olympics teams. There is no evidence whatsoever that Kean has improved this team and, on this evidence, I cannot imagine what they spend their time doing at training. This performance was a shapeless mess with pace anywhere in the team except for K-R. Kean seems to recognise this because the ONLY tactic was to lump balls in his direction and then let him get on with it on his own. If Kean survives beyond September I can only think he must have something very sinister going on with the Witch.

a few thoughts on the game.

When winning do not take your foot of the gas, keep the ball and let the other team run around chasing the game. Of all the things that we do not do as a team is keep the ball and until we learn to do so, we will always be under pressure.

Can you do me a favour and tell egg head kean them simple to know tactics, which you would tell your ten year old son if you had one.

lol

Spot on mate, if he was that bothered about their bookings why didn't he sub them/sub murphy earlier and have a go at scoring another with players that weren't on yellows. Total BS innit, if we had the ball and were attacking they both woud be less likely to commit fouls and potentially be booked again. Instead of inviting pressure while everyone except him can see they will score in a minute, same every time we took a lead last season, its like chuffin groundhog day. Punxatawny Steve pops his head out twitches a bit and we listen to the same old bilge every game.

What would he have done if all 10 outfield players were on a yellow... got them to stand on each others shoulders and build a human wall on our own goal line.

totally agree pal +1

The trouble with saying we have a squad that can get out of the championship is that is doesn't confirm which way. There are two ways out, after all.

I haven't followed the championship much for a while (as we've not been in it) and I haven't seen a lot of our current playing staff much (even though prior to this season I have been a season ticket holder for years - we have a lot of relative newcomers and inexperienced kids). I find that worrying as dropping from the prem we would hopefully have a squad of prem experience (and class) that would help us bounce back, but we don't, we just predominantly new relative new faces and young lads.

Of course that ignores the elephant in the room, who is an obvious anchor to our prospects...

We were dire, as were the two Rovers fans numpties ( from Derby !!) who tried to start fights with those many fans chanting Kean out and then with Glen McMullen because " he was not a real fan, and is the cause of all our problems". Go forth......

Is that Glen Mullen's scottish cousin???

• Backroom

Is that Glen Mullen's scottish cousin???

Does glen Mullen know glen Mullan?

Saw some idiot on Facebook basically threatening Glen at the Leeds game, dislike him if you will but this sort of thing is pathetic

Well that was a gruelling 10 hour journey. Good mix of supporting the team well and Kean out stuff. Perhaps personally I would have liked a little bit more Kean out as he has proved once again the root of the problems.

On the pitch it's like groundhog day poorly organised at the back, defend too deep and unable to keep a clean sheet, give the ball away constantly a general lack of fitness and substitutions that make things a little worse for us.

• Backroom

Today listening to the radio, its sounds like we lack pace in wide areas. Dont know why Nunes wasn't on the bench today. Still think we lack a winger with pace, someone like Adomah from Bristol City who has experience of the championship.

Chaddy, we lack pace EVERYWHERE. We don't need it so much in defence, but we didn't have a single pacy player in midfield or attack today. This is a massive problem with a team as uncreative as we are - sometimes a player with pace can create something out of nothing (see Hoilett last season), a slow player very often can't.

Does glen Mullen know glen Mullan?

Saw some idiot on Facebook basically threatening Glen at the Leeds game, dislike him if you will but this sort of thing is pathetic

Yeah but these two clowns (Derby lads) are THE most dedicated Rovers fans ever. "been to every home & away game" line. Everyone including me who didn't agree with them was a c***!

They even started on Glen even though is 3yr old daughter was right next to him.

Pair of immature, can't handle the beer no marks.

Go follow Derby soft lads.

We were dire, as were the two Rovers fans numpties ( from Derby !!) who tried to start fights with those many fans chanting Kean out and then with Glen McMullen because " he was not a real fan, and is the cause of all our problems". Go forth......

A couple of little chavs who think there the next mike Tyson jeeez. I would have nutted em.

I'm still in Ipswich, the beer festival was very good. Rovers have no pace or legs in midfield.

Amazingly it appears there are still some morons who believe kean is doing ok and deserves more time.

I had a row with a fella from ewood blues. Him and his son threatened me when I shouted kean out! ??

Proud to follow the rovers today. 1062 is a staggering number. The support was incredible. As was keans p45 banner.

Keep the faith.

Some observations from Portman Road today.

1. We were very lucky to escape with a point. Ipswich missed 2 easy chances in the second half.

2. Rovers played well in the 1st half and made Ipswich look very ordinary. Then instead of going for a 2nd goal we sat back as usual and invited Ipswich to attack. Why does kean continue to do this ?

3. Richards looks a good signing and Murphy and Etuhu give much needed protection to the back 4 but generally Rovers look an old and tired team.

4. Why was Gomez signed except to fill a shirt ? He offered nothing. Same applies to Formica - absolutely no attacking threat.

5. Givet and Dann had good games but Lowe is not a left back. If Olsson is leaving we need a new No 3.

6. The fans were out in force and in fantastic form for 90 minutes - great support. The away fans love MGP unlike some of the twits on here and at Ewood.

7. Kean Out chants were to be heard early on and then with some venom for the last 15 mins as Rovers went from bad to worse. He was roundly booed as he took the field at the beginning of each half.

To sum up, this Rovers team will probabaly end up in mid-table with or without Kean. It's a very average side.

And it is was bloody hot - more than 32C (90F), too hot.

I'm from Hereford and do a 7 hour round trip to home games. Try not to use the fact they're from Derby to slate them, maybe just that they appear to have been behaving like knobheads.

They were the ones being all precious about dedication. When I pointed out I'd been following Rovers since 83, one replied he wasn't even born then. Enough said.

2. Rovers played well in the 1st half and made Ipswich look very ordinary. Then instead of going for a 2nd goal we sat back as usual and invited Ipswich to attack. Why does kean continue to do this ?

Because Kean doesn't know what the (Please don't use that word again) he is doing.

Archived