BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] GAME THREAD - Ipswich Town Away 12/13

m1st

Admittedly the heat was a factor as Ipswich had a very young side out and some of our players simply wilted in the second-half.

That is not an excuse that is a villification. We have a coach masquerading as manager who by the sound of it does not possess the coaching ability to get his players fit for a 2nd div match. Small wonder we were relegated from the 1st Div.

Kean Out !!!!

A close season as been totally wasted , a new manager should have been employed in may ...Given the close season to get the deadwood out ( my god there is plenty}..

Now , we have more of Keans crap signings , it is so obvious that the guy is totally clueless !

My only consolation is that it is not my money that he is spewing.

• Replies 554
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Should of had Formica playing behind Kazim, Nunes and Vukcevic on the wings, Givet left back and played Hanley with Dann

Unfortunately andy that would have seen our best centre half by an absolute country mile playing out of position! Post the Samba, Nelsen, jones era we can't afford Givet 'filling in' at left back just so we can accomodate two inferior centre halves...... it's a key position.

Unfortunately andy that would have seen our best centre half by an absolute country mile playing out of position! Post the Samba, Nelsen, jones era we can't afford Givet 'filling in' at left back just so we can accomodate two inferior centre halves...... it's a key position.

Agreed, there was nothing wrong with the back line yesterday apart from not having someone to replace Salgado.

It's the playing of players like Pedersen as starters (Pedersen would be decent as a sub for me) and players like Formica out of position. Then bringing on Dunn out of position when he's got another striker on the bench. It's not as if Ipswich were brilliant.

The man's got no vision, no plan B (and his plan A is crap to begin with) and it seems keeping his players fit is a chore. As I said elsewhere he's an amateur and the equivalent of plucking a man off the street to manage the team. The average fan could do a better job.

As for Rovers can't see a heavy beating, maybe go one up before disastrous ht team talk and substitutions, spend 45 mins trying to cling on ans ultimately lose 2-1.

Sound familiar?

Enjoy balaji you n0nce.

Givets last gasp intervention apart pretty much got it right.

Anyone would think I was a genius, hardly.

Just know something about the game unlike kean shebby agnew and the entire population of India.

As for Hull at home, Tigers will go a goal up, cue anti venkean chanting meaning the removal of 50% of the Rovers supporters from the ground.

Rovers improve a bit after HT, huff and puff but cannot break a well drilled Hull defence. Rovers may concede another late on.

Why should we expect any different.

The problem is - this sounded more like a continuation of the problems we saw last season.

That's exactly what it was, players out of position, poor tactics, poor game plan and inability to turn a game around when under pressure.

Decent first half, horrible second half where we were just waiting for them to score, it was obvious it would happen.

We just gave them the incentive, gave them space and dropped deeper and deeper as the half wore on, coupled with not being able to string three passes together when we did get the ball. If we had played another five minutes we would have lost.

Ipswich had such a young side out they looked like a youth team and lacking in confidence in the first half.

We should have been capable of finishing them off in the first half.

Agreed, there was nothing wrong with the back line yesterday

How many crosses did Lowe concede in that second half?

He's nowhere near good enough as a left back.

I agree with what your saying but i just dont rate Lowe at all... Is Martin Olsson actually injured or is he just refusing to play ?

I have to agree here, I just can't see what Lowe offers to be honest. Yes he came through the youth system and he works hard but I struggle to see anything beyond him "plugging a gap". I've always been more impressed with what I've seen from Henley who is actually a full back.

That's exactly what it was, players out of position, poor tactics, poor game plan and inability to turn a game around when under pressure.

Decent first half, horrible second half where we were just waiting for them to score, it was obvious it would happen.

We just gave them the incentive, gave them space and dropped deeper and deeper as the half wore on, coupled with not being able to string three passes together when we did get the ball. If we had played another five minutes we would have lost.

Ipswich had such a young side out they looked like a youth team and lacking in confidence in the first half.

We should have been capable of finishing them off in the first half.

How many crosses did Lowe concede in that second half?

He's nowhere near good enough as a left back.

I missed out that we could have had Olsson on the left. I meant we had the personnel to deal with it, though I'd have rather had a replacement for Salgado too. But my real point was that I don't think the back line was our problem yesterday.

Sounds like were useless again for the large part. Surprise, surprise.

As for Jason Lowe, I get the impression that Kean plays him because he's cheap and so that he can say that he has discovered these young gems and how great he is at discovering you talent to the owners.

Just back from Ipswich and all almighty session on the beers...

Game low on quality, not many chances at all - don't think you can read much, either way, into first games of the season IMO. Was a very hot day too.

Dann looked more solid, Givet outstanding and CZR impressive.

Kean just sits on the bench like a lemon, Colin Hendry looks out of place too.

I missed out that we could have had Olsson on the left. I meant we had the personnel to deal with it, though I'd have rather had a replacement for Salgado too. But my real point was that I don't think the back line was our problem yesterday.

I don't think the back four is the problem either. The midfield didn't do enough to protect them last season. I thought Murphy and Etuhu would be better this season but we've still got lightweights out wide and up front. The defence should start with the strikers closing down their back four, but we don't work hard enough anywhere on the pitch. Until we do we'll struggle.

So basically it was just the same as last season? A decent first half and a second where we tried to defend our lead and failing, with the "manager" once again unable to change the game once it swung in the opponents' direction? When will people understand? It's just not about kean's awful personality, he just doesn't have what it takes!

The problem is - this sounded more like a continuation of the problems we saw last season.

Made the effort to watch the 'highlights' on BBC's Football League Show last night. Not for the first time found Kean's post match comments hard to believe, but I think he surpassed himself last night. So much so I waited till today when it's on iplayer and I could make sure I wasn't misquoting........ first thing in his comments was

This has happened to us before

Might be an interesting avenue for someone to pursue. Is the pressure starting to tell (we can but hope)?

Can't comment on specifics as I'm not in the country, nor in the permission to watch any highlights but a draw away from home is a decent first game of the season for anyone not nailed on for promotion. And I don't know of anyone who is. Best result out of all the newly promoted teams, new boy scoring and own goals are obviously unfortunate. I'm guessing with all things considered the fans are relatively... appalled, no doubt.

When I went to the Everton away game last season, I was sat with the Everton fans (got my mates season ticket for free being from Liverpool), all the Everton seemed confused on how we could be one of the worst teams in the league. All seemed sure we wouldn't go down because there was "worse" teams than us in the league. The point is maybe there was worse teams but they had organised managers who had a clue on how to organise a side.

I get the feeling I could be hearing this "Not poor enough to go down" this season too. Frankly it's possible we will though.

Can't comment on specifics as I'm not in the country, nor in the permission to watch any highlights but a draw away from home is a decent first game of the season for anyone not nailed on for promotion. And I don't know of anyone who is. Best result out of all the newly promoted teams, new boy scoring and own goals are obviously unfortunate. I'm guessing with all things considered the fans are relatively... appalled, no doubt.

Count yourself lucky you weren't there. Rovers were awful and should have lost by 2 or 3 goals against a very young and average Ipswich team.

Enjoy your holiday and save the winding-up till you get back.

We were relegated Braddock. That's what happens when you don't win football matches and employ idiots. You don't actually know your arse from your elbow do you?

You are a joke wazzock! You got the web? Well read up on the match reports and comments @#/?. Sorry to be swearing everyone but this ###### really winds me up!! Can you imagine in 1939? Braddock's great grandad "Please don't be harsh,never minds what's happening in Poland. Let's just see what Mr Hitler says when he gets to England."

Own goals with defenders facing their own goal are bad ones, not a deflection, trying to cut out a ball which should have been stopped beforehand!1

Archived