BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] GAME THREAD - Ipswich Town Away 12/13

m1st

Although I was only able to listen it sounded for all the world to me like more of the same. BAcking off backing off. Concede possession, give them time and space to play. Yes this season will see the biggest party in dingledom for many a year if this plonker is still here, sadly he will be I think in our heart of hearts we know this. If this idiot has not been fired by now I'm afraid he never will be and I along with other feel that even if he was the chicken farmers could never get the appointment right. Doomed a say we are doomed.

• Replies 554
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On the brighter side, this little gold came from Jewell after the match:

"When asked if he thought he would have signed a new player in time for Tuesday’s game at Watford, Jewell – clearly unhappy with the performance of his right winger – quipped: “Yeah, we might have Jay Emmanuel-Thomas back! Actually, that probably won’t look good in print will it?”

Some observations from Portman Road today.

1. We were very lucky to escape with a point. Ipswich missed 2 easy chances in the second half.

2. Rovers played well in the 1st half and made Ipswich look very ordinary. Then instead of going for a 2nd goal we sat back as usual and invited Ipswich to attack. Why does kean continue to do this ?

3. Richards looks a good signing and Murphy and Etuhu give much needed protection to the back 4 but generally Rovers look an old and tired team.

4. Why was Gomez signed except to fill a shirt ? He offered nothing. Same applies to Formica - absolutely no attacking threat.

5. Givet and Dann had good games but Lowe is not a left back. If Olsson is leaving we need a new No 3.

6. The fans were out in force and in fantastic form for 90 minutes - great support. The away fans love MGP unlike some of the twits on here and at Ewood.

7. Kean Out chants were to be heard early on and then with some venom for the last 15 mins as Rovers went from bad to worse. He was roundly booed as he took the field at the beginning of each half.

To sum up, this Rovers team will probabaly end up in mid-table with or without Kean. It's a very average side.

And it is was bloody hot - more than 32C (90F), too hot.

An excellent summary Jim and totally agree with everything you say. Ultimately, I don't care who the manager is they are not going to get this squad out of the Championship without some investment in key areas. We don't have a left-back worthy of the name, the right-back is average and no more. We lack pace throughout the team, but particularly in the wide areas and and Richards was left without support because the game was simply too quick for Gomez. Admittedly the heat was a factor as Ipswich had a very young side out and some of our players simply wilted in the second-half.

An excellent summary Jim and totally agree with everything you say. Ultimately, I don't care who the manager is they are not going to get this squad out of the Championship without some investment in key areas. We don't have a left-back worthy of the name, the right-back is average and no more. We lack pace throughout the team, but particularly in the wide areas and and Richards was left without support because the game was simply too quick for Gomez. Admittedly the heat was a factor as Ipswich had a very young side out and some of our players simply wilted in the second-half.

Kean Out !!!!

A close season as been totally wasted , a new manager should have been employed in may ...Given the close season to get the deadwood out ( my god there is plenty}..

Now , we have more of Keans crap signings , it is so obvious that the guy is totally clueless !

How many pros have we got on the books , far to many for this league ...

Promotion will not happen , with or without Kean now , our owners who ever they maybe missed that boat in May ...

We used to sing on the terraces back in the 80's 1 st Division here we come , right back where we started from !

Well if Kean is not removed quickly , that is where we are going !!!

Promotion will not happen , with or without Kean now , our owners who ever they maybe missed that boat in May ...

That's not a line we should be selling.

If the fans resign themselves to that, then there is absolutely no reason for Venkys to remove and replace Kean with a more expensive option.

Kean simply must leave to give our club a CHANCE to start over. Instead they seem to have had a fresh start with the imposter STILL HERE.

I don't care if it's 3 games, 1 month, or a year, he has to go.

I don't care if he goes on to become the next Fergie, he has played his part in destroying the community attachment, the soul of this club.

And all for what... money?

Well back to the same old we saw last season.

Why play Formica wide - its not his position and never will be. Surely Simon is the better option.

Peds has struggled to play wide for a few seasons.

Lowe will never be a left back why havent we got in a new left back? Unless Olsson is staying but even then I would rather see him in midfield.

The problem is Murphy is good if there is movement for him to make his passes. With the centre mid we played yesterday you need moblie wide players and idealy mobile full backs.

Also Gomes was off the pace especially second half. If we had even had Simon on the bench then a simple change of removing Gomes moving Formica into his proper number 10 position and putting on Simon might have helped.

Baldy really hasnt got a clue, sometimes the best indication is who he chooses to have on the bench and how to use them. There was absolutely no decent player with any pace on the bench to bring on. In fact there really was no player you could put on to replace either Peds or Formica. It is pretty obvious Marcus is not good enough.

ive just come in from a day out and to see what the score was i went on the bbc, there was an image of andy carrol, a celtic player, an arsenal player and steve kean. what's this im thinking, rovers posted a cricket score or received one? no, 1 each!!

Type Steve into Google. First result 'Steve Jobs', second 'Steve Kean', third 'Steve McQueen'.

The recent trouble in Holland reported on the BBC site was illustrated by a picture of Steve Kean in the rain. (Couldn't imagine trouble involving United fans also being accompanied by a picture of Ferguson, could you?)

We have rarely been media darlings, but at some point the club's media image seems to have got completely out of control.

Not long got back, was good atmosphere from travelling support, everyone got behind the team, although our day was ruined by 2 jokers from Derby who gave the , we are biiger fans than you line. After abusing 2 supporters behind me who had been season ticket holders for 40 years, they then started pulling Mark Fish around by his T-shirt, numerous people asked them to calm down and watch the game. They stated VENKYS owe no-one nothing, They contiuned thier abuse and I told them children were present as is my wife who is pregnant. They didnt want to know they wanted to continue abusing. The stewards came up, can't believe there was not one single police officer on duty in the ground. The stewards watched things unravel and called for more stewards as these guys were obviously looking to hurt someone.

After been asked to leave they continued to get physical and then lunged at my wife who was holding isabelle, and knocked her flying causing both my wife and daughter to become severely distressed, and needed taking down staisr by the stewards. My daughter was sobbing and this behavour is just discusting and un-called for and has no place in football.

I dont care how many games these guys goto or how many miles they cover, Blackburn rovers does not need supporters who wish to try and bully other supporters. Have an opinion yes, but tattack people to enforce it is beyond the joke

The game itself, went pear shaped after the changes, Kazim looked good,whilst I thought Givert and Dann had oustanding games. However Ipswich were very poor and if thats the standard of the championship, then its certainly gone doown hill since we was last in it

We need to get photos of these idiots and stick them on the web. Name and shame the cowardly scum.

Faces like thunder? How do you know?

I didn't see Rovers fans with binoculars and you would have needed them the distance we were from the main stand.

Ah it was them then.

I took a photo of the box I thought I saw them in but still couldn't say it was them for sure.

As for Kean being more or less the last person to walk to the dugout at the start of the second half...thick skinned or arrogant?

Faces like thunder? How do you know?

I didn't see Rovers fans with binoculars and you would have needed them the distance we were from the main stand.

I wasn't even at the match, having declined an invitation from an associate who has facilities there. Let you work out the rest.

He was also gobsmacked at how poor we looked and having seen quite a bit of Championship football over the years, doesn't see us even in top half never mind challenging for promotion.

In the Football League, there is 72 teams.

All the teams have played their match this weekend.

Not a single team did concede more fouls yesterday than Blackburn.

Incredible..

And yet when we were fighting for our lives at Tottenham last season we only committed around six fouls.

We need to get photos of these idiots and stick them on the web. Name and shame the cowardly scum.

Tbh these fans travel home and away , both here and abroad including pre season . Like do many arguments flash points we have witnessed over the last 12 months it's this they use an argument and excuse to claim they are the real fans, last season it was , you guys don't go to enough away games , now it's we're where you at last seasons away games . I think it's pathetic and another case of the trouble being caused by those who feel they have more right to an opinion

So basically it was just the same as last season? A decent first half and a second where we tried to defend our lead and failing, with the "manager" once again unable to change the game once it swung in the opponents' direction? When will people understand? It's just not about kean's awful personality, he just doesn't have what it takes!

Tbh these fans travel home and away , both here and abroad including pre season . Like do many arguments flash points we have witnessed over the last 12 months it's this they use an argument and excuse to claim they are the real fans, last season it was , you guys don't go to enough away games , now it's we're where you at last seasons away games . I think it's pathetic and another case of the trouble being caused by those who feel they have more right to an opinion

Obviously no kids and plenty of disposable income then.

• Backroom

Sorry to hear about the abuse people received from the two "fans" in the away end... well done for not reacting and making the situation even worse.

Just had a text from a friend who was sitting above the dugouts. Said he saw Murphy repeatedly berating Kean and said Murphy looked incredibly agitated, particularly in the second half.

Perhaps he now realises what he's gotten himself into.

It is interesting - if Kean wasn't the manager I would see it as a good point with players adjusting to the demands of a more physical league. The problem is - this sounded more like a continuation of the problems we saw last season.

Personally I would have played Olsson Mk2 - he isn't the best - but his pace and movement does create opportunities for other people - and adds much needed pace to an otherwise pedestrian midfield.

Still think with a decent manager - and one or two additions - we have a squad capable of mounting a challenge at the top.

Archived