BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Hillsborough

Scotty

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A disgrace that it's taken so long, mainly down to ass covering and shifting blame.

Cannot imagine the torment heartbreak of the families.

Justice finally served. God bless the victims and their families.

As an aside, Hope it puts an end to the victims tag and the sickening "sun was right" chant.

The individual family testimonials and tributes to their loved ones are life afirming.

Well worth reading on the bbc website.

Its an absolute tragedy that its taken the indefatigability of a very few people to self finance, self source and fight against the might of two police forces determined to protect themselves to the point of defaming many many others for an amazing 27 years. And people call this justice?

Obviously it's good news and blessed relief for the families and friends of the victims, but shame on the police force, and shame on British justice that this was allowed to continue so long. South Yorks police (who admitted blame after the publication of the redacted officer statements in 2012) - have delayed the result of this inquiry by at least 12 months because they withdrew that admission at the start of the new trial, for what only can be economic reasons.

Both Murdoch owned papers The Sun and The Times, fail to mention this story on tomorrow's front pages.....

Lets not forget that The Thatcher Government waged war on football supporters after this tragedy. We were viewed as a criminal fraternity who had to be controlled and have our civil liberties taken away and the right to stand at football matches denied.

We are still treated like this today by the police in respect of Law and Order and Bubble matches.

http://www.fsf.org.uk/latest-news/view/leeds-fans-exonerated-over-exeter-incident

http://www.fsf.org.uk/latest-news/view/Teenage-Hull-City-fan-challenges-bubble-match-in-court

All built on a lie that supporters were to blame for the Hillsborough tragedy.

Thanks for posting these links. I have just finished watching Part 1 with emotions going from extreme anger at the authorities to extreme sadness for the common person. I defy anyone not to shed a tear watching it.

Cg9m_S66_WMAIFXGT.jpg

Remember 'Sir' Bernard Ingham was Margaret Thatcher's Press Secretary.

Thatcher and her 'yes man' Sports Minister 'Lord' Colin Moynihan hated football.

Andy Burnham should take a lot of credit. Without him setting up the Hillsborough Independent Panel, the second inquest would never have been.

So we can say that on top of the tragic loss of life, terracing was banned for incorrect and untrue reasons. Wonderful.

Remember 'Sir' Bernard Ingham was Margaret Thatcher's Press Secretary.

Thatcher and her 'yes man' Sports Minister 'Lord' Colin Moynihan hated football.

Andy Burnham should take a lot of credit. Without him setting up the Hillsborough Independent Panel, the second inquest would never have been.

So we can say that on top of the tragic loss of life, terracing was banned for incorrect and untrue reasons. Wonderful.

I'd almost forgot about that little snake Moynihan who, as you rightly say hated football and classed anybody associated with it as a deviant. Throw in the then Luton chairman (Evans?) who was, if I remember correctly a Tory MP and wanted to ban away fans. Bates at Chelsea wanted electrified fences. And all with Thatchers support.

Horrible people who saw us as scum.

I'd almost forgot about that little snake Moynihan who, as you rightly say hated football and classed anybody associated with it as a deviant. Throw in the then Luton chairman (Evans?) who was, if I remember correctly a Tory MP and wanted to ban away fans. Bates at Chelsea wanted electrified fences. And all with Thatchers support.

Horrible people who saw us as scum.

Ha, Evans indeed. Compulsory membership schemes! Bloody 'ell!

South Yorks police chief has been suspended.

I didn't realise this but the defence in this trial was exactly the same defence as they used from the outset, drunken fans to blame.

Even after all the evidence the swines still stuck to the original lies. The whole saga could have been over and done with a year ago had they just admitted they lied and took responsibility.

South Yorks police chief has been suspended.

I didn't realise this but the defence in this trial was exactly the same defence as they used from the outset, drunken fans were to blame.

Even after all the evidence the swines still stuck to the original lies. The whole saga could have been over and done with a year ago had they just admitted they lied and took responsibility.

Hope they have deep pockets, this going to be very expensive

I wonder who advised him to stick to the lies. It's all falling apart for the lads down at the lodge. Cover ups over child abuse, police brutality at the miners strike and the lies about football fans at Hillsborough. Retirements all round on big fat pensions.

I wonder who advised him to stick to the lies. It's all falling apart for the lads down at the lodge. Cover ups over child abuse, police brutality at the miners strike and the lies about football fans at Hillsborough. Retirements all round on big fat pensions.

Me and debs just said exactly the same Jock.

After watching the two part documentary this afternoon, perhaps the most significant factor that contributed to so many unnecessary deaths was the 'practical joke' played by two Sheffield police officers on another police officer. The unsuspecting policeman was attacked by two of his colleagues purporting to be burglars, he was dragged down an alley in the dark, hands tied behind his back and was forced to drop his trousers before they ran off laughing. In the subsequent enquiry, the then Police Chief was transferred to Barnsley (even though he played no part in the 'joke' nor knew anything about it) a few weeks before the semi final. He had been in charge of previous semi finals, was a football man and had much big game experience. Instead David Duckenfield was put in charge of the game and it was his lack of leadership and decision making that was a major contribution to the loss of so many lives. I would hope that the two idiotic policemen get their just desserts as and when any sentences are handed out.

Archived