Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Hillsborough

Scotty

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 7 months later...
Guest Norbert

Not surprising that Tory loving, right wing, verminous, lying, manipulative, remorseless, classless, vile turd of humanity is pulling a stunt like this. Hopefully he will get violently murdered on his way to his lawyers. I detest that man's existence and the fact those passive/aggressive super-right wing prats on This Morning and Sky News give him the opportunity to pour his hideous, innacurate bile on the working class and those who happen to be out of a job or a single parent.

(Obviously I won't object if this post is deleted, but he is one of the few people I hate, and I mean really hate).

Not surprising that Tory loving, right wing, verminous, lying, manipulative, remorseless, classless, vile turd of humanity is pulling a stunt like this. Hopefully he will get violently murdered on his way to his lawyers. I detest that man's existence and the fact those passive/aggressive super-right wing prats on This Morning and Sky News give him the opportunity to pour his hideous, innacurate bile on the working class and those who happen to be out of a job or a single parent.

(Obviously I won't object if this post is deleted, but he is one of the few people I hate, and I mean really hate).

Totally agree, a vile excuse for a human being.

Watching the Panorama programme tonight showed just how much contempt the judiciary, politicians and senior police in this country have for the people they are supposed to serve. What they put those families through was disgusting. Jack Straw came out of it looking like the gutless coward I always thought he was.

I've lost a lot respect for Jack Straw after that last night, what the hell was he thinking? A football fan like the rest of us as well, you should hold your head in shame Mr Straw.

If the chief protagonists don't get jailed it'll be another miscarriage of justice, but I won't hold my breath.

I've lost a lot respect for Jack Straw after that last night, what the hell was he thinking? A football fan like the rest of us as well, you should hold your head in shame Mr Straw.[/size]

If the chief protagonists don't get jailed it'll be another miscarriage of justice, but I won't hold my breath.[/size]

The problem is that many have since died, only really Duckenfield remains and he swiftly exited the police force last summer. The former head of the West Midlands police didn't come over very well either.

I wonder why the BBC sat on some of that footage for so long?

Personally, I have always wondered at exactly was said in the conversation between Thatcher and the police at the Leppings Lane end. It still seems strange to me, that she spent far longer with the police, than with the families.

Guest Norbert

It is because she gave more of a crap about how the police would look than a few football supporters. She had a thing about sport, she could never understand it, and probably thought all football fans were leftie, underclass hooligans.

• 2 years later...

Justice finally for the 96 who died at Hillsborough. All unlawfully killed following negligence on the part of the police, the ambulance service, the stadium authorities and Sheffield Wednesday FC. The fans behaviour was not a factor. It's all been proved now in a court of law.

I can't imagine how the families must feel right now, but they should be praised massively for their commitment, endurance & strength for uncovering what must be the single biggest scandal of modern times. Even to the end the police were attempting to smear the fans and at least partially blame them for the tragedy. Thankfully they weren't believed this time.

Now for some accountability.

• Moderation Lead

The strength and determination of the families has been phenomenal. Now it's time for those responsible for the horrific smear that's been going on for years to get what's been coming to them for a long time.

Delighted for them all.

My Mrs' (whom I met after my last post on this thread in 2012) father was there that day and lost a friend he traveled with. It's sad, so sad, what happened and hopefully now they can start to move on.

RIP the 96, and peace at last for the families. Peace hopefully for people such as Kenny who attended many of their funerals and suffered as a consequence for many years later and am sure still does so now.

Justice has finally been served after all these years, I hope the people that tried to cover this up in the government and South Yorkshire police finally get brought to book, its a disgusting abuse of power that in some cases still goes on today.

I've lost count of the number of times I've been treated like a criminal watching football and it still happens today, you have zero rights as a football fan and thats disgusting also.

Feel a bit sorry for Sheff Wednesday the club being dragged through the mud, yes it seems they had a missing safety cert, but i don't see them as in any way responsible for this, just like I don't see the fans that turned up without tickets responsible.

Justice has finally been served after all these years, I hope the people that tried to cover this up in the government and South Yorkshire police finally get brought to book, its a disgusting abuse of power that in some cases still goes on today.

I've lost count of the number of times I've been treated like a criminal watching football and it still happens today, you have zero rights as a football fan and thats disgusting also.

Feel a bit sorry for Sheff Wednesday the club being dragged through the mud, yes it seems they had a missing safety cert, but i don't see them as in any way responsible for this, just like I don't see the fans that turned up without tickets responsible.

So in some way still responsible Gav is it not -but then again that should have been customary due diligence for it being staged as semi final venue I would have thought dependent on what the rules and regs where at the time so lies with the powers that be in Football I suppose.

Justice served

You have to have admiration for the families. A lot of people would have given up after the first inquest.

Happy for all of them. Shame many never saw this day.

Fully endorse that Den. The families have been inspirational and their attitudes have been exemplary.

Hopefully the cover up from Thatchers government will be exposed too.

So in some way still responsible Gav is it not -but then again that should have been customary due diligence for it being staged as semi final venue I would have thought dependent on what the rules and regs where at the time so lies with the powers that be in Football I suppose.

Justice served

Yes I do agree really despite what I wrote, but it deflects from the real issues, police and government, they're the real guilty parties here Capt.

What a vile, vile man.

Not very nice at all.

He gets a mention here from David Conn in the Guardian; http://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/apr/26/hillsborough-disaster-deadly-mistakes-and-lies-that-lasted-decades?utm_source=esp&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=Fiver+2016&utm_term=169058&subid=6923483&CMP=EMCFTBEML853

ESPN over here do a documentary series on all sorts called 30 for 30. They did one last year on Hillsborough. It couldn't be shown in the UK due to the ongoing inquiry but it backed up a lot of what came out with the verdict today.

I thought that the removal of Mole and the appointment of Duckenfield started it all. The mess would not have happened on Mole's watch.

I have to declare an interest here as I went to Sheffield Uni and had 3 mates who died at disaster. fantastic effort from the families and their supporters who, with the whole weight of the establishment against them, managed to prize the truth out. Took 27 years but they won in the end. As for the Police, the Sun, Bernard Ingham etc.... all you have really done is confirm what you are.

I hope the people that tried to cover this up in the government and South Yorkshire police finally get brought to book, its a disgusting abuse of power that in some cases still goes on today.

There's something dodgy about those Yorkshire Police. Some of them wouldn't look out of place in places like South America.

There's something dodgy about those Yorkshire Police. Some of them wouldn't look out of place in places like South America.

The arrogance and lack of respect is undoubtably born out of the miners strike where Thatcher gave them full authority to stitch up and hammer the striking miners.

They're not all bad, a good number did a fantastic job on the day, but jail terms need handing out to the main players and let's hope this is the start of that process.

Archived