BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] GAME THREAD - Barnsley home 12/13

Tom

rest a few players its the 6th game of the season for crying out loud.

No one is suggesting they are tired now. It's a long season though and it would be utterly foolish not to look ahead.

We should be able to beat the likes of Barnsley at home resting a few of the older players.

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm expecting to see Gomez rested with Ruban desveredly taking his place, possible he may also rest Murphy.

Robinson

Orr/Lowe Hanley Dann Ollson

Dunn Etuhu

Bruno Rochina Pederson

Rhodes

3-1 Rovers win in front of 13,500 with Rhodes and Rochina both on the score sheet !

I would also like to see Rosado feature at some point.

Doesn't work like that though LeChuck and its dangerous thinking....we are seen as a big scalp in this league.

It's less dangerous than the alternative. Murphy and Gomes can not play a 46 game season.

Surely the smart thing to do is to rest them in games of our choosing. If we overplay them then we will be forced to drop at some point - and those games could be away at Bolton/Blackpool/Notts Forest etc and not against one of the weaker teams at home.

Basically we can probably get between 30-35 games each from them. I'd rather we were able to select them across the whole season rather than burn them out at the start.

Look at how Alex Ferguson has handled Giggs and Scholes for the past 3/4 years.

Just a placeholder thread really so people can discuss tonight's game seeing as are still awaiting the preview

In the meantime i'll leave you with a picture of Ashley Ward

ward-400ftp2f.jpg

I think I'm in a minority of 1 but I always thought Ward gave 110% everytime he pulled the shirt on. Yes he was cr@p, but the manager kept picking him and he gave is all each and everytime he was selected.

Looking forward to listening tonight, wont be attending due to Kean.

Barnsley is the sort of team we drop points against in the past. I struggle to predict games with Kean in charge, but we will definately concede and definately score.

Rhodes will score.

Ill go:

Robinson

Orr Hanley Dann Martin O

Etuhu Lowe

Formica Rochina MGP

Rhodes

Rest Gomes and Murphy, for before mentioned reasons.

Hope we dont play Bruno, im sure hes an enigma but I still dont rate him. Hope MGP can be bothered.

I'll go 4-1 to the Rovers.

First game I'll be going to this season. Feels like 8 years since this season started. It's been agony missing the first two home games.

If we lose it's my fault as my absence coincided with a very good start.

I hope he does rest Gomes - and possibly rest Murphy and play Dunn as the play maker in midfield.

I don't know why but I'm looking forward to tonight but if he does what you want my optimism will quickly deminish.

I had a big smile on my face watching Rhodes celebrate in front of our fans on Saturday and it quickly went into the interview with Kean and anger overwhelmed me. It shouldn't be like this!

I think I'm in a minority of 1 but I always thought Ward gave 110% everytime he pulled the shirt on. Yes he was cr@p, but the manager kept picking him and he gave is all each and everytime he was selected.

+1

I wouldn't be averse to him resting a few given the oppositions injuries, our superiority, it being a home game, and us playing 3 games so close together.

I certainly wouldn't be angry and let it ruin my night before the night has taken place. I'll merely support the lads throughout and then come the end of the game look at all the facts and decide whether or not I'm happy with the outing and the performances of the players and management. No snap judgements to be made on starting lineups. I'm not, after all, looking for something to get angry about.

I'll go 4-1 to the Rovers.

First game I'll be going to this season. Feels like 8 years since this season started. It's been agony missing the first two home games.

If we lose it's my fault as my absence coincided with a very good start.

Hence why you should give me your ticket.

I'm not sure whether i'd play Rochina from the start. Though his two goals from the bench should be rewarded I still think his decision making is poor and detrimental at times.

He needs game-time to iron this out of him......when he's only given brief cameo roles he tries to impress too much to get in the starting line up next game IMO......if he gets 90 mins, I think he will be less like this and work on his teamwork a bit more.

I seem to remember him being introduced last season by fan demand so i'm sure you can put in a word if he's not starting.

Ah yes, they demanded he came on, he came on and was bobbins and the fans weren't happy with the manager that he brought him on and he was bobbins.

The glory days.

Rhodes looked very comfortable on the weekend and took his goals brilliantly. With Rochina in behind him, I fear due to his (Rochina) greed, Rhodes may suffer and not get as many chances as he would if Gomes plays.

Gomes has really impressed me, however I would save him for the more difficult game against 'Boro on Friday night.

Been really disappointed with Danny Murphy this season. Etuhu has proved a much better buy. Murphy should be dictating play in the middle of the park, however, due to his lack of pace we're always messing around closer to our own box rather than the opposition area.

Rovers 3-1 Barnsley

Gamst, Rhodes and Murphy (Just to prove me wrong)

You are in a minority. He was dross and giving 110% counts for nothing when said 110% actually produced nothing of substance whatsoever.

Archived