BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Shebby: put up or shut up time!

ABBEY

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Agreed, Kean's going nowhere.

Didn't Shebby already try to slither out of that points target claim anyway? Said something about talking about "general football targets" and thus proved himself to be what some of us knew him to be anyhow - a 100% grade A bullshitter.

I really have no confidence whatsoever in there being a points target for Kean, or Shebby having much sway over anything of this importance. But we'll see.... some on here seem to have been confidently saying they think Kean will go if Rovers don't win. I think they're about to be proved wrong. I hope not.

good start to the season was always going to be the worst thing that could happen to us, sure when/if this point ultimatum was given they were realistic enough to think we'd have about 7 pts now i'd be amazed/delighted/in dreamland/happy as a pig in ###### if they do can his useless ass on 14pts

In a weird way, I've been hoping the target would be missed so that Singh can be put to the test.

Personally I reckon he was "talking generally about general targets for managers in general".

(Btw, should the thread title be "Shebby prove it" or has Singh got a job stacking shelves?)

Either it happens or Shebby's credibilty is through the floor with a group of people who really matter. And this is not just an extrapolation of what happened in Pune last May or at St George's Hall.

The group of people who matter the most are the fans and I really don't think that Keans, Venkys and too a degree Shebbys stock could be any lower. I sincerely hope that he does go and I hope it hurts him like we have been hurt but I just can't see it - too many false dawns.

I think he'll be gone tomorrow. I reckon Venky's have been waiting for one bad result to maintain the pretence it was because of results and not to appease the fans. I also have a theory that Kean offered up his payoff as part of the deal to cling on to his job for the start of this season, "If I don't get 16 from 7, you can sack me without a payoff I'm that confident"

Archived