BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Kean Yet To Be Sacked

Kamy100

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The boycott this season has been working, there is no doubt in my mind to think otherwise.

Shebby has conducted several interviews this season where he has talking about the impact of the boycott on the clubs finances, if you also consider that the usual suspects at the club have been using PR spin to claim that the fans are coming back it's clear that the owners are concerned about the lack of money coming into the club.

I can believe that Glen has been told about this rumour concerning the organisation of boycotting, however it's likely an example of 'disinformation' in order to destabilise the boycott movement and those protesting against the manager. The last two years has shown us we aren't dealing with amateurs here, we are talking about some clever, some might say devious people who will do anything to keep on to power.

This argument that if nobody turns up to the Wolves game it plays into Kean's hands is quite frankly nonsense in my opinion. If fans attend in force it plays into Kean's hands. The guy has spent all season saying the fans have been coming back and he is starting to win them over, an increased attendance close to normality will only reinforce his position as he will have been proved right and he will for sure let the owners know that.

Very intelligent post. Totally agree.

Wow someone got it :-)

Glen, I don't know you and no offence intended but you're coming across like you're scared to get up in the morning and put your pants on in case it could be mis construed as a gesture of support for Kean.

People can't have a debate about the situation - it plays into Kean's hands. People can't disagree with you about anything - It plays into Kean's hands. People shouldn't hold a boycott - It plays into Kean's hands.

I'm sure you've done lots of good work and are acting with the best of intentions. But take a step back, a couple of deep breaths and think about what you're saying.

Though it sounds completely contrived I cant help take some of what Glen says seriously, Kean & his cronies have continuously spun the truth in the media, sometimes to gain sympathy, sometimes to cover up cracks. This is a fact & we all know it

In order to gain sympathy Andersson went on sky & claimed his family were under attack, there are dark forces at work. Kean getting a bodygaurd was always over the top & if he did need one why did he need to tell everyone

Many Many other lies have been told in order to force peoples opinions & as far as we know Kean no longer has direct contact with the owners so he uses the media to get his point across

I am talking from outside the bubble here & am not fully familiar with personalities or egos etc but I believe Glen but if he is so sure that Kean will be sacked then i dont see the boycott effecting that

However, the boycott will gain Kean sympathy, i can be sure of that!! I hear it every day, "who do Blackburn fans think they are?", "the poor guy!", this sympathy may get him another job after hes gone or possibly a few quid extra in his severance but I would be pretty he will be gone from here & that is all that matters to me!!

and risk the Club folding.........................

As for the Press conference, I like Kamy thought that you could read it as "positive" in the sense "They're going to give me some compo."

Change the record Simon. You are becoming boring.

Kean knows the whole supporter base want him gone , do he asks them not to boycott , knowing they will listen right ???

In my view he asks them not to boycott because the clot still has enough misguided confidence in his own ability and the mistaken belief that as manager anyone will still listen to what he has to say.

Why twist yourself up in knots looking for some cunning double or triple meaning that simply isn't there?

After listening to his interview everything seems clear to me now :)

Kean was about to be sacked on monday, but he refers to talks on Monday so he must have managed to get a stay of execution with the argument that current avg of 2 points pr game is enough for automatic promotion. So by "constructive" talks I think there must have been a clear target that he will keep the job as long as the 2 avg point pr game is met.

That means he need at least 4 points vs Charlton and Wolves, but if he manages that we could see this rumling on.. The little comfort is that team will be in a decent position on the table for the next manager.

Did Singh not say the other day that the loss of revenue (through poor attendances and lack of sponsorship) was hurting the Indians more than anything else. The way I see it is that one final push should see him over the precipice and possibly the only way the Indians will do this is by Ewood being deserted for the Wolves game. I just don't think the slimeball and his cohorts at Ewood are smart enough to counter or spin this in any other way.

The current attendance levels are organic. How can they then be used by kean as a positive baffles me

I'm just baffled by it all. Probably even more baffled than when I saw someone dress a dog in a kean out sign :-/

The dog was just plain funny.The live chicken dressed in blue and white thrown onto the pitch,the evening we were relegated was the baffling one.

Lesson 1# This is what BS sounds like... http://www.bbc.co.uk...tball/19756709?

Incredibly thinly-veiled jab at Shebby at 1:06:

"I only want to say that the talks were positive, and that I'm the type of person that when I have talks with the owners and they're confidential talks, I'll make sure that the content of that remains totally private between me and the owners and I will respect that. Y'know
if anybody else wants to talk about the content that's their perogative
but I'll always make sure that they remain private and they were very, very, very constructive."

Funny how he didn't worry about "keeping the content private" when shouting from the rooftops about his "100% support".

Kean knows the whole supporter base want him gone , do he asks them not to boycott , knowing they will listen right ???

Fans attend. Kean puts on a PR exercise to India that they are coming back and he can win them over long term. Kean keeps his job.

Fans don't attend. Keans puts on a PR exercise to India that the boycott is organised (even backed financially) by some disgruntled individuals, the minority as he likes to call them. He assures the owners that the majority can be won back. Kean keeps his job.

So in other words we are in a no win situation?

I respect you Glen but from an outsider looking in I think someone is deliberately spreading 'disinformation' to play you and destabilise the anti Kean movement with this 'should we or should we not boycott?' I've played out every scenario in my head and I can only see one person winning from not boycotting at all and that's Kean.

Fans attend. Kean puts on a PR exercise to India that they are coming back and he can win them over long term. Kean keeps his job.

Fans don't attend. Keans puts on a PR exercise to India that the boycott is organised (even backed financially) by some disgruntled individuals, the minority as he likes to call them. He assures the owners that the majority can be won back. Kean keeps his job.

I respect you Glen but from an outsider looking in I think someone is spreading 'disinformation' to play you and destabilise the anti Kean movement with this 'should we or should we not boycott?' I've played out every scenario in my head and I can only see one person winning from not boycotting at all and that's Kean.

I've no intention at all to boycott, but not going to go into the reasons why.

I fully support the action groups approach of making this an individual choice. I can also see the logic in that if the action group isnt organising this that the message to India will be clear that there are more groups who feel strongly about the situation. Kean cant just go back and say "its the same mob as last time, ignore it"

I think maybe what Glen is trying to say that the protest has to be organic, in other words, we spontaneously boycott based on individual and personal decisions, and not do it together under one organized group like the one being organized in Facebook, etc. I think Glen is not against a boycott per se, but against an organized boycott because an organized one might feed into Steve Kean's conspiracy theory that the boycotts were all organized and funded by someone. But if we just boycott individually without organizing it, there won't be any ammunition for the Kean camp to justify his conspiracy.

Organised boycott or not, there will be a low home attendance for Wolves anyway. Enough people are sick of being treated like fools and are happy to vote with their feet. I'm glad to see that it seems to be working. My worry is that they will not return but that is a worry for later.

The away attendance is immaterial. In fact more Wolves fans will highlight the emptiness of the home sections.

My question is, will the "die-hards" be grateful to the stay-aways if indeed boycotting does lead to kean getting the boot, or will we hear how they "stuck with the lads through thick and thin" (and helped keep Kean in his job)

I respect you Glen but from an outsider looking in I think someone is deliberately spreading 'disinformation' to play you and destabilise the anti Kean movement with this 'should we or should we not boycott?' I've played out every scenario in my head and I can only see one person winning from not boycotting at all and that's Kean.

What about this scenario :

put yourself in Keans position after the stick he gets you'd resign do the honourable thing accept you weren't up to it or take your sacking get the compo but NO Kean wants to hang on so he must be making money out of Rovers to make all the hassle worth while..

How is he making money besides handsome salary you may ask...well what about all the Portugese players he signed...Henriques dad is an agent who used to play in the same side as Kean in that top league of European football Portugal does it start to add up ? but coco when quized on why he'd signed so many portugese players back in August stated Portugal is an untapped marked..OK fair enougth answer but during the international break Kean stated he'd never even seen these players play or signed them . So who is telling porkies Mr kean ?

I reckon Kean is more clever and astute than we think , he's playing the fans , the media the club , etc but one things for certain he can't play as a manager much longer..............

KEAN OUT HENDRY OUT AGNEW OUT SHAW OUT VENKYS OUT

• Backroom

There's no such thing as an organic boycott. It's organised by nature. Otherwise it would just be fans deciding not to attend.

If the ultimate aim is to show them fans are willing to stay away in large numbers because of Kean... why does it matter whether it's organised or not? I'm failing to see where the organised part becomes an issue. I'm aware Venky's don't work on logic, but still, organised or not the outcome is the same - low attendence, less money, embarrassing press coverage.

not a cat in hells chance the press would ever believe there is a dark plot to oust kean. They are more than aware its because of his shocking record.

what the chuckle brothers and sister think though is anyones guess

Presumably the Telegraph would also deny this knowing full well where the payment for the advert came from.

I think that momentum has built so much over the last week that naturally without a push less fans will attend the Wolves Game as a consequence-that is pretty clear.

It is a real shame that the next couple of matches are away.

I do not feel that an organised call to arms will make a difference with again a huge fall in attendance.

I would have loved to have seen an empty Ewood because fans decided not to attend for no other 'apparent' reason than because they wanted Kean out.

Glen is right this will provide Team Kean with the opportunity to say the low attendance is not just because the team wants me out but that this was organised and isn't a true reflection (They are already manipulating attendance figures).

Don't get me wrong i think it is a fantastic idea and i fully commend the banner idea and those responsible-well done. But i can see how others might feel it is rocking a boat unnecessarily and dangerous that was already sinking on its own without pushing it with more force and perhaps causing it to possibly upright.

There are no easy answers to this-just go with your gut instincts and your hearts and you won't go wrong. Individually you know what is right for your club. :tu:

Archived