BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Kean Yet To Be Sacked

Kamy100

if the season ticket holders stayed away too surely most buy pints pies programmes when they go so that lods of income would also make a statement so everyone can make a difference whether paid in full or not!

(please dont for one minute accuse me of telling people what to do... im not. just making a point) i

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Questions that keeps needing to be asked is why the dithering?

Why the strange loyalty?

Why the pay rise/new contract for continuous failure?

Why the indecision where other, more capable members of staff, have ruthlessly been axed?

So what is your suggestion Glen? I'm not being obtuse here, i'm just wondering. Are you continuing to protest inside the ground? I haven't been this season so i literally have no clue whats going on.

Attendances have already sealed his fate , amongst other things

Kean has sat there all smug this morning with his , don't boycott against wolves , that's his message I'm not going I'm here until wolves , when in reality he knows he is on his way . He knows supporters will be deflated , upset , etc .....

Questions that keeps needing to be asked is why the dithering?

Why the strange loyalty?

Why the pay rise/new contract for continuous failure?

Why the indecision where other, more capable members of staff, have ruthlessly been axed?

two reasons.

1 massive pay off?

2 he has said the fergie scenario

if the season ticket holders stayed away too surely most buy pints pies programmes when they go so that lods of income would also make a statement so everyone can make a difference whether paid in full or not!

(please dont for one minute accuse me of telling people what to do... im not. just making a point) i

Yes, this is why season ticket holders can still make a difference by boycotting ( as well as ensuring maximum visual impact with rows of empty seats ).

• Backroom

Thinking about it as long as its fully peaceful I don't see how Kean can spin it

Maybe with last seasons protests yes as people can say he was targeted but s boycott is just people staying away and NOT abusing him in any way

It's as peaceful a way to protest as can be

So is Glenn trying to say the Kean's camp will spin it that John Williams is paying for the LT boycott advert as well as funding for us all not to attend?

Sounds like madness to me.

I have just posted about this and totally agree. It is madness.

It's farcical. Fantastical. Unbelievable. And I mean actually UNBELIEVABLE as anyone who believes that us boycotting will damage Williams and play into Kean's hands is bonkers. If you avoid boycotting because of these absurd claims then in my eyes you are supporting Kean's ability to lie and get away with it. If people boycott and he blames it on Williams it will be easy as anything for Williams to delegate this to his legal team to rectify as it is almost defamation of character. If you think going and shouting "Kean Out" for 90 minutes will help then you are wrong. Kean will use the increased support in his favour.

I do not think the crowd will be overly effected , wolves will bring lots , club will add a couple of thousands on , and this is what kean wants . To get a media sympathy vote , the owners to believe that this is being done as some dark plot. I did try and explain this at the weekend , but without spelling it out.

not a cat in hells chance the press would ever believe there is a dark plot to oust kean. They are more than aware its because of his shocking record.

what the chuckle brothers and sister think though is anyones guess

Attendances have already sealed his fate , amongst other things

Kean has sat there all smug this morning with his , don't boycott against wolves , that's his message I'm not going I'm here until wolves , when in reality he knows he is on his way . He knows supporters will be deflated , upset , etc .....

what annoys me though is he has 3 games to cause more unrest within the club. Why can't the bloody Venkys sack him now and then maybe the fans will return for the wolves game, does not make sense!, not to mention rovers dropping point in 3 vital games

• Backroom

Glen, whilst I respect your views on the boycott and know you have plenty of links within the club – certainly more than myself – in this instance I believe you are wrong to advocate against the boycott.

You keep saying you’re relaxed about Kean going and I appreciate that, but the fact is we’ve all been here before. The only thing you can say is for sure about Venky’s… is that nothing is for sure. As Kamy has pointed out, so far the only thing that seems to have affected them is the realisation that low attendances are occurring despite relative success so far this season. It must be obvious to the family by now that Kean is the main reason for attendance declining, I firmly believe they are aware of this. A boycott will further ram this message home, and is one of the few things we can do that we know will have an impact on Venky’s thinking. Nothing else – protests, chanting, writing letters, etc – has worked. If anything it seems to have made Kean’s position stronger.

If fans begin to drift back, I fear Desai’s thinking will regress. The boycott, for me, must happen. There’s no proof JW has ever funded protests or anything else, he’s not at the club anymore either so as far as I’m concerned there is no way a boycott could come back to hurt him in any way.

It really is simple, the fact Kean is mentioning the Wolves game, means he is going to be here still in charge.

It also proves that these plans of boycott, and whatever else, is filtering back to him.

At last it shows his job is hanging by a thread, and this is a last plea to the fans to attend. If they don't he is gone regardless of results.

Lets not forget, he said the fans would return, but they haven't.

You all go, he'll turn to Venkys and say "I told you they'd be back"

Best case scenario: empty ground BOOM, SACKED

Worst case scenario: full ground NEW CONTRACT

Results don't matter as much at this stage (to us it does, to them it doesn't) if he gets beyond the Wolves game, then who knows when he'll be gone.

what annoys me though is he has 3 games to cause more unrest within the club. Why can't the bloody Venkys sack him now and then maybe the fans will return for the wolves game, does not make sense!, not to mention rovers dropping point in 3 vital games

Because Desai doesn't care and the chuckle brothers are otherwise engaged.

Oh, and because they don't see fit to give an appropriate level of authority to Shebby.

Thinking about it as long as its fully peaceful I don't see how Kean can spin it

Maybe with last seasons protests yes as people can say he was targeted but s boycott is just people staying away and NOT abusing him in any way

It's as peaceful a way to protest as can be

It's the ultimate protest Tom, - fans can't do any more. As for the argument that it's causing financial harm, well yes it is, slightly. When you take into consideration though, that the average gate at Ewood was 25000 when Kean was appointed and now it's 13000, a thousand or so fans not taking their usual seats for one game, pales into insignificance.

Archived