BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Kean Yet To Be Sacked

Kamy100

There's no such thing as an organic boycott. It's organised by nature. Otherwise it would just be fans deciding not to attend.

If the ultimate aim is to show them fans are willing to stay away in large numbers because of Kean... why does it matter whether it's organised or not? I'm failing to see where the organised part becomes an issue. I'm aware Venky's don't work on logic, but still, organised or not the outcome is the same - low attendence, less money, embarrassing press coverage.

No idea, I'm just inferring from when Glen said "someone finally got it".

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It doesn't matter how Kean spuns it to the Addams family, that's orchestrated or whatever.

It's simply a further tightening of the screw of the pressure that's already been applied by an unofficial boycott of half the club's supporters upping and leaving.

The rationale for attending the game reminds me of the rationale the Pune 8 had for visiting India. They got taken for a ride as well.

Venky's are hurting, we can't give in now, the pressure must be kept up.

Whilst I too am not personally in favour of a boycott:

If people are staying away, does it matter who or what is in favour of a boycott?

It doesn't matter two hoots whether it's spontaneous, organised or encouraged by one or more supporters' groups, John Williams (not that it is I'm sure) or Uncle Tom Cobley.

You can only encourage people not to attend, you can't go round bunging every single person a monkey the night before the game to persuade them not to go! All right you might try to physically stop or intimidate people from entering the ground but that would be a sure fire way of losing support.

All this pointless discussion is deflecting from the main issue at hand. Kean, and his removal, or otherwise.

Excuse me , you was claiming yesterday he was being sacked today ?

Is there any chance we can have a poll at who is and who is not attending against wolves ?

Yesterday, I stated that, IMO, there was a very good chance he would be gone before the Charlton game. What that was based upon is irrelevant but it was also a view shared by others, quite widely.

So, I was wrong, as were others, as you have been also in the past on some things. That is life, hey ho. I don't pretend to be ITK but share, where appropriate, any speculation that I may hear and also offer my personal view on it.

I respect some of the stuff you have done, and supported you on it, admiring your initiative, but at times, feels like you need to reign yourself in a bit and realise that you are just a supporter, no more, no less, just like thousands of others.

Whilst I too am not personally in favour of a boycott:

If people are staying away, does it matter who or what is in favour of a boycott?

It doesn't matter two hoots whether it's spontaneous, organised or encouraged by one or more supporters' groups, John Williams (not that it is I'm sure) or Uncle Tom Cobley.

You can only encourage people not to attend, you can't go round bunging every single person a monkey the night before the game to persuade them not to go! All right you might try to physically stop or intimidate people from entering the ground but that would be a sure fire way of losing support.

All this pointless discussion is deflecting from the main issue at hand. Kean, and his removal, or otherwise.

Agreed. His position has been untenable for a long time now. And if the owners had anything about them, they would've binned him into infinity ages ago. It just reinforces my perception that Mrs Desai is lazy and doesn't care. Unfortunately for her the problem isn't just going to go away

It doesn't matter how Kean spuns it to the Addams family, that's orchestrated or whatever.

It's simply a further tightening of the screw of the pressure that's already been applied by an unofficial boycott of half the club's supporters upping and leaving.

The rationale for attending the game reminds me of the rationale the Pune 8 had for visiting India. They got taken for a ride as well.

Venky's are hurting, we can't give in now, the pressure must be kept up.

Mr B

Unintentionally hilarious pal, Kean in my mind has now crystallised into Uncle Fester

Waiting for him to appear on the touchline, when he decides to make one of his genius substitutions he would have a lit light bulb in his mouth

:lol: :lol:

Thanks Glen

Can you explain why his demands for Millions are a stumbling block? Surely the most he is entitled to is the remainder of his contract? Which I estimate to be <£1m

My guess is he wants the millions as the price of keeping quiet about the stuff he knows that could damage them. Just my theory....nothing more.

IMO if people do attend the game and the attendence is anywhere near or above the 13k mark , this will be spun to look like more fans are actually in support of Kean and that it is fans that are divided , taking the flak of Kean and once more to us fans , If he is definatley going after ther international break then why not let him finish with his lowest ever crowd , and stick a huge 2 fingers up to him

Kean is going to try and attempt to spin things his way, whatever happens.

Moreover, many fans will have already made their own personal decision to not attend the game anyway. Even if there was any mileage in the notion that a boycott is going to hurt the chances of him getting binned the attendances are not going to jump up significantly if a few people change their minds as a result.

If fans want to boycott in the belief that it will put more pressure on Kean, they should do so. Do not be swayed by blatant attempts at manipulation. Equally, those who choose to should go and enjoy the game.

Deciding to not boycott purely because you think it might help get shot of him is a no-mans land that won't achieve anything. He'll either spin it to say he's winning the fans back on side or there won't be the numbers to make any difference from the norm.

I think that's more or less what Glen's saying to be honest but it's even more critical in the final days of his dictatorship to think *very* critically about who is saying what and why.

John Williams is fully aware of what team kean have been spouting to India , as I made him aware straight away when I was told by those within Ewood . He is currently trying to get over his wife's death

That's rough. And on top of that the joke of a man that is steve kean tries to frame you.

My biggest condolences to John Williams and the rest of his family.

Steve Kean has said he has held "positive and constructive" talks with owners Venky's, amid speculation about his future as Blackburn Rovers manager.

It is understood Kean's position is still under review, although he is expected to take charge of Saturday's Championship game at Charlton.

"We remain on course to get where we want to get at the end of the season, which is automatic promotion," he said.

"It's been constructive talks and it's been a great week."

When asked by BBC Radio Lancashire if he feared for his job at any point over the past few days, Kean added: "I only want to say that the talks were positive, and I'm the type of person that when I have confidential talks with the owners, I'll make sure the content remains totally private.

"If anybody else wants to talk about the content, that's their prerogative, but I'll always make sure that they remain private, and they were very constructive."

Captain Danny Murphy added: "It's a bit like getting up every morning and having your breakfast. There's always something to read.

"It's becoming so every day that it's not that important to talk about it.

"The stuff that's out of your hands you can't have an influence on. You can only try to perform on the pitch to the best of your ability.

"That's what the manager, the club and the fans want. We all want to play well, win games and get back to the Premier League."

It was reported that Kean was on the brink of being sacked following a 2-1 defeat by Middlesbrough, Blackburn's first league defeat of the campaign.

Rovers, who were relegated from the Premier League in May, had led the Championship before that loss and they remain third in the table behind Brighton and Huddersfield, having collected 14 points from their first seven games.

But home attendances are significantly down on last season - only 13,405 were present at the Middlesbrough game, around 9,000 fewer than their average gate in the top flight in 2011-12.

A supporters' group has urged fans to boycott the club's next home match, against Wolves on 6 October, if Kean is still in charge of Rovers.

But the Scot, who turns 45 on Sunday, says his only focus is on making sure his side return to winning ways at Charlton.

"We're positive and we're preparing for the game in a manner that is positive and professional," said Kean. "It's been a good week."

I've no intention at all to boycott, but not going to go into the reasons why.

I fully support the action groups approach of making this an individual choice. I can also see the logic in that if the action group isnt organising this that the message to India will be clear that there are more groups who feel strongly about the situation. Kean cant just go back and say "its the same mob as last time, ignore it"

Couldn't see this before but what you are saying makes sense and I can see why Glen M is distancing himself and the action group away from the organised boycott.

The situation is just ridiculous though, way way too political for me.

I find it interesting that Glen seems to be against a boycott. I'd have thought that was exactly the sort of thing he and his group would get behind.

I don't understand Glen's stance re: Kean spinning the boycott to help his position - surely Glen's mate Shebby will be able to inform the owners the reasons behind the boycott?

I agree with that Scotty, boycotting has proved that the fans do have a voice, ###### to Kean, his days are almost up, and take that idiot Agnew with you.

I think maybe what Glen is trying to say that the protest has to be organic, in other words, we spontaneously boycott based on individual and personal decisions, and not do it together under one organized group like the one being organized in Facebook, etc. I think Glen is not against a boycott per se, but against an organized boycott because an organized one might feed into Steve Kean's conspiracy theory that the boycotts were all organized and funded by someone. But if we just boycott individually without organizing it, there won't be any ammunition for the Kean camp to justify his conspiracy.

Agreed

I'd give it a listen. Far less agonising than previous press conferences. He sounds like he's a goner. Everything he says is very cagey and either the writing is on the wall already or he knows it will be.

Youre right, Tom. The way he evaded the question about if he feared the sack is most telling! :)

I can't escape this. Even playing as Rovers on Fifa 13 is depressing. They have made the baffling choice of having Kean stood on the sidelines, you can see the sun bouncing off his head whenever you make a run down the right wing. The commentators are very supportive of the fans though. It really shows you how quickly we have declined. The last Fifa was all about hope for us and how well we have done, this version of Fifa talks about fear for the future and fan anger...

Archived